Let's see pics of your stereo setup! - Page 92 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3152Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2731 of 2764 Old 09-14-2017, 07:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Here's mine. These are corner loaded cabinets made to fit with a 15" Radian 5215Be coaxial drivers with the beryllium compression drivers . Crossovers are passives crossed at 950hz and made by Frank at Coherent Audio in Canada land. Source is my pc running Tidal -> PS Audio Direct Stream Junior -> ATI AT523NC Amplifier (Hypex Ncore). Running Dirac Live on the pc for room correction and the sound is amazing. Need some room acoustic treatments still, few more carpets and wall treatments. I'm relegated to the basement with my audio gear and it has stained concrete floors currently. All in all couldn't be happier with my choice to go semi DIY on this build and the parts all work together effortlessly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170906_191804.jpg (44.3 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg 20170906_191753.jpg (99.5 KB, 485 views)
File Type: jpg 20170906_191823.jpg (47.8 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg 20170906_191814.jpg (48.5 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg 20170906_191809.jpg (45.2 KB, 122 views)

HT Setup: SEOS 1099 Elusives ; 1 - Klipsch SW-110 Sub; 2 - Tannoy DC100; Panasonic 65" Plasma; Pioneer Elite SC-63
2 CH. Stereo Setup: Klipsch La Scalas (Trachorn 400 upgrade); Primaluna Prologue Premier Integrated Tube Amp; EE MiniMax DAC+; SB Touch;
Rega P1 w/ RB202 Tonearm; Rega FONO MM Phono
Justin AuBuchon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2732 of 2764 Old 09-14-2017, 01:34 PM
Member
 
sprogk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post


Best picture!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ceptorman likes this.
sprogk is offline  
post #2733 of 2764 Old 09-15-2017, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JA Fant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prattville AL
Posts: 1,722
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
Sweet dog
JA Fant is offline  
 
post #2734 of 2764 Old 09-15-2017, 09:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ratman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Collingswood, N.J.
Posts: 17,528
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1487 Post(s)
Liked: 1191
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Fant View Post
Sweet dog
Great woofer.



If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough – Albert Einstein
Ratman is offline  
post #2735 of 2764 Old 09-17-2017, 08:41 AM
Advanced Member
 
ceptorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indy
Posts: 904
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin AuBuchon View Post
Here's mine. These are corner loaded cabinets made to fit with a 15" Radian 5215Be coaxial drivers with the beryllium compression drivers . Crossovers are passives crossed at 950hz and made by Frank at Coherent Audio in Canada land. Source is my pc running Tidal -> PS Audio Direct Stream Junior -> ATI AT523NC Amplifier (Hypex Ncore). Running Dirac Live on the pc for room correction and the sound is amazing. Need some room acoustic treatments still, few more carpets and wall treatments. I'm relegated to the basement with my audio gear and it has stained concrete floors currently. All in all couldn't be happier with my choice to go semi DIY on this build and the parts all work together effortlessly.
Very nice, great job.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
ceptorman is offline  
post #2736 of 2764 Old 09-17-2017, 01:31 PM
Member
 
simpleman68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northeast PA
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Oppo 105
Legacy Wavelet DSP
Carver VTA 305M (X2)
Parasound A21
Legacy Whisper XDS
HSU VTF-15H (X2)





Oppo UDP-205 * Sony VPL VW350ES * Anthem AVM60
Emotiva XPR 2 * Emotiva XPR 5 * Emotiva XPA 6 *
JTR Noesis 215RT * JTR 215RM * Paradigm Surr 3 surround * Paradigm Atoms back * RSL C34E height
Seaton SubMersive HP+ * HSU VTF-15H * Panamax M5300

Last edited by simpleman68; 09-18-2017 at 04:28 AM.
simpleman68 is offline  
post #2737 of 2764 Old 09-19-2017, 01:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JA Fant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prattville AL
Posts: 1,722
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman68 View Post
Oppo 105
Legacy Wavelet DSP
Carver VTA 305M (X2)
Parasound A21
Legacy Whisper XDS
HSU VTF-15H (X2)




Beautiful pic!
JA Fant is offline  
post #2738 of 2764 Old 09-19-2017, 01:14 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ratman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Collingswood, N.J.
Posts: 17,528
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1487 Post(s)
Liked: 1191
Nice toilet. You'll need TP soon.



