The 'NEW' YAQIN MS-20L Integrated Vacuum Tube Amp Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-04-2011, 10:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well I've listen to the buffer of the ms-12b and it's out standing.It really helps with the newer CD's with the bad brick walling.It really mellowed them out.I only own maybe 5 CD's and thats because they came with the vinyl.The first one I played was Coldplay-Viva La Vida (I know,I know,it's the only one that was near.) The vinyl is just plain horrid and the CD is 10x worse,but the buffer really bought it to life and I was able to
enjoy it.

Next I ran a line out of my PC to the buffer and listen to some dvd rips
of 'All In The Family','Sanford And Son' and 'The Honeymooners' and WOW.
The opening them of 'Sanford And Son' thumped!!!
It really helped voices become more real,more life like.It reminded me of what TV sounded like when I was a kid ,how the one speaker on your all tube Zenith would fill the room with sound.

Next was on to some Blu-ray rips of 'Back To The Future','dspicable Me' & 'Pleasantville'
much,much more life like sound.The sound of cars were really thrown across the room and made to sound like they were passing on the street outside.You could hear where people were located in the room. There's a scene in the movie Pleasantville when kids are in a dinner and a jukebox kicks on,I could feel the room and hear the jukebox kick on
in the corner. I could almost smell the hambugers on the grill.

I was getting close to the same thing with the MS-20L but when I added the MS-12B in the mix it was on another level.Forget 5.1 and 7.1 get these two units and see what you have been missing.

Sorry for the poor typing....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2011, 05:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by john enea View Post

how much heat do these things give off? what type of clearence do you recommend?

enough to make my bedroom nice and toasty warm after it's been running for awhile... one of my cats will jump up and lie down next to it when it's on, so that's another good indication that it's a good heat source. want to find the warm spot in the house? look for the cat.

i'd give it the recommended 6 inches at least... that will give it plenty of room to breathe, plus it's easier to sit and admire it when it's got some space around it...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

Old 02-05-2011, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubedoctor1971 View Post

Well I've listen to the buffer of the ms-12b and it's out standing.It really helps with the newer CD's with the bad brick walling.It really mellowed them out.I only own maybe 5 CD's and thats because they came with the vinyl.The first one I played was Coldplay-Viva La Vida (I know,I know,it's the only one that was near.) The vinyl is just plain horrid and the CD is 10x worse,but the buffer really bought it to life and I was able to
enjoy it.

Next I ran a line out of my PC to the buffer and listen to some dvd rips
of 'All In The Family','Sanford And Son' and 'The Honeymooners' and WOW.
The opening them of 'Sanford And Son' thumped!!!
It really helped voices become more real,more life like.It reminded me of what TV sounded like when I was a kid ,how the one speaker on your all tube Zenith would fill the room with sound.

Next was on to some Blu-ray rips of 'Back To The Future','dspicable Me' & 'Pleasantville'
much,much more life like sound.The sound of cars were really thrown across the room and made to sound like they were passing on the street outside.You could hear where people were located in the room. There's a scene in the movie Pleasantville when kids are in a dinner and a jukebox kicks on,I could feel the room and hear the jukebox kick on
in the corner. I could almost smell the hambugers on the grill.

I was getting close to the same thing with the MS-20L but when I added the MS-12B in the mix it was on another level.Forget 5.1 and 7.1 get these two units and see what you have been missing.

Sorry for the poor typing....

Glad to hear you are happy with the units, Are you using an amp with the 12B preamp?

When you used the 12B was it stereo plug from PC?

Just curious as I have my 20L to my PC and plugged in that way. I listen mostly onboard/online music. Just curious about your hook-ups.

And, you are right even the bad stuff is not so bad, but when you put quality recorded music into these things, then it's just amazing.

Thanks,

Rob
Old 02-06-2011, 01:38 PM

Hey Woodsart,

I read you use Pandora One...I just signed up for the 192K service...I have a dilemma...I threw away 90% of my CD's a few yrs back...so I only have music on Itunes...its all AAC...so Pandora One is analogous to lossless?...I just bought the Onkyo(Japanese version) Ipod transport and the Music Fidelity VDAC DA converter...but obviously the music on my ipod is the limiting factor.

