The 'NEW' YAQIN MS-20L Integrated Vacuum Tube Amp Thread - Page 29 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #841 of 841 Old 01-26-2016, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rntlee View Post
Just a FYI for everybody...

I tried my GE jan5654w's in my amp again, just to give them a second shot. I noticed a faint high-pitched whine from the right channel while the amp was idling with no signal. I promptly pulled the 5654's and put my 6j1p-ev's back in.

I looked up the data sheet for the GE 5654's and it specifies a maximum heater to cathode voltage of 90v. This amp uses an SRPP (the Chinese love this circuit) in the input stage and the cathode in the top tube gets close to 100v applied to it. I think the sound I could hear was leakage from the the heater to the cathode. The Russian 6j1p's I have are spec'd to a max heater/cathode voltage of 120v.

So, heads up to anyone else running 5654's in your amps...they're out of spec by quite a bit in this amp.
Hello rntlee. Sorry to revive an old thread, but could you confirm for me that the Mullard M8100 has a maximum heater to cathode voltage (Vh-k) of 130 volts according to the spec sheet I've attached? Just want to make sure I'm interpreting the info correctly before purchasing an octet. Thank you in advance!

-Phil
Attached Files
File Type: pdf M8100.pdf (406.9 KB, 13 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 2-Channel Audio

Tags
Yaqin Ms 20l Integrated Vaccum Tube Amplifier , Yaqin , Onkyo Tx Sr806 Receiver , Emotiva Xpa 5 5 Channel Power Amplifier , Yaqin Mc 100b Kt88 Tube Integrated Amplifier 2 Mode New Pushpull , Axiom M3 V3 Bookshelf Speaker , Kef Q900wa Floor Standing Speaker , Yaqin King 2a3 Ms 2a3 Vacuum Tube Hi End Tube Integrated Power Amplifier Pus , Yaqin Ms 300c 300b X2 Vacuum Tube Hi End Tube Integrated Amplifier

taboola here