If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough – Albert Einstein
Ratman is offline  
post #2739 of 2764 Old 09-19-2017, 01:44 PM
Member
 
simpleman68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northeast PA
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Fant View Post
Beautiful pic!
Thanks man! Just a quickie cell pic.
Scott

Oppo UDP-205 * Sony VPL VW350ES * Anthem AVM60
Emotiva XPR 2 * Emotiva XPR 5 * Emotiva XPA 6 *
JTR Noesis 215RT * JTR 215RM * Paradigm Surr 3 surround * Paradigm Atoms back * RSL C34E height
Seaton SubMersive HP+ * HSU VTF-15H * Panamax M5300
simpleman68 is offline  
post #2740 of 2764 Old 09-19-2017, 01:46 PM
Member
 
simpleman68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northeast PA
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
Nice toilet. You'll need TP soon.
Good eye my man.
Scott

Oppo UDP-205 * Sony VPL VW350ES * Anthem AVM60
Emotiva XPR 2 * Emotiva XPR 5 * Emotiva XPA 6 *
JTR Noesis 215RT * JTR 215RM * Paradigm Surr 3 surround * Paradigm Atoms back * RSL C34E height
Seaton SubMersive HP+ * HSU VTF-15H * Panamax M5300
simpleman68 is offline  
post #2741 of 2764 Old 10-03-2017, 12:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JA Fant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prattville AL
Posts: 1,722
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Keep the pics coming!
JA Fant is offline  
post #2742 of 2764 Old 10-04-2017, 12:01 PM
3db
AVS Forum Special Member
 
3db's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,249
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Here's mine, serves me both for HT and 2 channel music....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0095.jpeg
Views:	175
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	2292600   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0099.jpeg
Views:	170
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	2292602   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0098.jpeg
Views:	180
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	2292604   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0097.jpeg
Views:	171
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	2292606  

AVR Yamaha RX-V1800/RX-V1500
Turntable/Cassette Deck ProJect Xpression III/Yamaha KX-800U
BluRay Yamaha BD-S681/Sony BDP-S360
Display Samsung UN65KU6491 65"/UN55MU7000 55"
Speakers PSB ImageT-45/Alphas Front, Image 8C/100c Ctr, Image 1B/RBH A600 Sur
Subwoofers Rythmic LV12-R
/PSB Subsonic 5
3db is offline  
post #2743 of 2764 Old 10-06-2017, 09:56 AM
Senior Member
 
abd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 334
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman68 View Post
Oppo 105
Legacy Wavelet DSP
Carver VTA 305M (X2)
Parasound A21
Legacy Whisper XDS
HSU VTF-15H (X2)

Looks amazing. I would love to be able to listen to that with those Carver amps, what a treat. How do you switch between the tube/ss amps? Do you just swap cables? Which do you prefer?

2 Channel "Man Nook"
Primaluna Dialogue One/Totem Acoustic Hawks/Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC Plus
Home Theater Room/Kids Lounge
Emotiva XMC-1, XPA-2, XPA-100, BasX A-500
Aperion Verus Grand Towers & Center/Paradigm Cinema Surrounds
Rythmik LVX12
abd1 is online now  
post #2744 of 2764 Old 10-06-2017, 10:24 AM
Senior Member
 
