Headphone Audiophiles - Page 15 - AVS Forum
First ... 13  14  15 16  17  ... Last
2-Channel Audio > Headphone Audiophiles
OtherSongs's Avatar OtherSongs 08:17 PM 08-12-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post
I decided to get a pair of headphones and ordered the HD598 last month. I was going to use them with my Oppo BDP-83 and Carver Receiver (80's vintage integrated) headphone jack. Unfortunately, the bass was horribly bloated. Then I tried them out with the headphone jack of my Pioneer Elite AVR (SC-25) and they sounded good (if a little bright for my tastes).

So I ordered the HD650. Carver bass problem mostly solved - but still a little loose. They sound good with many of my discs but with some recordings, they sound muddy and dark (Diana Krall albums for example I can't hear the wire brush strokes, rim shots, and high hat taps).

I decided to try out an amp to see if that would clear them up. I ordered a Schiit Audio Asgard. The amp did tighten up the bass a little but it did nothing for the high freqs.

I haven't seen this talked about anywhere (here or head-fi), but it seems to me that there is a wide variation in the frequency response of different recordings. Some albums sound bloomy and muffled on the 650 and other albums sound lean and bright (have you ever listened to Dire Straits, "Brothers in Arms" SACD? I can't imagine any amp/headphone taming that shrill beast!). What I'm thinking about is finding a nice integrated receiver or amp that has a good headphone stage and tone controls (Heresy, I know!). Does this even exist? What do you do when you listen to an album and the mastering just doesn't sound right?
There is no perfect solution. A pre or AVR or integrated amp that has tone controls may work; more often it further screws up the sound. But I'm told that there are a few units out there that don't, good luck finding one.

One thing to try (for a CD that you like) is buy a different pressing of it. Since you live in USA, that'd be an "import"

Quote:
I figure that if I basically like the sound of the 598s driven from my Pioneer AVR, shouldn't a higher-end stereo receiver from NAD or Yamaha provide even better analog sound?
Maybe. The most meaningful learning experience is to spend big bucks, plug it in and listen, and be disappointed. Go slow.

Quote:
That and the flexibility of being able to trim the frequency response from album to album if needed should be a great "mid-fi solution, right? And If I choose the 650 (or another higher-end headphone), it can grow with me as I upgrade.

Believe me, I really want to like the HD650 and I'd love to buy a sweet Burson or Woo amp and make them sing. But I'm afraid that even if I do, they will still only sound great with 1/3 of my music collection.

I listen to CDs, SACDs, and DVD-A discs mostly. I'm not into FLAC or computer audio yet, but I'm open to broadening my horizons.
I use my headphones (Senn 650 and 595) with my desktop PC's (.flac files) via a Nuforce Icon HDP dac/amp. Small footprint on my desktop and easy to use.

BTW while the 650's have the better sound the 595's are easier to wear and still good enough in SQ that it's an interesting tradeoff (wearability) that doesn't get discussed enough. The 650's are also one of 4 or 5 headphones that Stereophile lists as class A (top class). Each of them is different, none of them is perfect.

Even if you aren't demanding, there is no perfect headphone nor any other piece of home hifi gear.

I haven't gotten around to setting up headphones for use with SACD and DVD-A discs, but am giving serious thought to doing what glangford did with getting a Cute Beyond.

palmfish's Avatar palmfish 10:08 PM 08-12-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherSongs View Post

There is no perfect solution. A pre or AVR or integrated amp that has tone controls may work; more often it further screws up the sound. But I'm told that there are a few units out there that don't, good luck finding one.

Yes, that's the fun and frustrating part of this hobby...

Quote:

One thing to try (for a CD that you like) is buy a different pressing of it. Since you live in USA, that'd be an "import"

I have done this for several of my favorite albums (Dark Side of the Moon, Turn of a Friendly Card, Tubular Bells, and a few others). Many of my albums sound fine with loudspeakers. It's a headphone thing for me - they are too revealing. Are there albums that you own but don't listen too because they don't sound good?

Quote:

Maybe. The most meaningful learning experience is to spend big bucks, plug it in and listen, and be disappointed. Go slow.

Yup, been there, done that. Pretty much my entire adult life!

Quote:

I use my headphones (Senn 650 and 595) with my desktop PC's (.flac files) via a Nuforce Icon HDP dac/amp. Small footprint on my desktop and easy to use.

