Denon DCD-A100 question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-27-2011, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not sure if I can say this here, or not, so please delete if it is against forum rules.

Music Direct has this unit on sale at $1499 from $2500.

So, My question is...how good is the thing. The specs look impressive, and I like that it can be used as a DAC right off the iPod for my AIFF's and friends files. It can kill a few birds with one stone for my 2 channel setup.

I just cannot find a single review anywhere on it.

Anyone know anything? It seems like a good deal, but perhaps there is a reason it is that discounted.

http://www.ca.denon.com/DocumentMast...00_Lit1206.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-05-2012, 04:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Went ahead and picked one of these up from Music Direct and have it burning in now. You are correct its a very nice looking player, solidly built. I thought the 100th Anniversary paint scheme would look bad with the sparkles in it but you have to look close to see them so it adds a nice touch. Decided to take the plunge on this player after reading several other post people have made else where, plus the fact that I like the way my Denon DVD-3800BDci sounded with Blu-Ray music so figured it would sound close if not better. The reason they are discounted so much is they were a limited run for the 100th Anniversary. Hard to beat the price with a five year warranty. Will keep you posted on how it sounds as it breaks in. But will tell you right out of the box is sound really good.
Reply 2-Channel Audio