abd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 334
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 134
I've recently made a couple changes to my system. I had been using a Peachtree Nova220se, which I'm a big fan of. However, after listening to a demo of the McIntosh MC275 tube amp with C2500 tube preamp, I knew I had try a tube system. That demo was one of the those life altering epiphany "a-ha" moments. I can't afford the McIntosh gear, but I was able to get a good deal on a demo PrimaLuna Dialogue One. I basically stream music and had been using a Peachtree Dac-Itx. I really thought the sound was exceptional, but I was curious how much more I could get with a better DAC. I researched for a while and then started reading about the Eastern Electric Minimax DAC Plus. It sounded like my kind of component - top quality performance and parts and a reasonable price. So I looked to see what used units are available and it turned out someone was selling one that was hardly used and he lived 2 miles from me! I wound up getting the dac with an upgraded tube for $400! It was meant to be! I've spent the last couple of weeks listening to it and I'm blown away. I got plenty of enjoyment from the PT DAC and I was skeptical how much better it could get, but this is clearly better - especially in the depth and width of the soundstage. It also presents more detail without sounding harsh. When I get home in the evening and have time to sit and relax I like to take a couple puffs of some nice indica and then play 4-5 songs - ultimate stress relief. The first time I got to do this with the Minimax DAC I started with the track Husks and Shells by Volcano Choir. I closed my eyes to just focus on the sound and.... WOW. I couldn't help but laugh in amazement from what I was hearing. Sound was everywhere - well beyond the boundaries of the speakers and the depth was amazing. This is an unusual track, probably not everyone's taste, but I love Justin Vernon's vocals (Bon Iver) and when I play this track with my eyes closed and I can feel the music wash over me and stress fade away. I played this for a friend who was visiting from out of town. At the end he was speechless, mouth agape and a tear in his eye. He wound up listening for 2 hours and is now shopping for a tube system back home. Anyway, the system is simple, not much to look at, but the sound is gripping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0052.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	2293720   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0051.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	2293722   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0050.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	2293724  

2 Channel "Man Nook"
Primaluna Dialogue One/Totem Acoustic Hawks/Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC Plus
Home Theater Room/Kids Lounge
Emotiva XMC-1, XPA-2, XPA-100, BasX A-500
Aperion Verus Grand Towers & Center/Paradigm Cinema Surrounds
Rythmik LVX12
abd1 is online now  
post #2745 of 2764 Old 10-06-2017, 11:29 AM
Member
 
simpleman68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northeast PA
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by abd1 View Post
Looks amazing. I would love to be able to listen to that with those Carver amps, what a treat. How do you switch between the tube/ss amps? Do you just swap cables? Which do you prefer?
Thank you! If you're ever in NE PA, give me a shout. Always fun to check out other people's rigs to see if you like the sound.

Because the Wavelet only does 1 program at a time, I have to re-run the room correction each time I switch amps.
Only takes 15 minutes but it would be great if they had a few memory options.

For the Parasound I use XLR to the Wavelet, but the Carvers are only single ended. So I also switch cables. The Wavelet accepts both but I prefer to use XLR to RCA adapters.

The Carvers sound great with jazz, contemporary, acoustic material etc and even smooth out harsher recorded rock/hard rock.
It's a trade off that has me going back and forth all the time.
Tubes:
Warmth
Very deep stage

SS:
Very fast
Very clean

Each has their strengths and weaknesses. I guess nirvana for me would be to have warm, accurate sound with all the depth.
Lots of folks have tried tube pres, buffers etc but I don't care for any of those, so far, on my rig.

To me it's all about combo. Lots of great speakers perform poorly with some equipment and vice versa.
One of the reasons I miss the local hi-fi dealers that would let you take a piece home to audition in your room, with your equipment.
Reviews are helpful for some of the basics but in the end it's all about the sound and that is very personal.
Scott

Oppo UDP-205 * Sony VPL VW350ES * Anthem AVM60
Emotiva XPR 2 * Emotiva XPR 5 * Emotiva XPA 6 *
JTR Noesis 215RT * JTR 215RM * Paradigm Surr 3 surround * Paradigm Atoms back * RSL C34E height
Seaton SubMersive HP+ * HSU VTF-15H * Panamax M5300
simpleman68 is offline  
post #2746 of 2764 Old 10-06-2017, 11:33 AM
Member
 
simpleman68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northeast PA
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by abd1 View Post
I closed my eyes to just focus on the sound and.... WOW. I couldn't help but laugh in amazement from what I was hearing. Sound was everywhere - well beyond the boundaries of the speakers and the depth was amazing. This is an unusual track, probably not everyone's taste, but I love Justin Vernon's vocals (Bon Iver) and when I play this track with my eyes closed and I can feel the music wash over me and stress fade away. I played this for a friend who was visiting from out of town. At the end he was speechless, mouth agape and a tear in his eye. He wound up listening for 2 hours and is now shopping for a tube system back home. Anyway, the system is simple, not much to look at, but the sound is gripping.
And to me, that's what this hobby is all about.
Scott
abd1 and JA Fant like this.

