Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 159 Old 06-27-2010, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekhd View Post

Sorry, I forgot one. Trolling, another usual response of those who can't debate the subject.

Do you even know what trolling means because it is pretty much exactly what YOU ARE DOING with some of those ridiculous statements you make in a thread that was suppose to be about B & W speakers but you always somehow try to hijack it back to your agenda which as you can see, less and less people care about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 159 Old 06-27-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodef View Post

Do you even know what trolling means
some of those ridiculous statements

That is exactly what you've been doing on this section of the forum for a week or so. The trash you spewed out had to be cleaned up. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=206

Quote:
in a thread that was suppose to be about B & W speakers but you always somehow try to hijack it back to your agenda which as you can see, less and less people care about.

Hijacking of thread? Take it up to jpjibberjabber.
post #93 of 159 Old 06-27-2010, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

That is exactly what you've been doing on this section of the forum for a week or so. The trash you spewed out had to be cleaned up. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=206

I've read every post that you've made on AVS - you have a penchant for poking posters in the eye with the ''rollingeyes" emoticon, then you go run and cry when someone calls you out - that's just as bad as what you claim as 'trolling'.

Your sum total of 'experience' in your posts is in posting links - do you have any actual listening experience with components? At all?

Show me YOUR data. Otherwise you're a wanker.
post #94 of 159 Old 06-27-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:

As you can see, I have been on these forums a lot longer than you have. Sure I have had disagreements with people, but guess what I'm still here so I can't be that bad. As for yourself, you seem to do nothing but po people hence all the negative responses you get. That tells me that is exactly what your looking for so your not fooling anyone.
post #95 of 159 Old 06-27-2010, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
geek are you derailing this thread?...What do you think of the 805? Have you listen to it? Do you think it is Bright or Fatiguing... other?

If you can't answer these questions, why are you here?
post #96 of 159 Old 06-27-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Tracy View Post

I've read every post that you've made on AVS - you have a penchant for poking posters in the eye with the ''rollingeyes" emoticon, then you go run and cry when someone calls you out - that's just as bad as what you claim as 'trolling'.

Your sum total of 'experience' in your posts is in posting links - do you have any actual listening experience with components? At all?

Show me YOUR data. Otherwise you're a wanker.

You mean what audio gears I own? Hmmm, another one of those. If you've read every post of mine, you would have understood what I and other members have explained about those who ask for such info.
Quote:

As you can see, I have been on these forums a lot longer than you have. Sure I have had disagreements with people, but guess what I'm still here so I can't be that bad. As for yourself, you seem to do nothing but po people hence all the negative responses you get. That tells me that is exactly what your looking for so your not fooling anyone.

I've been in Audio Related section of the forum a lot longer than you have if you want to make a deal out of the membership age. You don't seem well read on audio cable discussions despite your "a lot longer" membership. Your posts here sure reflects that during your exchange with WilliamZX11 who's been on this forum a lot longer than you.

You two, do you have anything you can tell the OP that may be helpful on finding the sound quality he is looking for?
post #97 of 159 Old 06-27-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W700guy View Post

geek are you derailing this thread?...What do you think of the 805? Have you listen to it? Do you think it is Bright or Fatiguing... other?

If you can't answer these questions, why are you here?

I'm waiting for you to answer my questions.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post18829869
post #98 of 159 Old 06-27-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:

I've been in Audio Related section of the forum a lot longer than you have if you want to make a deal out of the membership age. You don't seem well read on audio cable discussions despite your "a lot longer" membership. Your posts here sure reflects that during your exchange with WilliamZX11 who's been on this forum a lot longer than you.

You two, do you have anything you can tell the OP that may be helpful on finding the sound quality he is looking for?

I acquired my first Hi-fi system ( as in my own ) when I was 14 years old. I am now in my mid 50's and during that span I have had and listened to many systems. Unlike you, I make my ears be the final judge on what I'm hearing and the likes and dislikes associated with such equipment in this fun hobby of ours. It has gotten me this far fine and don't plan on changing my ways anytime soon, but having you tell me and others like me that we don't know what were talking about because your papers say otherwise is not only laughable but speaks loudly on why your really here and that my friend is not to help people out but rather to proclaim that your way is right and everyone else is wrong because you know better. So all I have to say to that is %$*#^@, well you get the picture, than again maybe not.

PS: Oh and my advice to the OP would be to trust his ears!
post #99 of 159 Old 06-27-2010, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm waiting for you to answer my questions.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post18829869

As usual, you are a nut. You don't have anything relevant to say about the 805, You are trying to hijack this thread. I asked you a simple question (well before your tagged question to me,) and you don’t answer it. You are a hater and a troll. This is the same BS you spouted on the sub discussion and others. You have no application experiences, you are a bore

As usual, I pity you.
post #100 of 159 Old 06-27-2010, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

WTF does that have to do with anything! The majority of you posts are filled with Miss-application and inane dribble?