Hmmm, I may have to revisit the Icon HDP. I actually tried the Icon HD once and remember liking it, but I didn't buy it because it doesn't have analog inputs.

Quote:

Even if you aren't demanding, there is no perfect headphone nor any other piece of home hifi gear.

I know I'm just along for the ride...
neverfaithful's Avatar neverfaithful 12:15 AM 08-13-2011
Quote:

I just finished reading through this entire thread. Very helpful! I've enjoyed following "glangford's" progress especially. Also, nice to see you here "neverfaithful!"

I decided to get a pair of headphones and ordered the HD598 last month. I was going to use them with my Oppo BDP-83 and Carver Receiver (80's vintage integrated) headphone jack. Unfortunately, the bass was horribly bloated. Then I tried them out with the headphone jack of my Pioneer Elite AVR (SC-25) and they sounded good (if a little bright for my tastes).

So I ordered the HD650. Carver bass problem mostly solved - but still a little loose. They sound good with many of my discs but with some recordings, they sound muddy and dark (Diana Krall albums for example I can't hear the wire brush strokes, rim shots, and high hat taps).

I decided to try out an amp to see if that would clear them up. I ordered a Schiit Audio Asgard. The amp did tighten up the bass a little but it did nothing for the high freqs.

I haven't seen this talked about anywhere (here or head-fi), but it seems to me that there is a wide variation in the frequency response of different recordings. Some albums sound bloomy and muffled on the 650 and other albums sound lean and bright (have you ever listened to Dire Straits, "Brothers in Arms" SACD? I can't imagine any amp/headphone taming that shrill beast!). What I'm thinking about is finding a nice integrated receiver or amp that has a good headphone stage and tone controls (Heresy, I know!). Does this even exist? What do you do when you listen to an album and the mastering just doesn't sound right?

Hi thanks for the welcome.

Ok, well while I was downtown Manhattan the other day working I stopped by JR World and went to test drive the HD650 and the HD598. I could tell a big difference in the build quality between the two immediately. The 650 felt more solid than the 598. The 598 felt very cheap and plasticy. I decided to try on the 598 first and it felt good with the velour ear pads I can compare it to a Corvette. I then took them off and tried on the 650 and OMG wow, there was a huge difference, it felt more like sitting in a Rolls Royce because it was so soft and plushy. I think that alone would make me buy the 650s. I know you 650 owners feel good when you put on your HPs, right? You know what I am talking about.You all probably shaking your heads yes and smiling as you read this.

Anyway, the bass was pretty good on both sets. I kept switching between the two and that is what I noticed. I do not know what source they were using, I am sure a bad one. I do know that the 650 felt so good on my ears. At this point I think I am going to go with the 650 and grow with them. I just bought the Bose QC15 which I needed personally for noise cancelling and they are great for that. But the plush feeling when putting on those 650s was like heaven, they just make your ears sink in them like there being cuddled.
glangford's Avatar glangford 05:58 AM 08-13-2011
Quote:

Got a link for the guy on ebay?

Also what is the Canare wire number? Is it a simple zip (2 parallel wires) type wire or something more complex?

If you do a google on custom headphone extension, you'll get to this. From there you can go to his ebay store and see all his cables..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Canare-He...#ht_720wt_1165

From the description:

"You're looking at a 10' Headphone extension cable using Canare L-4E6S star quad cable and Neutrik Male & Female 1/4" Gold contact connectors. The Connector boots are also color matching. I can make these in any of the following colors: Black, Brown, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, or Purple. Pictured is a cable made with Red CONNECTORS. The 1/4" Connectors are Neutrik NJ3FC6-B & NP3X-B. I make these cables myself in the USA."
alebonau's Avatar alebonau 06:16 AM 08-13-2011
seems like interesting headphone amp here from ortofon,

http://www.carltonaudiovisual.com.au/?q=node/view/1523

anyone with any experience with it ?
swifty7's Avatar swifty7 06:19 AM 08-13-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post

do your self a HUGE favor and don't listen to anything else. I "loved" my Grado SR-80 plugged into an Auzentech X-Meridian. That didn't last too long.

The HifiMan HE-6 I presume? Those are probably the only expensive can I really enjoy with the exception of a prototype Stax SR-009 I heard at a recent meetup. They are the silver ones below and no way would I spend over $5000 on them. As for those HD800 I find they are very picky in terms of what powers them and because of that I don't like really care for them. Plus they really lack bass.