Oppo UDP-205 * Sony VPL VW350ES * Anthem AVM60
Emotiva XPR 2 * Emotiva XPR 5 * Emotiva XPA 6 *
JTR Noesis 215RT * JTR 215RM * Paradigm Surr 3 surround * Paradigm Atoms back * RSL C34E height
Seaton SubMersive HP+ * HSU VTF-15H * Panamax M5300
simpleman68 is offline  
post #2747 of 2764 Old 10-06-2017, 02:00 PM
Member
 
ct221933's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Recently I updated my power/pre-amp to Job 225 and Job Pre2. Simple 2 channel set up with CD as source. No desire for a music streamer or DAC even though my kids are pestering me to get one. I have amassed a substantial CD collection, mainly Jazz, that I play consistently every week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1146.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	2293958   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1144.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	2293960   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1140.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	2293962  

Amps/Pre-Amps: Job 225, Job Pre2, Hafler 915, Hafler 9303 Transnova, Onkyo Integra P304, Onkyo Integra M-504, Rotel RC-1570
CD Player: Cambridge Audio Azur 550C CD Player, Marantz CD63 SE
Speakers: Paradigm Prestige 75F, B&W CDM 1NT, Paradigm 7se Mk 3, Tannoy DC2000
ct221933 is online now  
post #2748 of 2764 Old 10-08-2017, 08:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JA Fant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prattville AL
Posts: 1,722
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct221933 View Post
Recently I updated my power/pre-amp to Job 225 and Job Pre2. Simple 2 channel set up with CD as source. No desire for a music streamer or DAC even though my kids are pestering me to get one. I have amassed a substantial CD collection, mainly Jazz, that I play consistently every week.
Beautiful pics!
which CD player? What brand(s) of cables/power cords?

JA Fant is offline  
post #2749 of 2764 Old 10-08-2017, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JA Fant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prattville AL
Posts: 1,722
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3db View Post
Here's mine, serves me both for HT and 2 channel music....
Nice Pics!
JA Fant is offline  
post #2750 of 2764 Old 10-08-2017, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JA Fant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prattville AL
Posts: 1,722
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by abd1 View Post
I've recently made a couple changes to my system. I had been using a Peachtree Nova220se, which I'm a big fan of. However, after listening to a demo of the McIntosh MC275 tube amp with C2500 tube preamp, I knew I had try a tube system. That demo was one of the those life altering epiphany "a-ha" moments. I can't afford the McIntosh gear, but I was able to get a good deal on a demo PrimaLuna Dialogue One. I basically stream music and had been using a Peachtree Dac-Itx. I really thought the sound was exceptional, but I was curious how much more I could get with a better DAC. I researched for a while and then started reading about the Eastern Electric Minimax DAC Plus. It sounded like my kind of component - top quality performance and parts and a reasonable price. So I looked to see what used units are available and it turned out someone was selling one that was hardly used and he lived 2 miles from me! I wound up getting the dac with an upgraded tube for $400! It was meant to be! I've spent the last couple of weeks listening to it and I'm blown away. I got plenty of enjoyment from the PT DAC and I was skeptical how much better it could get, but this is clearly better - especially in the depth and width of the soundstage. It also presents more detail without sounding harsh. When I get home in the evening and have time to sit and relax I like to take a couple puffs of some nice indica and then play 4-5 songs - ultimate stress relief. The first time I got to do this with the Minimax DAC I started with the track Husks and Shells by Volcano Choir. I closed my eyes to just focus on the sound and.... WOW. I couldn't help but laugh in amazement from what I was hearing. Sound was everywhere - well beyond the boundaries of the speakers and the depth was amazing. This is an unusual track, probably not everyone's taste, but I love Justin Vernon's vocals (Bon Iver) and when I play this track with my eyes closed and I can feel the music wash over me and stress fade away. I played this for a friend who was visiting from out of town. At the end he was speechless, mouth agape and a tear in his eye. He wound up listening for 2 hours and is now shopping for a tube system back home. Anyway, the system is simple, not much to look at, but the sound is gripping.
Nice Pics!
JA Fant is offline  
post #2751 of 2764 Old 10-09-2017, 05:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JA Fant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prattville AL
Posts: 1,722
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct221933 View Post
Recently I updated my power/pre-amp to Job 225 and Job Pre2. Simple 2 channel set up with CD as source. No desire for a music streamer or DAC even though my kids are pestering me to get one. I have amassed a substantial CD collection, mainly Jazz, that I play consistently every week.
Keep me posted as you massage the Job 225 into your system. I see that you also own Onkyo "M" series separates- are you running (2) different systems?
JA Fant is offline  
post #2752 of 2764 Old 10-09-2017, 07:30 PM
Member
 