Quote:

do you have anything you can tell the OP that may be helpful on finding the sound quality he is looking for?

Again, WTF! You have brought nothing to the table on the 805! You should get off your AS$ and take your graphs out and listen to the speakers you are commenting on
post #101 of 159 Old 06-27-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:

I make my ears be the final judge on what I'm hearing and the likes and dislikes associated with such equipment

So do I.
Quote:

but having you tell me and others like me that we don't know what were talking about because your papers say otherwise is not only laughable

No amount of laughing will change what you've shown on the page linked, which is, you don't know how to extract objective data when comparing cables. All you've got is your subjective opinion which is fine for your own consumption. Just don't get it mixed up with objective information.

Just because you've been in this hobby longer than some or registered on this forum earlier than so and so doesn't turn your personal opinion into facts. You want to change it? Back it up with evidence.

Quote:

but speaks loudly on why your really here and that my friend is not to help people out but rather to proclaim that your way is right and everyone else is wrong because you know better. So all I have to say to that is %$*#^@, well you get the picture, than again maybe not.

That's one thing you've been doing a lot on this section of the forum, trash talking. You don't have to stay if this section doesn't please you.
post #102 of 159 Old 06-27-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:

So do I.

No amount of laughing will change what you've shown on the page linked, which is, you don't know how to extract objective data when comparing cables. All you've got is your subjective opinion which is fine for your own consumption. Just don't get it mixed up with objective information.

Just because you've been in this hobby longer than some or registered on this forum earlier than so and so doesn't turn your personal opinion into facts. You want to change it? Back it up with evidence.

That's one thing you've been doing a lot on this section of the forum, trash talking. You don't have to stay if this section doesn't please you.

Everything I said is fact, you just don't want to except it and I really don't care if you do. If you want to take that as trash talking, then guilty as charged.

I'm not going anywhere so deal with it, besides there are plenty of others on here who know what they are talking about and enjoy listening to their opinions, again unlike yourself.
post #103 of 159 Old 06-27-2010, 06:07 PM

Liked: 13
geek, I think you need to take a break for awhile. As you so eloquently put it: “It would also be necessary to experience the relationship between the measurements and spec vs real world performance for personal understanding of it.” I suggest spending some time getting some experience with audio equipment and then when you have personal understanding of it, your posts will be more informed.
post #104 of 159 Old 06-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 294
Cool it guys...

Mike Lang
Administrator
Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Join the AVS Club and help support the site. Help Support AVS Forum Sponsors.
post #105 of 159 Old 06-27-2010, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbuoni View Post

I think you need to take a break for awhile. As you so eloquently put it: “It would also be necessary to experience the relationship between the measurements and spec vs real world performance for personal understanding of it.” I suggest spending some time getting some experience with audio equipment and then when you have personal understanding of it, your posts will be more informed.

+1. I haven't ever seen this guy comment on the SOUND of the any piece of gear, mjbuoni.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein

Volunteer Moderator for the Chase Home Theater forum

post #106 of 159 Old 06-28-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:

I suggest spending some time getting some experience with audio equipment and then when you have personal understanding of it, your posts will be more informed.

Good to know that someone informed you about the importance this. This forum does serve its purpose from time to time despite barrage of Kool-Aid drinking posters.
Quote:

Overall, I feel I have benefited from these discussions

post #107 of 159 Old 06-28-2010, 12:26 PM

For the original poster, have you had a chance to audition any other loudspeakers as of yet?
post #108 of 159 Old 06-28-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:

Sorry, I forgot one. Trolling, another usual response of those who can't debate the subject.

Since I don't hold up a spec sheet in front of my face in a quiet room while saying "damn, that sounds good", I would recommend you re-evaluate your position.

Where you're confused is that there is no debate. Sound quality with an assembled system, in the listener's room with their media is what counts. It requires swapping equipment and discovering effective combinations of gear to determine how these (audiophile word coming up) synergies add up.

I do understand though that it's easier to throw up a graph that (on the surface) supports your position rather than investing the time to find out these permutations and discover what works well. The problem is, you and I aren't even having the same conversation.
post #109 of 159 Old 06-28-2010, 05:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 29
We listening and enjoy music OFF LINE. If you are posting online then whatever you do in the dark is none of our business (I still think listening in the dark is a very, very weird thing to do )...we do not want to know about any of it!

if people are going to debate online then they better get some science, specs and measurement knowledge because subjective opinion alone can doesnt get a seat at the debate table period! Subjective opinion (without any data) to me might as well come from a 3 year old since it has the same amount of imagination most times.