So the music I stream from Pandora One should be much higher quality than itunes that I downloaded using AAC right?...also, how do I control Pandora One if my computer isnt in the same room as my stereo equipment?..is Logitech Squeezebox Touch the best option at 300.00???

BTW, Song has been great so far...he already shipped out my amp...just ordered interconnects from him last night.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
Hey Woodsart,

I read you use Pandora One...I just signed up for the 192K service...I have a dilemma...I threw away 90% of my CD's a few yrs back...so I only have music on Itunes...its all AAC...so Pandora One is analogous to lossless?...I just bought the Onkyo(Japanese version) Ipod transport and the Music Fidelity VDAC DA converter...but obviously the music on my ipod is the limiting factor.

Yes, I use Pandora One and love it, but I love grooveshark too as ProampFan recommended. I cannot help you with the Ipod transport and VDAC DA converter!!

Pandora's quality is similar to most HD , I assume. Everything now, of course, is digital.

Honestly I guess it depends on so many factors your internet connection and for onboard listening like itunes...the sound card I have an creative 5.1. I also use creative console EQ.

Pandora One is streamed from my PC through a sound card via cable internet connection. Connected by RCA into 20L from PC stereo plug out. I am really amazed at the SQ.

I am listening to grooveshark.com and honestly I can't tell a difference compared to Pandora One, itunes or any of them. Depends on the recorded material and of course your PC connection, sound card and for CDs and what type of player one is using on the PC. Of course, the era it was made too.

I honestly think it is the 20L that is producing excellent SQ.

If you wanted to, you could take the music from your stored CD music on itunes and do a FLAC conversion to see if that helps to increase SQ, it did on some of my songs. I use Winamp for the FlAC conversion. There are other programs that do that as well. Winamp does a good job.

And as for Grooveshark.com I am able to search for a song and play it anytime I want to. I not sure of the kbps there. I don't do itunes as I don't buy music even though I have songs on in the itunes player, but basically transfer from PC just to see if it has better SQ.

I mostly listen to music on my PC as I am there a lot.

So the music I stream from Pandora One should be much higher quality than itunes that I downloaded using AAC right?...also, how do I control Pandora One if my computer isn't in the same room as my stereo equipment?..is Logitech Squeezebox Touch the best option at 300.00???

I would say Pandora streaming should be as good if not better than PC. I do not have a Squeezebox, so I can't help you there. Probably a good choice any source other than the PC.

Maybe someone can chime in there. I have heard nothing but good things about them, though.

BTW, Song has been great so far...he already shipped out my amp...just ordered interconnects from him last night.
Of course, I would like add that this is just my opinion and not necessary totally correct, but only by my experiences with my equipment, and sources used. And of course speakers used as well.

Song is fantastic to deal with, especially if one has an issue and the one I had with the 20L wasn't even concerning it.

Hope this helps,

Rob
Old 02-07-2011, 03:27 PM

The Gold Lion KT77's arrived.

The differences are NOT small and they were instant.I've had them in for two hours now
and they keep getting better. I've read they take about 100 hours for them to fully burn in,so by then I'm sure I will be calling in sick for work.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Not SMALL, so that means BIG?

What is wrapped around the GEs?

Thanks, looking forward to 100 hrs!!!

Why did you choose these over the Shuguang 6ca7-zs?

Thanks,

Rob
Old 02-07-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsart View Post

Not SMALL, so that means BIG?

What is wrapped around the GEs?

Thanks, looking forward to 100 hrs!!!

Why did you choose these over the Shuguang 6ca7-zs?

Thanks,

Rob

Yes, BIG BIG BIG !!!!

It's teflon tape and it's amazing.My Dad used to wrap all his tubes in it.
I don't like the looks of it but it sounds so good I hate to take it off.

I thought about the Shuguang Treasures but I hated to blow the cash
on something that kind of seems like a gimmick to me.Plus I've heard the Gold Lion's in friends systems and love the sound.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:05 PM

do the Gold Lion tubes sound more airy, warm and open???...thats the sound I am looking for with my MS-20L's....where did you order the Gold Lion's from???
Old 02-08-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:

do the Gold Lion tubes sound more airy, warm and open???...thats the sound I am looking for with my MS-20L's....where did you order the Gold Lion's from???