ct221933's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Fant View Post
Keep me posted as you massage the Job 225 into your system. I see that you also own Onkyo "M" series separates- are you running (2) different systems?
The Job 225 and Pre2 so far so good. Will keep you posted once it surpasses 100 hours of use.

The Onkyo Integra power and pre amp are in my mom's place in Singapore. We have them since 1987 along with the Tannoy speakers and they are still working, though nobody uses them. Looking for an economical way to ship the Onkyo amp and pre-amp to Houston. They are big and heavy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Onkyo 1.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	2295186   Click image for larger version

Name:	Onkyo 2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	750.3 KB
ID:	2295188  
Rodrigues_Brazil and JA Fant like this.

Amps/Pre-Amps: Job 225, Job Pre2, Hafler 915, Hafler 9303 Transnova, Onkyo Integra P304, Onkyo Integra M-504, Rotel RC-1570
CD Player: Cambridge Audio Azur 550C CD Player, Marantz CD63 SE
Speakers: Paradigm Prestige 75F, B&W CDM 1NT, Paradigm 7se Mk 3, Tannoy DC2000
ct221933 is online now  
post #2753 of 2764 Old 10-10-2017, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JA Fant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prattville AL
Posts: 1,722
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct221933 View Post
The Job 225 and Pre2 so far so good. Will keep you posted once it surpasses 100 hours of use.

The Onkyo Integra power and pre amp are in my mom's place in Singapore. We have them since 1987 along with the Tannoy speakers and they are still working, though nobody uses them. Looking for an economical way to ship the Onkyo amp and pre-amp to Houston. They are big and heavy.
I look forward in reading your review.
What cables/power cords are you using?
JA Fant is offline  
post #2754 of 2764 Old 10-10-2017, 12:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bluewizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,964
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1937 Post(s)
Liked: 1223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin AuBuchon View Post
Here's mine. These are corner loaded cabinets made to fit with a 15" Radian 5215Be coaxial drivers with the beryllium compression drivers . ....
Just a little side note. Once you attach Photos they are archived on the forum, once archived, you can then insert them into your post, though you CAN NOT delete the attachments from the post. If you delete attachments from the post, it assumes you want to delete them from the forum, but if you leave the atttachments, you can insert the photos inline as shown below.




Off topic but a tip worth knowing.

And let me say .... SWEEEEET!

Steve/bluewizard
bluewizard is offline  
post #2755 of 2764 Old 10-10-2017, 12:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewizard View Post
Just a little side note. Once you attach Photos they are archived on the forum, once archived, you can then insert them into your post, though you CAN NOT delete the attachments from the post. If you delete attachments from the post, it assumes you want to delete them from the forum, but if you leave the atttachments, you can insert the photos inline as shown below.




Off topic but a tip worth knowing.

And let me say .... SWEEEEET!

Steve/bluewizard
I was wondering how to do that. Thanks! I love them, best sound I've had so far.
ceptorman likes this.

HT Setup: SEOS 1099 Elusives ; 1 - Klipsch SW-110 Sub; 2 - Tannoy DC100; Panasonic 65" Plasma; Pioneer Elite SC-63
2 CH. Stereo Setup: Klipsch La Scalas (Trachorn 400 upgrade); Primaluna Prologue Premier Integrated Tube Amp; EE MiniMax DAC+; SB Touch;
Rega P1 w/ RB202 Tonearm; Rega FONO MM Phono
Justin AuBuchon is offline  
post #2756 of 2764 Old 10-10-2017, 02:53 PM
Member
 
ct221933's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Fant View Post
I look forward in reading your review.
What cables/power cords are you using?
My speaker cables are Kimber Kable 4VS bi-wired. Interconnects are Audioquest Sidewinder. Power cords for the amp and pre-amp are from Signal Cable.
JA Fant likes this.