Since this thread has gotten kind of active I'll post up some photos of some of the sickest headphones I've had the pleasure of listening to.

You guys can play a guessing game as to what some of them are...hint there's an Orpheus hidden in one of these photos.

Good God!! do you own that setup or you're just auditioning them?

as far as my aging Sennhiser hd555 goes, I decided to buy new cans for myself which is the Senn Hd 598(Amazon reduced price). I did a bunch of research on it and read many reviews and forums. I also own the Audio Technica ATH-AD700.....big mistake. I loathe those cans. I can't wait for my new cans to arrive. What I love about Amazon is that if for whatever reason I don't like my purchase, I can easily return it without no fuss.

that rig and headphones are beyond sick!!!!
OtherSongs's Avatar OtherSongs 08:14 AM 08-13-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by glangford View Post

If you do a google on custom headphone extension, you'll get to this. From there you can go to his ebay store and see all his cables..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Canare-He...#ht_720wt_1165

From the description:

"You're looking at a 10' Headphone extension cable using Canare L-4E6S star quad cable and Neutrik Male & Female 1/4" Gold contact connectors. The Connector boots are also color matching. I can make these in any of the following colors: Black, Brown, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, or Purple. Pictured is a cable made with Red CONNECTORS. The 1/4" Connectors are Neutrik NJ3FC6-B & NP3X-B. I make these cables myself in the USA."

It's a microphone cable, nothing wrong with that. 21 gauge per connector, $.51/foot at: http://www.markertek.com/Cables/Bulk...ml?L-4E6S%20BE

Good connectors, good cable, with any decent soldering (crimp?) good value for a finished product.
OtherSongs's Avatar OtherSongs 08:28 AM 08-13-2011
Quote:

I have done this for several of my favorite albums (Dark Side of the Moon, Turn of a Friendly Card, Tubular Bells, and a few others). Many of my albums sound fine with loudspeakers. It's a headphone thing for me - they are too revealing. Are there albums that you own but don't listen too because they don't sound good?

Yes, I have more than a few CD's that I don't like.

With the CD's that I've now ripped to my PC, I'm actually going through a slow (and often enjoyable) evaluation process, and plan to get rid of the CD's that I really don't like and set aside the marginal ones for possible further evaluation in the future when I make further changes to my equipment.

Quote:

Hmmm, I may have to revisit the Icon HDP. I actually tried the Icon HD once and remember liking it, but I didn't buy it because it doesn't have analog inputs.

As you likely know, the HDP has a front input knob for RCA/analog or digital/S/PDIF(either coax or Toslink but only one at the same time) or USB. So it turns out that I'm already set for using RCA from a standalone player for SACD discs, and don't need a Cute Beyond for that.
glangford's Avatar glangford 09:21 AM 08-13-2011
Quote:

As you likely know, the HDP has a front input knob for RCA/analog or digital/S/PDIF(either coax or Toslink but only one at the same time) or USB. So it turns out that I'm already set for using RCA from a standalone player for SACD discs, and don't need a Cute Beyond for that.

HDP was on my short list as well. With the Oppo, I felt I didn't need the dac, so I went cute beyond.
Nosferatu's Avatar Nosferatu 09:55 AM 08-13-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

Yes I did get that list from Jose.

Your pictures have some of Jose gears in them, like the WA5LE.

Here is a picture of my newest amp.

Those pictures are multiple individual's setups. I went to a head-fi meet a few months back to listen to a bunch of different headphones.

Only picture in that setup of my headphones is the Denon's sitting next to the Grado GS-1000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post

Good God!! do you own that setup or you're just auditioning them

auditioning them lol

It's a nice perspective to hear the high end cans with high end dac/amp/sources.
sillysally's Avatar sillysally 07:16 PM 08-14-2011
Quote:

I just finished reading through this entire thread. Very helpful! I've enjoyed following "glangford's" progress especially. Also, nice to see you here "neverfaithful!"

I figure that if I basically like the sound of the 598s driven from my Pioneer AVR, shouldn't a higher-end stereo receiver from NAD or Yamaha provide even better analog sound? That and the flexibility of being able to trim the frequency response from album to album if needed should be a great "mid-fi solution, right? And If I choose the 650 (or another higher-end headphone), it can grow with me as I upgrade.