Sorry I didnt get more into it and describe things better.I really was at a loss for words.

Airy, warm, open????

Yes,yes,yes

As great as the MS-20L sounds replacing the EL34 tubes took it to another
level.When I replaced the 6J1 tubes everything became more open and airy
but the bottom was still very light.Replacing the EL34's with the Gold Lions's
the bottom came in and in a BIG way with very natural sounding bass.
Everything opened up in a BIG way.It sounds like your in the studio with the
artist.I'm hearing things I've never heard before and I'm talking about songs
that I heard a thousand times.The soundstage is overwhelming at first because it is sooo real.It is without question the best $200 I've ever spent.

I orderd mine from Music Direct
Old 02-10-2011, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Ok, Mr, Tubedoctor1971, we need an update and how many hours so far?

Thanks,

Rob
Old 02-11-2011, 06:34 AM

Quote:

Ok, Mr, Tubedoctor1971, we need an update and how many hours so far?

Thanks,

Rob

I guess I never said what amp I had before this and I think thats important to
judge what I was coming from.I had a Marantz - PM8004,which I feel was a
fairly good amp.

I'm going to say I have about 50 to 60 hours on them.I've been off work this week,so I've had lots of time to listen.

They are getting better and better

I guess I'll start with the bass.This is is a 100% improvement over the stock tubes.I was EQ'ing the bass back in with the stock tubes,which made it sound
well.....Eq'ed.

Now the bass is low and tight and hit's with the force of a dump truck when needed.

Everything from bass,midrange and the highs have really came to life.
It's not just hearing the music you can feel it and feel the room.

It's really hard to put into words how much changing the tubes helped.
All I can say is if you have the cash,GET THEM you won't be sorry.

I wouldn't lie to you because if they were junk I would say so.I'm not trying to hype them just because I own them
Old 02-11-2011, 06:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

has anyone tried rolling just the v1/v3 pre-amp tubes? when i emailed song, he indicated that v1/v3 are the pre-amp stages...

some mindless surfing while i've been bedridden with this stupid cold found a few posts on various forums where people had successful results with the mc10-l just rolling the linestage, and leaving the dividers be...

just curious...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

Old 02-11-2011, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

I guess I never said what amp I had before this and I think thats important to
judge what I was coming from.I had a Marantz - PM8004,which I feel was a
fairly good amp.

Quote:

Yes, I agree with you Marantz is an excellent product.

I'm going to say I have about 50 to 60 hours on them.I've been off work this week,so I've had lots of time to listen.

They are getting better and better

I guess I'll start with the bass.This is is a 100% improvement over the stock tubes.I was EQ'ing the bass back in with the stock tubes,which made it sound
well.....Eq'ed.

That is a great improvement and good news!

Now the bass is low and tight and hit's with the force of a dump truck when needed.

Everything from bass,midrange and the highs have really came to life.
It's not just hearing the music you can feel it and feel the room.

It's really hard to put into words how much changing the tubes helped.
All I can say is if you have the cash,GET THEM you won't be sorry.

I know what you mean on that bass hitting....tight and low and feeling it in the room on top, the sides and the back of you.

And you are right feeling is difficult to express.

I wouldn't lie to you because if they were junk I would say so.I'm not trying to hype them just because I own them

There has never been, neither would there be any reason not to trust you in your review. Your comments align up with most reviews I have read on the KT77s in that they are worth every penny spent.

I believe that most of us understand where you are coming from and what you are hearing is what we all want

The Shuguangs are great for stock and the high end ones really sound nice and I am still considering them, but the KT77s are now in the mix.

Thanks, for your time in responding, please continue to keep us updated.

Rob
Old 02-11-2011, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

has anyone tried rolling just the v1/v3 pre-amp tubes? when i emailed song, he indicated that v1/v3 are the pre-amp stages...

some mindless surfing while i've been bedridden with this stupid cold found a few posts on various forums where people had successful results with the mc10-l just rolling the linestage, and leaving the dividers be...

just curious...