Amps/Pre-Amps: Job 225, Job Pre2, Hafler 915, Hafler 9303 Transnova, Onkyo Integra P304, Onkyo Integra M-504, Rotel RC-1570
CD Player: Cambridge Audio Azur 550C CD Player, Marantz CD63 SE
Speakers: Paradigm Prestige 75F, B&W CDM 1NT, Paradigm 7se Mk 3, Tannoy DC2000
ct221933 is online now  
post #2757 of 2764 Old 10-10-2017, 04:30 PM
3db
AVS Forum Special Member
 
3db's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,249
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Here the pics of my secondary system. It doesn't have turntable but it does have a Yamaha KX-800U cassette deck. All my CDs have been ripped to a USB hard drive and served out by the Western Digital TV Live Plus media player.














AVR Yamaha RX-V1800/RX-V1500
Turntable/Cassette Deck ProJect Xpression III/Yamaha KX-800U
BluRay Yamaha BD-S681/Sony BDP-S360
Display Samsung UN65KU6491 65"/UN55MU7000 55"
Speakers PSB ImageT-45/Alphas Front, Image 8C/100c Ctr, Image 1B/RBH A600 Sur
Subwoofers Rythmic LV12-R
/PSB Subsonic 5
3db is offline  
post #2758 of 2764 Old 10-12-2017, 06:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dmb12679's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Plainfield IL
Posts: 1,238
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct221933 View Post
The Job 225 and Pre2 so far so good. Will keep you posted once it surpasses 100 hours of use.

The Onkyo Integra power and pre amp are in my mom's place in Singapore. We have them since 1987 along with the Tannoy speakers and they are still working, though nobody uses them. Looking for an economical way to ship the Onkyo amp and pre-amp to Houston. They are big and heavy.

Very popular amplifier. The huge meters just draw deserved attention
ct221933 likes this.

Marantz SR6010 -- Marantz MM7025 -- Marantz UD5007
Klipsch RF-7ii's - RC-64ii - RB-51ii's - RS-42ii's - R-112sw(x2)

HK990 -- HD990 -- Klipsch RF-7ii's
dmb12679 is offline  
post #2759 of 2764 Old 10-12-2017, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member
 
ceptorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indy
Posts: 904
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3db View Post
Here the pics of my secondary system. It doesn't have turntable but it does have a Yamaha KX-800U cassette deck. All my CDs have been ripped to a USB hard drive and served out by the Western Digital TV Live Plus media player.













Very nice clean room. I especially like the industrial look of the shelve.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
ceptorman is offline  
post #2760 of 2764 Old 10-13-2017, 06:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Zcars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ontario
Posts: 261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 51
I finally got the finishing touches to my stereo setup in the living room. I have an Oppo 103 which serves as CD/SACD player, connected to my NAS via ethernet, Audioengine headphone amp, Sennheiser HD 558 headphones, NAD PP2e phono preamp and Project Debut Carbon turntable all connected to a Cambridge Audio Azur 651 integrated amp. The KEF Q700s are at the far end of the room with the sitting and listening area at the other end (all I can do). The SVS SB-2000 rounds it off. When we remodelled last year, I had speaker wire run along behind the baseboards and out the far wall by each speaker so nothing visible. Down the road, the goal is to upgrade the speakers to R300s, but the sound is pretty good for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171013_091604.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	2297366   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171013_091703.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	2297368   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171013_094449.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	2297404  
ceptorman, Matt2026 and bmcn like this.

Last edited by Zcars; 10-13-2017 at 06:48 AM.
Zcars is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply 2-Channel Audio

Tags
Arcam , Auralex , B W , Denon , Emotiva Xpa 2 Stereo Power Amplifier , Infinity , Kef Ls50 2 Way Speaker System , Marantz , Mcintosh Labs , Nad , nikko , Onkyo Tx Nr807 , Pioneer , Polk Audio , Polk Audio Rti A9 Floorstanding Speaker , Psb , Rega , Sansui , Sonos , Sonus Faber , Velodyne , Vienna Acoustics

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off