Believe me, I really want to like the HD650 and I'd love to buy a sweet Burson or Woo amp and make them sing. But I'm afraid that even if I do, they will still only sound great with 1/3 of my music collection.

I listen to CDs, SACDs, and DVD-A discs mostly. I'm not into FLAC or computer audio yet, but I'm open to broadening my horizons.

First there are no AVR's that I know of that will come close to a real very good headphone amp.

Yes there are headphones/Amp/Dac that will make your Dire Straits, "Brothers in Arms" SACD sound like something you have never heard before, without the shrill beast. This SACD is very well mastered, so a high end neutral headphone rig will sound wonderful.

An Amp like the Woo or Burson will start to to help but unless you go to the WA5LE (with the right tubes) you still will hear things you don't like.

Most any of the headphone gear that is being talked about in this thread is not anywhere close to being high end. So therefore there is a lot of compromise for the user in what they are willing to except.

An excellent bet if you are really serious about wanting it all, is a new Hybrid amp called the "Liquid Fire" and this pairs very well with the HE6 headphone and other headphones.
However you still have one weak link and that is your Oppo BDP-83, you would need to go to the Oppo BDP-95 or better still stay with your BDP-83 and use the coaxial or Toslink or maybe the USB port, anything that is digital output from the BDP-83 (bypassing its DAC) and get a W4S DAC 1 with upgraded caps or the W4S DAC 2. imo this setup will give you everything you could ask for in 2Ch headphone AQ.

ss
palmfish's Avatar palmfish 07:32 PM 08-14-2011
Hi SillySally - I was hoping you would chime in!

I have heard of the HE6 and someone on the other website also recommend I check out the LCD-2. I am going to a meet next weekend and hope to get more enlightened and actually hear a variety of combinations so I can narrow things down.

I've also buried face in my computer screen reading about the Peachtree Audio iNova and the Creek Audio 5350. I've definitely decided to get rid of my Carver receiver and upgrade my 2-channel system, so if I can find a higher-end integrated amp that has the bonus of a high quality headphone stage, I may yet go this route.

I could always add a separate headphone amp later...

I will definitely look into the Liquid Fire amp you mentioned.

Thanks for your thoughts!
coolsax's Avatar coolsax 08:28 PM 08-14-2011
be aware I believe both the HE-6 and LCD-2 need some pretty hefty head amps to be driven well.. heck you can even hook the HE 6 up to a speaker amp that doesn't have too many watts. the LCD i think is a little easier to drive. both are only 50ohm impedance but they have fair low sensitivity ratings.
sillysally's Avatar sillysally 09:19 PM 08-14-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsax View Post

be aware I believe both the HE-6 and LCD-2 need some pretty hefty head amps to be driven well.. heck you can even hook the HE 6 up to a speaker amp that doesn't have too many watts. the LCD i think is a little easier to drive. both are only 50ohm impedance but they have fair low sensitivity ratings.

Yes the HE6 is the hardest ortho headphone to drive. The LCD2 as you said is more efficient ortho headphone than the HE6 but still needs a very strong headphone amp to properly drive the LCD2.
And yes you can use the speaker taps on a speaker amp but you may need to add resistors to those speaker taps to lower the Wattage so you don't blow your headphones out.

ss
Nosferatu's Avatar Nosferatu 11:03 PM 08-14-2011
while the LCD-2 is not too hard to drive (at least not with my amp) I did have issues with the HE-6. It played to an acceptable volume but if I wanted to go louder it just wasn't there lol.

They definitely need some juice to run. I have about 1.8 watts of power at 50ohm which is what they rate the HE6 at and I had issues.
palmfish's Avatar palmfish 07:24 AM 08-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post

while the LCD-2 is not too hard to drive (at least not with my amp) I did have issues with the HE-6. It played to an acceptable volume but if I wanted to go louder it just wasn't there lol.

They definitely need some juice to run. I have about 1.8 watts of power at 50ohm which is what they rate the HE6 at and I had issues.

What amp are you using that's sufficient?

I looked into the Cavalli Liquid Fire and, , I won't be spending that kind of money on a headamp any time soon!
Nosferatu's Avatar Nosferatu 09:03 AM 08-15-2011
Quote:

What amp are you using that's sufficient?

I looked into the Cavalli Liquid Fire and, , I won't be spending that kind of money on a headamp any time soon!

