Peachtree Audio 2 Channel Thoughts - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 01-15-2012, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am new to this and have been doing some research and still cant decide so can some of you provide advise

I am interested in 2 channel audio for a second setup the room is small at 10X12 the main sources will be computer and IPod files on this system

I am considering the Decco2 and a Sonos ZP90 and not the iDac because of these 2 feelings:

1) The ipod will eventually change the conector making the dock useless for future ipod product
2) I think Ipod Docks often break

As I understand an ipod cannot be used with the USB cable but am not sure has anybody hooked up the ipod/iphone through the USB Directly if so how is the sound quality most of my digital music right now is 320kpbs I will be going more to FLAC in the future (As I understand the USB hookup does not use the PA DAC) The Sonos will use the PA DAC.

What connection is best to hook up the sonos/blue ray player too

How do you switch the tube out in the decco2?

As for speakers are the PA 4.5 good? they are selling them for $250 a pair when added onto the decco2. I now have Klipsch Ikon 14's but am spying a pair of monitor audio RX2 or GS10 in the near future

Is there something else better im looking for best quality sound nice minimalist appearance and a sub 1000 price tag.

Thanks for all your assistance before i finalize my decison
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-15-2012, 04:48 PM

I know Sonos limits the audio quality to 44/16 and if you are going to be moving to FLAC, you may want to take into consideration a player that can decode higher resolutions. For example, B&W offers 24 bit flac files and if you ever went that route, Sonos would down convert the files....i use my ipod and connect it directly through the usb to a Marantz NA 7004, and it sounds great. It also uses utilizes airplay which is a big help....hope I helped...
post #3 of 10 Old 01-15-2012, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclif77 View Post

I know Sonos limits the audio quality to 44/16 and if you are going to be moving to FLAC, you may want to take into consideration a player that can decode higher resolutions. For example, B&W offers 24 bit flac files and if you ever went that route, Sonos would down convert the files....i use my ipod and connect it directly through the usb to a Marantz NA 7004, and it sounds great. It also uses utilizes airplay which is a big help....hope I helped...

I am new to this digital stuff but I thought the reason to use the peachtree was to bypass the Sonos DAC and use the peachtree DAC 24/96
post #4 of 10 Old 01-15-2012, 08:33 PM

Why not just email Peachtree and ask them? I own an original Decco and find that they respond to emails via their website promptly.
post #5 of 10 Old 01-16-2012, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybroker View Post

I am new to this digital stuff but I thought the reason to use the peachtree was to bypass the Sonos DAC and use the peachtree DAC 24/96

The signal or music is sent to the sonos first and then is forwarded to the peachtree. I'm not sure if Sonos can send a raw signal and if that's the case the Peachtree or any device can't upconvert the signal back to it's original form. That's what I remember about it, when I was going to purchase it. Of course, you aren't told this. The Sqeezebox touch may be an option? There are a number of media players that will offer more of an "audiophile" approach, meaning they will be able to decode high resolution music, introduced this year from what I've read in Home Theater magazine.
post #6 of 10 Old 01-16-2012, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

The signal or music is sent to the sonos first and then is forwarded to the peachtree. I'm not sure if Sonos can send a raw signal and if that's the case the Peachtree or any device can't upconvert the signal back to it's original form. That's what I remember about it, when I was going to purchase it. Of course, you aren't told this. The Sqeezebox touch may be an option? There are a number of media players that will offer more of an "audiophile" approach, meaning they will be able to decode high resolution music, introduced this year from what I've read in Home Theater magazine.

Thanks i did a quick google search and was lead to this posting

http://forums.sonos.com/showthread.php?t=26599

appears that it can send RAW signal as per this user perhaps i should call Sonos
post #7 of 10 Old 01-16-2012, 09:14 AM

Liked: 24
Quote:

I know Sonos limits the audio quality to 44/16

That is a sampling/bits limitation, not an "audio quality" limitation.

cheers,

AJ
post #8 of 10 Old 01-16-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJinFLA View Post

That is a sampling/bits limitation, not an "audio quality" limitation.

cheers,

AJ

I understand, that's what I meant...thanks
post #9 of 10 Old 01-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybroker View Post

I am considering the Decco2 and a Sonos ZP90 and not the iDac because of these 2 feelings:

1) The ipod will eventually change the conector making the dock useless for future ipod product
2) I think Ipod Docks often break

I have some thoughts on this:
1) Just not going to happen. The iPod/iPhone has had the same connector for almost a decade and there aren't even rumours about Apple intending to change anything about it.
2) I don't think so. In my opinion this is one of the most reliable physical connection I've used. Well, I'm sure you can always break it if you want to, but that requires intent.
post #10 of 10 Old 06-22-2012, 06:09 AM - Thread Starter

Like a said in January I expected a connector change and it looks as if thats going to happen

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/06/21/apples-smaller-ios-device-dock-connector-said-to-include-19-pins/

Im sure glad i went with the decco2 and Sonos and not the idecco
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page