2-Channel Analog Interconnects/Speaker Cables - Page 38 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1111 of 1116 Old 06-18-2010, 09:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Jabber, without getting more into the specifics, which are important, it's not possible to offer any comments regarding what was done.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1112 of 1116 Old 06-18-2010, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

Jabber, without getting more into the specifics, which are important, it's not possible to offer any comments regarding what was done.

You really believe he can't remember whether or not it was an ABX test? Just more of his dishonesty.
post #1113 of 1116 Old 06-18-2010, 09:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpjibberjabber View Post

I usually respond to insulting and condescending comments from certain members of the crowd. At least Chu (in this instance) asked reasonable questions without apparent agenda, and he got a reasonable set of answers.

Chu is just playing along, he realizes you are very passive aggressive so to get any sort of discussion he realizes he has to bend over backwards and trust me his line of questions here is obvious enough in telling me he is just patronizing your fragile audiophile ego

It is not "open-minded" to reject knowledge - Bob Lee
post #1114 of 1116 Old 06-18-2010, 10:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamZX11 View Post

You really believe he can't remember whether or not it was an ABX test? Just more of his dishonesty.

Maybe he can speak to someone who was on the panel and get them to maybe post here. Without some hard data, even on a preference test, statistical analysis can't be applied to examine it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray View Post

Chu is just playing along, he realizes you are very passive aggressive so to get any sort of discussion he realizes he has to bend over backwards and trust me his line of questions here is obvious enough in telling me he is just patronizing your fragile audiophile ego

Whenever someone has done some work, and this sounds like it was a fair amount of work done over a period of time, I like to look at the conclusions in light of the data acquired. I'm not patronizing him but was looking for more specifics. That's all.

BTW, Penn, did you ever follow up on that cable resource I PM'd you on for sample?

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #1115 of 1116 Old 06-18-2010, 12:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
He has been very vague and your kid gloves appoarch is interesting. If his history tells me anything its that he isnt interested in real discussion. I can be wrong so good luck.

btw, I did a little research on your PM link and I couldnt figure out the angle/position I wanted to use when talking to them. I also think I have my choices down. Just waiting on one more PM.

It is not "open-minded" to reject knowledge - Bob Lee
post #1116 of 1116 Old 06-18-2010, 02:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray View Post

He has been very vague and your kid gloves appoarch is interesting. If his history tells me anything its that he isnt interested in real discussion. I can be wrong so good luck.

If that's all there is, there's nothing further to discuss.

Quote:

btw, I did a little research on your PM link and I couldnt figure out the angle/position I wanted to use when talking to them. I also think I have my choices down. Just waiting on one more PM.

I'd take the approach that you're a custom wire seller and you're looking for unique products to evaluate. They should be able to connect you to a person who works in the boutique, audiophile, area of the company and you can take it from there. Just give some thought before hand as to what sort of wires or cables you want to investigate as well as lengths. Just be reasonable. While you're at it, check out their line of low noise microphone (carbon impregnated I think) cables. Made in the good old USA.

Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page