Good morning Chris,

Do you have the thread where you read that. I have researched just about all the 10L threads google would allow and never saw that, must be new.

Stop that jiberish about mindless web surfing, I do it just to keep mine!!!!

Thanks,
Rob

Hope you feel better!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 07:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

hey rob... thanks, now that it's down in the chest, hopefully it will be gone soon... i HATE being sick...

here's a link to one thing i found...

clicky...

i also found tons of "generic information" from the guitar guys on rolling pre vs. divider/driver tubes...

again, more curious than anything else right now... i'm in the stage where "i know just enough to get into trouble" still...

edit: i think i've learned more about "just about everything in the world" by mindlessly surfing the net than i learned in all those years i was in school... although the "critical thinking" thingie they taught me in school definitely helps to sort the wheat from the chaff on the web... the problem with the web is that there is NO editor... anyone can publish whatever they want, and some publish bs in such an authoritative way, it can sometimes be hard to figure out what exactly IS the chaff...

- chris

Old 02-11-2011, 08:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I just signed up for the 192K service.....so Pandora One is analogous to lossless?

"Analogous?" Um, not exactly. A 192 kbps file/stream may be transparent, in the sense that you might not be able to distinguish it from a lossless file/stream, but that's where the analogy would end.

Quote:

So the music I stream from Pandora One should be much higher quality than itunes that I downloaded using AAC right?...

If you purchased AAC files from the iTunes store, for example, they're 256 kbps variable bit rate (aka, iTunes Plus) files, which are likely to be difficult to distinguish from 192 kbps files. If by "downloaded using AAC" you mean that you transcoded lossless files to AAC, then the quality depends upon how you transcoded them.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

hey rob... thanks, now that it's down in the chest, hopefully it will be gone soon... i HATE being sick...

here's a link to one thing i found...

clicky...

i also found tons of "generic information" from the guitar guys on rolling pre vs. divider/driver tubes...

again, more curious than anything else right now... i'm in the stage where "i know just enough to get into trouble" still...

edit: i think i've learned more about "just about everything in the world" by mindlessly surfing the net than i learned in all those years i was in school... although the "critical thinking" thingie they taught me in school definitely helps to sort the wheat from the chaff on the web... the problem with the web is that there is NO editor... anyone can publish whatever they want, and some publish bs in such an authoritative way, it can sometimes be hard to figure out what exactly IS the chaff...

Thanks,

I will check out the link, and hope you will feel better soon. I am having some printing done and was suppose to connect with him the first of last week. I called and emailed, still no response, then he just called me and had the same thing. He was on anti-biotics and was in bad shape.

I found out the Fender guys are very helpful. There is so much to learn and a long way for me to go.

Yes, you are right about "opinionated publishing" anyone can say what they want and convince whomever. I take the reviews for just what they are, there opinion!! Or mine in this case.

In the web's case, I found the most informative, helpful reviews, is when the majority of the parties agree!!! Generally one can trust them, especially if they already have high integrity throughout the threads.

However, when one reads and reads....especially in between the lines, one can draw some conclusions. I do not make major financial purchases without tons of research, for example Salksound. Can't go wrong there! Right?

Honestly, Chris, I have never gone wrong with my research. Actually my web surfing has preventive and protected me from heading in the wrong direction. There are red flags, so I just avoid them and move on to the next product!!.

There again, I have the time to do so. I spend hours on the PC every day. I enjoy it and of course there is musssssssiiiiicccccccc!!!

I will check out the link....and listen to music.....and get some honey-do stuff done today, since we are experiencing 50 degree temps today and a lot of sun...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milaz001 View Post

"Analogous?" Um, not exactly. A 192 kbps file/stream may be transparent, in the sense that you might not be able to distinguish it from a lossless file/stream, but that's where the analogy would end.

If you purchased AAC files from the iTunes store, for example, they're 256 kbps variable bit rate (aka, iTunes Plus) files, which are likely to be difficult to distinguish from 192 kbps files. If by "downloaded using AAC" you mean that you transcoded lossless files to AAC, then the quality depends upon how you transcoded them.

Milaz001,

Welcome to the thread and thanks for chiming in. I am a bit ignorant to lossless file/stream stuff myself.