It is not "open-minded" to reject knowledge - Bob Lee
post #110 of 159 Old 06-28-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpjibberjabber View Post

investing the time to find out these permutations and discover what works well.

What defines working well in sound reproduction system?
post #111 of 159 Old 06-28-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray View Post

We listening and enjoy music OFF LINE. If you are posting online then whatever you do in the dark is none of our business (I still think listening in the dark is a very, very weird thing to do )...we do not want to know about any of it!

Not sure where you're going there, and I kinda doubt you do either...

Quote:
if people are going to debate online then they better get some science, specs and measurement knowledge because subjective opinion alone can doesnt get a seat at the debate table period!

Like I said, who's debating? You can listen and learn or keep playing with your charts. You need to respect experience and true, real-life knowledge.

You know I find it interesting Penn that you, as a speaker builder, would be so against listening vs white paper ogling. Probably however, you enjoy the process of building the speaker more than listening to it.

Quote:
Subjective opinion (without any data) to me might as well come from a 3 year old since it has the same amount of imagination most times.

Might have some subjective elements, but it's hardly opinion.
post #112 of 159 Old 06-28-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:

What defines working well in sound reproduction system?

Before this thread was hijacked off, we were discussing B&W's perceived "brightness." Working well would be to alter one's components upstream to mitigate this without damaging the other elements the speaker does well.

Waiting for the line graph from Stereophile's 1998 archives...
post #113 of 159 Old 06-28-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:

You need to respect experience and true, real-life knowledge.

Do you mean opinion?
post #114 of 159 Old 06-28-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:

if people are going to debate online then they better get some science, specs and measurement knowledge because subjective opinion alone can doesnt get a seat at the debate table period! Subjective opinion (without any data) to me might as well come from a 3 year old since it has the same amount of imagination most times.

What your saying in regards to imagination can certainly be applied to yourself. It is no different than us using our ears to determine differences and you using a graph to determine differences. Case in point, your letting the graph tell you the sound is good because all the measurements are right regardless of how it really sounds. That is imagination folks which you seem just as guilty of that you accuse other people of doing that don't tow your line, so you better stop knocking the 3 year olds because they might outwit you at your own game.
post #115 of 159 Old 06-28-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:

we were discussing B&W's perceived "brightness." Working well would be to alter one's components upstream to mitigate this without damaging the other elements the speaker does well.

You mean one's own preference? Have you not read what I posted about picking one's preference?
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...2&postcount=80
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=101

By the way, you may have something to tell B&W700guy about altering one's components upstream. VV
Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W700guy View Post

I would blame this more on the room then ANY speaker

Quote:

Not insulting?
post #116 of 159 Old 06-28-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:

It is no different than us using our ears to determine differences

Not just ears but brain, sight and the interaction between all of them. It's called "perception" for short. Sound measuring equipments don't behave that way though.
post #117 of 159 Old 06-28-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:

Not just ears but brain, sight and the interaction between all of them. It's called "perception" for short. Sound measuring equipments don't behave that way though.

No kidding, that is why you have to use your ears!
post #118 of 159 Old 06-28-2010, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

(I still think listening in the dark is a very, very weird thing to do )

I think it is a blast! I can do it for hours at a time. Many people have joined me in my listening sessions. You're missing out, Penn.

Quote:

We listening and enjoy music OFF LINE. If you are posting online then whatever you do in the dark is none of our business...we do not want to know about any of it!

I didn't see anyone bring it up until you did. What are you trying to imply?

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein

post #119 of 159 Old 06-28-2010, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What your saying in regards to imagination can certainly be applied to yourself. It is no different than us using our ears to determine differences and you using a graph to determine differences. Case in point, your letting the graph tell you the sound is good because all the measurements are right regardless of how it really sounds. That is imagination folks which you seem just as guilty of that you accuse other people of doing that don't tow your line, so you better stop knocking the 3 year olds because they might outwit you at your own game.

Are you suggesting that the objectivists look at graphs that please them, then listen to this reviewed and/or measured gear under the spell of expectation bias?

Heh.

post #120 of 159 Old 06-28-2010, 11:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Not insulting?

You find that insulting? How do you reconcile that with this?

Quote:

You didn't get "shot" because you expressed your opinion. Members simply asked you for some evidence, you know, to engage a debate. If that constitutes getting "shot" to you then the internet forum activity is not for you.

Quote:

That's your opinion. There are many who post kind of things that Ed posted. Other members responded based on the content of his post (not based on his physical or financial status) which is the way it should be. Do you think that's wrong? If you think so, the internet forum is not for you.

Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page