post #91 of 95 Old 05-20-2011, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by diomania View Post

Deflect, redirect, complain, make things up as you go... 1, 2, 3, 4...

I'll give you a credit for being a good of dancer. Perhaps better than amirm.

For a change, try helping the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by towerjack View Post

Looking to buy my first dedicated 2 ch. system - receiver, 5 cd changer & speakers. $3,000 budget more or less. Not at all well versed in audio - just like to listen to good, clean sound. Any suggestions appreciated.

Any suggestions?

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein

Volunteer Moderator for the Chase Home Theater forum

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 95 Old 05-20-2011, 12:04 PM

Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract67 View Post

For a change, try helping the OP.

Read carefully and you will find the helps I've been giving. "I'll bet you wondered what they are thinking of your performance." Looks like you didn't get it.

Quote:
Any suggestions?

Exposing one troll at a time helps OP what to weed out. You obviously have an issue with it because you didn't get the euphoria you though you would from trolling. At least you're not as bad as you have been by withholding the cable burn-in claims this time.
post #93 of 95 Old 05-21-2011, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by diomania View Post

Read carefully and you will find the helps I've been giving. "I'll bet you wondered what they are thinking of your performance." Looks like you didn't get it.

I got it, sorry it bothers you that I didn't take the bait. If you want to discuss this further, my PM box is open.

Quote:

Exposing one troll at a time helps OP what to weed out. You obviously have an issue with it because you didn't get the euphoria you though you would from trolling. At least you're not as bad as you have been by withholding the cable burn-in claims this time.

Your posting history vs. mine shows who the real troll is. Nobody is talking cables but you.

Do you have any on topic equipment suggestions for the OP, dio?

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein

Volunteer Moderator for the Chase Home Theater forum

post #94 of 95 Old 05-24-2011, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
First of all, thanks for the expansion of my original thread - I have learned much about audio and that it is a very subjective field. I took the suggestion to sample the Revel F12 speakers, along with several others, and have decided that I prefer their sound to my original choice of the Paradigm 100's. I also have taken the advice to rip my CD's to a hard drive and enjoy the convenience and sound of digital. As you can see, much of your advice I have taken after studying and understanding the benefits.
Next on the list is the receiver/amp. I originally thought I wanted a Parasound Halo or Integra 225, but after the speaker experience I think it's better that I get some additional advice/opinions before I purchase. How much power do I need to push these speakers efficiently, in that I don't often crank the volume and prefer "Quality" to "Quantity". I realize that there is some pretty high-end stuff out there as far as audio processing, but will I be able to appreciate it at this stage of the journey. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Towerjack
post #95 of 95 Old 05-27-2011, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 36
If you want to get some very nice musical speakers check out the Ohm Walsh speakers on line. Sound stage is incredible. They've been around for about 35yrs so this is no fly by night outfit. I just heard a pair of Ohm 4's which are 26 yrs old they were hooked up to a pair of CJ tube amps and they could keep up w/anything made today. The current Ohm 1000's go for about $2000. They are made in Canada.
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page