I am at present comparing Pandora 1 with some HD tracks I downloaded, there is a difference, but I can't put my finger on it yet. There is a difference when listening to online Grooveshark.com though.

Would there be any difference using the winamp to playing HD files, say in comparision to other HD players, like mediamonkey, (I think).

Thanks,

Rob
Old 02-11-2011, 09:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

@rob...

much good info about compression routines, playback software, etc. can be found at hydrogen audio...

as a rough guide, with redbook cd as the comparison... note: when i say "trained listener", i mean "someone who is trained to listen for artifacting in compressed music", not "someone who has been listening to music their whole life"...

- 128k is distinguishable, but certainly not offensive for portable use... and the "difference", while there, isn't exactly huge... for example, a 128k aac file sounds pretty darn good on my main system... i still have a ton of 128k files, and i don't avoid them when choosing music...

- 192k, depending on encoding, is close to indistinguishable for most, except when closely listening, then you might "feel something is missing", even though you can't put your finger on it (which, judging by your posts, is what you are experiencing)...

- 256k, for most music and most listeners, is essentially transparent... on certain music, with a listener who "knows what to listen for", artifacts are easily heard... however, for the "untrained listener", those artifacts get lost in the rest of the music...

- above 256k, it's VERY hard to identify artifacting, even if you know what to listen for and the content contains information that would cause said artifacting...

"modern" codecs are very good at what they do...

- chris

Old 02-11-2011, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

@rob...

much good info about compression routines, playback software, etc. can be found at hydrogen audio...

as a rough guide, with redbook cd as the comparison... note: when i say "trained listener", i mean "someone who is trained to listen for artifacting in compressed music", not "someone who has been listening to music their whole life"...

- 128k is distinguishable, but certainly not offensive for portable use... and the "difference", while there, isn't exactly huge... for example, a 128k aac file sounds pretty darn good on my main system... i still have a ton of 128k files, and i don't avoid them when choosing music...

- 192k, depending on encoding, is close to indistinguishable for most, except when closely listening, then you might "feel something is missing", even though you can't put your finger on it (which, judging by your posts, is what you are experiencing)...

- 256k, for most music and most listeners, is essentially transparent... on certain music, with a listener who "knows what to listen for", artifacts are easily heard... however, for the "untrained listener", those artifacts get lost in the rest of the music...

- above 256k, it's VERY hard to identify artifacting, even if you know what to listen for and the content contains information that would cause said artifacting...

"modern" codecs are very good at what they do...

Thanks, I will check out the URL.

True about one thing, I am no trained listener, however, I can hear a huge difference in comparison to Pandora 1 and the downloaded song Misery from HDtracks.com with 77.64 MBs, 40% compression, 96/KHz, 24 bit FLAC, played with winamp.

There is more definition to this song and maybe less noise on the 20L in TR mode. Makes me hungry for more.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Thanks, I will check out the URL.

True about one thing, I am no trained listener, however, I can hear a huge difference in comparison to Pandora 1 and the downloaded song Misery from HDtracks.com with 77.64 MBs, 40% compression, 96/KHz, 24 bit FLAC, played with winamp.

There is more definition to this song and maybe less noise on the 20L in TR mode. Makes me hungry for more.

well... i don't tell people what they "hear"...

but if you do spend some time reading at hydrogen audio, you'll see how to conduct a "proper" a/b/x test... you might be surprised at the outcome...

- chris

Old 02-11-2011, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

well... i don't tell people what they "hear"...

but if you do spend some time reading at hydrogen audio, you'll see how to conduct a "proper" a/b/x test... you might be surprised at the outcome...

I will definitely spend some time at hydrogen audio.

Honeydoeys for now!!!

Have a great day and get some sun!!!

Thanks,

Rob
Old 02-11-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
When you used the 12B was it stereo plug from PC?

Just curious as I have my 20L to my PC and plugged in that way. I listen mostly onboard/online music. Just curious about your hook-ups.

Thanks,

Rob

Sorry I missed this question.
I have the M-Auido 24/96 sound card that has Rca out's and in's.
So I just use some good interconnects.

I rip my vinyl to 24-96 HD files,so when I do that I have the MS-12B to the inputs of the card and the outs to the MS-20L.

When I'm not ripping I run the MS-12B to Aux 2 of the MS-20L and the PC out's to AUX 1

I converted a sample to 320kbp mp3 so you can hear what the MS-12B does.

http://www.divshare.com/download/14034251-843

Here's another.

http://www.divshare.com/download/14034292-b4e
Old 02-11-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:

Yes, BIG BIG BIG !!!!

It's teflon tape and it's amazing.My Dad used to wrap all his tubes in it.
I don't like the looks of it but it sounds so good I hate to take it off.

so what exactly does the tape do? how does it effect the sound? just curios as I have never seen that before.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john enea View Post

so what exactly does the tape do? how does it effect the sound? just curios as I have never seen that before.

It's a damper,so it helps stop vibration and ring and if the whole tube is wrapped it shields it from electrical noise and stops feed back problems which is really good for guitar amps.Since that photo I retaped mine so you can't really see it,as it's block by the plastic.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:

It's a damper,so it helps stop vibration and ring and if the whole tube is wrapped it shields it from electrical noise and stops feed back problems which is really good for guitar amps.Since that photo I retaped mine so you can't really see it,as it's block by the plastic.

thanks
Old 02-12-2011, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Sorry I missed this question.
I have the M-Auido 24/96 sound card that has Rca out's and in's.
So I just use some good interconnects.

I rip my vinyl to 24-96 HD files,so when I do that I have the MS-12B to the inputs of the card and the outs to the MS-20L.

When I'm not ripping I run the MS-12B to Aux 2 of the MS-20L and the PC out's to AUX 1

I converted a sample to 320kbp mp3 so you can hear what the MS-12B does.

http://www.divshare.com/download/14034251-843

Here's another.

http://www.divshare.com/download/14034292-b4e

Like the 'Space Trucking', interesting arrangement.

So, what I am hearing is more extension on reverb as though I am in front row center. Could be the arrangement or the conversion results.

And I am hearing through the 20L similar conversion to what you are through the 12B.

Have to think about this for awhile.

Hearing the original arrangement prior to the conversion might help me hear the difference.

But the sound is typically tube sounding to me even on the net, kind of like it's all coming from a guitar tube amp. Interesting.

Anyone's comments welcome.

And remember, I am still 'green under the ears' with all this stuff. I may have to edit this....( :

Rob
Old 02-12-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:

Like the 'Space Trucking', interesting arrangement.

So, what I am hearing is more extension on reverb as though I am in front row center. Could be the arrangement or the conversion results.

And I am hearing through the 20L similar conversion to what you are through the 12B.

Have to think about this for awhile.

Hearing the original arrangement prior to the conversion might help me hear the difference.

But the sound is typically tube sounding to me even on the net, kind of like it's all coming from a guitar tube amp. Interesting.

Anyone's comments welcome.

And remember, I am still 'green under the ears' with all this stuff. I may have to edit this....( :

Rob

That is the original arrangement of 'Space Trucking'

There is a lot of music and soundstage that gets lost on CD because
it's SOOO loud and compressed.

Here's a wave form of 'Space Trucking' from the 2003 remasterd CD.

Here's a wave form of 'Space Trucking' from vinyl.

As you can see CD is just super loud and compressed (brickwalled)
so everything is just jammed together and you don't have a chance to hear
what the music is meant to sound like.Everything gets lost.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

So, when you rip the vinyl to 24-96 HD files and played it with the 12B that is what I heard on the net?

Tags
Yaqin Ms 20l Integrated Vaccum Tube Amplifier , Yaqin , Onkyo Tx Sr806 Receiver , Emotiva Xpa 5 5 Channel Power Amplifier , Yaqin Mc 100b Kt88 Tube Integrated Amplifier 2 Mode New Pushpull , Axiom M3 V3 Bookshelf Speaker , Kef Q900wa Floor Standing Speaker , Yaqin King 2a3 Ms 2a3 Vacuum Tube Hi End Tube Integrated Power Amplifier Pus , Yaqin Ms 300c 300b X2 Vacuum Tube Hi End Tube Integrated Amplifier
Gear in this thread