I don't have a "sufficient" amp for the HE-6 but it drove the LCD-2 fine that I demo'ed out. It's an Audio-GD FUN (Version A). From the website this is what it can drive.

3500mW/25 ohm
900mW/100 ohm
300mW/300 ohm
150mW/600 ohm

So I basically deduced that it's around 1750mW (just under 1.8W) at 50 ohm.
palmfish's Avatar palmfish 09:40 AM 08-15-2011
I've read good things about the FUN.

Also, I'm planning on visiting a local dealer today to audition the Peachtree Audio Nova. On paper, it's just what I'm looking for (except it's pricey and has no phono input).
palmfish's Avatar palmfish 03:22 PM 08-19-2011
I got to audition a bunch of the gear I was considering this week. Peachteee Audio Nova and iDecco, Audeze LCD-2 (rev2), Sennheiser HD800, Grado GS-1000i, Cambridge Audio Azur 650A, NAD C356BEE, Marantz PM5004.

It's been a long sometimes painful process but I'll skip to the highlights...

I loved the LCD-2 and HD800. But while listening to them, I couldn't help but think about how much they remind me of the HD600 (a little leaner and brighter than the 650).

I fell in love with the Peachtree Audio Nova. The Marantz was surprisingly very close sound-wise, but I just love the sound, design, build quality, and features (inputs, DAC, tube, etc.) of the Nova. I spoke with David Solomon today about maybe ordering a factory refurbished Nova for $999. He was very helpful and answered all of my questions about quality control (they are fully inspected and tested) and warranty support (yes, they're fully warranted).

So today, I shipped the HD650's back to the store and decided to keep the HD600's. Then I ordered the Peachtree Nova. Since I live in WA, sales tax brings the price of a refurb within $100 of a new one, and since I want Rosewood (which isn't available in refurb), I ordered a new one from Amazon.com instead. I also picked up a Musical Fidelity v-lps phono preamp to keep my vinyl spinning.

Finally, on a lark, I went to Crutchfield and ordered a Logitech Squeezebox Touch because I can't stand the thought of letting the Nova's digital inputs and Sabre DAC go to waste!
OtherSongs's Avatar OtherSongs 08:35 PM 08-19-2011
Quote:

I loved the LCD-2 and HD800. But while listening to them, I couldn't help but think about how much they remind me of the HD600 (a little leaner and brighter than the 650).

I fell in love with the Peachtree Audio Nova. The Marantz was surprisingly very close sound-wise, but I just love the sound, design, build quality, and features (inputs, DAC, tube, etc.) of the Nova. I spoke with David Solomon today about maybe ordering a factory refurbished Nova for $999. He was very helpful and answered all of my questions about quality control (they are fully inspected and tested) and warranty support (yes, they're fully warranted).

So today, I shipped the HD650's back to the store and decided to keep the HD600's.

IMO and from what I've seen on Sennheiser HD600 vs HD650 it's close to flip a coin, and both are in Stereophile's class A list for headphones.

Quote:

Then I ordered the Peachtree Nova. Since I live in WA, sales tax brings the price of a refurb within $100 of a new one, and since I want Rosewood (which isn't available in refurb), I ordered a new one from Amazon.com instead. I also picked up a Musical Fidelity v-lps phono preamp to keep my vinyl spinning.

Another good choice. There's a long positive thread on the Peachtree Nova in this 2 channel forum. I considered one for myself, but it's footprint is too big for a desktop unit with my PC.
SID3W8Z's Avatar SID3W8Z 10:49 PM 08-19-2011
Quote:
I fell in love with the Peachtree Audio Nova. The Marantz was surprisingly very close sound-wise, but I just love the sound, design, build quality, and features (inputs, DAC, tube, etc.) of the Nova.
I've been looking at these as well. What made you decide to go with the Nova over the iDecco? I'm swinging toward the iDecco myself.
palmfish's Avatar palmfish 07:31 PM 08-20-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SID3W8Z View Post

I've been looking at these as well. What made you decide to go with the Nova over the iDecco? I'm swinging toward the iDecco myself.

3 things.

1. I wanted the extra power of the Nova amp since I plan on listening to my speakers in my living room, which is a medium-large room with high ceilings.

2. I will never use an iPod as a source (i ordered a Sqeezebox Touch), so having the dock on top is a waste for me. I didn't want to pay for something I won't use.

