Any owners of this model out there like to chime in? Thanks in advance..
Can't decide betweeen ma6600 vs ma7000. I don't think the extra 2K is justified for a 5 Band EQ I'll never use & 50 more watts a channel I don't believe I'll ever miss. I also like the tuner option with the 6600...
I've owned a 6600 for about 2 years. It is a truly amazing piece of equipment. If you like the Mac house sound, you won't be disappointed. When auditioning, I did listen to the 7000 and like it a lot too but didn't feel the differences between the 2 justifed the extra dollars. One man's opinion only.
What's the "Mac house sound"?
I have the 7000. I run it with a pair of Revel Ultima Salon 2's and am really pleased with the sound. Price was not really a factor when I bought the Amp so I never really considered the 6600 so I cannot say one way or the other how close the two compare.
I am sure you will be happy with either one though, there's not to many people running Mac stuff who aren't happy campers.
The McIntosh MA6600 has two distinct advantages over the MA7000.
1. The ability to trim the various input sources so that all levels are match. i.e. TV Volume & CD volume are relatively the same 'Volume" when you switch inputs.
2. The ability to add the TM2 tuner module - thus turning the Integrated Amp into a Receiver.
The draw backs.
1. No Balanced out (could be used for a sub-woofer or a 2nd room Amp)
2. One Balanced in (debateable - really only if you have more than one McIntosh Source (CD, DVD, Server,etc)
3. MA6600 has Firmware- that can have tons of issues i.e re: McIntosh C50
4. No 5 Band EQ
5. No manly rack handles
are the drawbacks worth $2000?