JRiver ID - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 05-27-2011, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I looking at getting a J. River Id to send 2 channel audio from my music server to my amp. Does anyone here have any experience with this device? How is the sound quality and ease of use?

Are there other good options for a DLNA DMR, mainly for 2 channel audio? I'd like to keep the cost under $200, but that's not a fixed limit.

Thanks,
Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-12-2014, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
We've started shipping the Id. Here's a pretty happy customer reporting:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/inde...6368#msg616368

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center
jriver.com or Owners Thread at AVSForum
post #3 of 8 Old 06-16-2014, 05:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 31
My question is - Is it possible to use this device without an active JRMC running on another PC?

I already have my NAS with all my audio files stored and will really like to know if I can get the id to "smb" to the music folder on the NAS and be done, I'm not really interested in managing an instance of MC apart
The id will be connected HDMI directly to my AVR...

I will also like to know as well if the id can be set to bitstream to the AVRs for my audio files which are 24/48 FLAC, SACD and Apple lossless

I am currently considering a Linux install on one NUC box to try something similar, but if the id does the job, I will buy three units immediately...
post #4 of 8 Old 06-16-2014, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
The NAS would probably work if it had a DLNA Server. There is not yet a way to mount an SMB drive.

It will play anything JRiver Media Center plays. 24/48 FLAC or Apple Lossless definitely. DSD will also work.

Our Linux version (slightly different) has a 30 day trial, so you could use it to see what plays.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center
jriver.com or Owners Thread at AVSForum
post #5 of 8 Old 06-17-2014, 05:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I can set up a DLNA server on the NAS... the NAS is actually built from FreeNAS...

I have been trying to make my up on which hardware to use since your response to my question on the Linux forum, but just didn't get to make up my mind,
This will be perfect for me if it works with DLNA and I can control it from my iPad / iPhone... without having to do any custom OS / software install / setup...

I just bought one unit for now to test with... hopefully I will be back to purchase the remaining two if all works well as expected...

I was provided a registration code after the purchase, out of curiosity, I am wondering if I will need a separate registration code of each unit I purchase...
post #6 of 8 Old 06-18-2014, 03:38 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jriver View Post
The NAS would probably work if it had a DLNA Server. There is not yet a way to mount an SMB drive.
You mean one Linux box cannot pull the files from another Linux box?
Oops.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-23-2014, 11:28 PM

Liked: 0
i think so,It will play anything JRiver Media Center plays. 24/48 FLAC or Apple Lossless definitely. DSD will also work.thanks for your sharing
post #8 of 8 Old 06-25-2014, 07:36 AM

Liked: 43
I have a JRiver Id working really well. I was the first to get the wifi working and now USB drives too.

It works great as a server, renderer and also acts a DLNA controller between a server and renderer. It works with JRemote, Gizmo, XBMC, PlugPlayer. WMC and every DLNA/UPnP device I've tried with it. Works with USB DACs too.

I have some details posted in JRiver MC19 windows forum.
I got a Wireless Seagate Plus 1TB working wirelessly as a DLNA server playing through Jremote on the iPhone streaming via AVRCP BT in the car. (id3 text on car system and works with steering wheel controls via the AVRCP BT in the car kit and iPhone) Everything was working wireless apart from power to the Id.

Yes the Id works off 12v in the car. (with a 12v power filter or dc-dc converter) I also have external USB drives working off it now so I throw a usb drive on it in the car now to keep it simple. Even my 12TB USB3/ESATA RAID box works with it over USB3. Go over to Jriver forums to see video demos and more of my experience with it. I love it! Flac and DSD in the car

Cheers
Hilton

Last edited by Phatboy69; 06-25-2014 at 07:41 AM.
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page