3. The iDecco only has one analog input and I have a cassette deck, turntable, and SACD player.
SID3W8Z's Avatar SID3W8Z 07:57 PM 08-20-2011
Quote:

3 things.

1. I wanted the extra power of the Nova amp since I plan on listening to my speakers in my living room, which is a medium-large room with high ceilings.

2. I will never use an iPod as a source (i ordered a Sqeezebox Touch), so having the dock on top is a waste for me. I didn't want to pay for something I won't use.

3. The iDecco only has one analog input and I have a cassette deck, turntable, and SACD player.

Very valid points. I have an iPod full of ALAC files (as well as a laptop full), though... Since I use an Airport Express, I could probably forgo the dock too.
palmfish's Avatar palmfish 08:31 PM 08-20-2011
Quote:

Very valid points. I have an iPod full of ALAC files (as well as a laptop full), though... Since I use an Airport Express, I could probably forgo the dock too.

Yes, in your case, it makes more sense. Although the Airport Express or Squeezebox Touch is much better than plugging in your iPod to a dock. Docks are so 20th century...
SID3W8Z's Avatar SID3W8Z 08:38 PM 08-20-2011
Quote:

Someone on another forum also once pointed out that the port is vulnerable to damage and Apple may not use that connector forever as formats/technology changes.

I don't have any hi-rez computer music yet and no streaming capability. Looking at it from ground zero, the $250 Squeezebox Touch is a much more robust system than the iPod.

I don't know much about the squeezebox, but I stream from my Mac to the Express and use my iPad as a remote...works great! So, I'll probably stick to that for now...though I will take a harder look at the Nova over the iDecco now.
palmfish's Avatar palmfish 09:02 PM 08-20-2011
Quote:

I don't know much about the squeezebox, but I stream from my Mac to the Express and use my iPad as a remote...works great! So, I'll probably stick to that for now...though I will take a harder look at the Nova over the iDecco now.

The Squeezebox is a stand-alone wi-fi streaming device similar to the Airport Express. I like it because it doesn't require iTunes (I don't like the way iTunes manages my music) and it also has USB and SD Card slots to plug an external drive right in.

I have a 1TB Western Digital Drive that I plan to use to rip all my music to FLAC or WAV. I could stream from my PC and use the HDD for archive only, or use the HDD plugged directly into the Squeezebox so I don't need to keep my PC on to listen to streaming music.

Have you looked at the Decco2? Since you don't care about the dock, it's basically a Nova but with 1/2 the amp power and 5 inputs (1 optical, 1 coax, 1 USB, 2 analog) instead of 8. It's $400 less than the Nova.
pbarach's Avatar pbarach 06:05 PM 10-15-2011
I just bought a Burson HA160 amp for my AKG Q702s. Big improvement over the Headroom MicroAmp. There is much more sense of ambience in recordings that have ambience Much less congested midrange and less grainy strings in classical recordings. The bass may be a little more solid, but I'm less sure of that than of the other improvements I've mentioned.
SID3W8Z's Avatar SID3W8Z 06:57 PM 10-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post

I just bought a Burson HA160 amp for my AKG Q702s. Big improvement over the Headroom MicroAmp. There is much more sense of ambience in recordings that have ambience Much less congested midrange and less grainy strings in classical recordings. The bass may be a little more solid, but I'm less sure of that than of the other improvements I've mentioned.

Sweet! What are you running as a DAC?
pbarach's Avatar pbarach 07:36 PM 10-15-2011
Quote:

Sweet! What are you running as a DAC?

I am using my marantz cd5004 player without a separate DAC.
Dstone001's Avatar Dstone001 08:05 PM 10-15-2011
Any recommendations for headphones to use with the Peachtree Nova?
Tags: Nuforce , Akg K702 65th Anniversary Edition , Sennheiser , Sennheiser Hd 600 Open Dynamic Hi Fi Professional Stereo Headphones Black , Audio Technica Ath Ad900 Audiophile Open Air Dynamic Headphones , Oppo Bdp 83se Blu Ray Player , Hifiman He 6 Headphones , Grado Rs1i , Yamaha Rx V1800 Receiver , Sony Mdr7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone , Sennheiser Hd 650 Headphones , Sennheiser Hd 558 Headphones , Grado Prestige Series Sr80i Stereo Headphone , Sennheiser Hd800 Over Ear Circum Aural Dynamic Premiere Headphone
First ... 13  14  15 16  17  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop