Best way from PC to Vienna acoustics Haydn - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 25 Old 01-28-2012, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all.

So after lot of runing around i found a nice pair of Vienna acoustics Haydn grand and so far for my listening it has beaten my old pair of Vienna acoustics waltz grand in good level...

Now i am running this with Nuforce Usb DAC2....i thought it deserve a better upgrade and it was time for me to upgrade the DAC..

So right now i am in middle of either buying Peachtree Decco2 or Music hall 25.3...

any recomendations..

Also what kinda amp you guys refer for this speakers...right now i am getting Marantz MA 500 Mono amp...

so this is the current setup...

PC->Nuforce Usb2 DAC->Marant sr6005 (as amp) -> Vienna acoustics Haydn

future

PC->peachtree decco2 or musica hall 25.3 ->Marantz ma500 (2X)-> Vienna acoustics Haydn

much more future i might be moving towards Yaqin Tube amplifier...(cheapest one to start the tube world in )..in that respect i was thinking to keep 25.3 and change the tubes and then i have preamp as tube and then add yaqin as amplifier later too..

Any recommendation or suggestion you guys suggest....

V
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 01-28-2012, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 142
I have been researching dacs for the last couple of weeks, reading hours on end so let me save you some time. I hope I have this right but it seems like buying a new dac would get you basically nothing but a sore wallet. Chances are you wouldn't be able to tell it apart from your current dac.

I will admit that I am pretty much clueless on how to intergrate a pc into the system. I know nothing about usb dacs and I am not sure if you could hook your avr directly up to your pc. I am getting ready to purchase a new bluray player and will be doing some expirmenting switching between using hdmi directly to my avr and also using the 7.1 analogue outputs from the bluray player to teh avr so that I can see if I can indeed tell the dac in the avr apart from the dac in the bluray player.

If the bluray player sounds better with the analoge connections then I might take it one step further and start experimenting with some different outboard dacs.
post #3 of 25 Old 01-28-2012, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 View Post

I have been researching dacs for the last couple of weeks, reading hours on end so let me save you some time. I hope I have this right but it seems like buying a new dac would get you basically nothing but a sore wallet. Chances are you wouldn't be able to tell it apart from your current dac.

I will admit that I am pretty much clueless on how to intergrate a pc into the system. I know nothing about usb dacs and I am not sure if you could hook your avr directly up to your pc. I am getting ready to purchase a new bluray player and will be doing some expirmenting switching between using hdmi directly to my avr and also using the 7.1 analogue outputs from the bluray player to teh avr so that I can see if I can indeed tell the dac in the avr apart from the dac in the bluray player.

If the bluray player sounds better with the analoge connections then I might take it one step further and start experimenting with some different outboard dacs.

It could might be...again bought it second hand from ebay....

BUT AGAIN if we are not ready to take chances how will we figure out something that sounds good...

Minor loss for BIG gain is always welcome..

V
post #4 of 25 Old 01-29-2012, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 20
If you are new to the world of using your pc as a server with a USB dac, then I would recommend checking out computer audiophile' extensive list of articles on the topic.
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/faq

Best,

Patrick Butler
Vienna Acoustics- North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianguyinny24 View Post

It could might be...again bought it second hand from ebay....

BUT AGAIN if we are not ready to take chances how will we figure out something that sounds good...

Minor loss for BIG gain is always welcome..

V

post #5 of 25 Old 01-29-2012, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Butler View Post

If you are new to the world of using your pc as a server with a USB dac, then I would recommend checking out computer audiophile' extensive list of articles on the topic.
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/faq

Best,

Patrick Butler

Thanks Patrick...

I read a lot but now i think as Sound is subjective i need to do some research on it more personally while seeing where i get best Price to performance ratio...

V
post #6 of 25 Old 01-30-2012, 05:57 AM

Liked: 11
indianguyinny24 You have a decent enough $1000 bookself in those Haydn Grands though they don't offer a flat response but have that British sound/FR.

Take a look at Audio Gd and Kingwa's work.

www.audio-gd.com

Of particular interest is the NFB-10SE DAC and headphone amp.

I've never heard the Marantz ma500 but considering they retailed for a grand a channel at one point and many many people are selling them off used for as little as $120 bucks a channel it seriously suggests it's not a very good amp.

I'd look at finding used ATI AT602 or AT1202.

You would do much better with an NFB-10SE and ATI stereo amp.

If that price point is to high then take a look at NFB-5 and Emotiva mini-X a-100.

Either setup will best your current DAC and Marantz sr6005 by some margin!

If you seriously are considering upgrading I'd also take a look at the Sierra 1 or even the CBM-170s and both are IMHO a better loudspeaker than the Haydns.

To be brutally honest IMHO you'd be better off keeping your amp and transport and selling off the Haydns for Sierra 1s. You will achieve better fidelity increases than the other route.

If you purchased the grands due to the finish I can tell you the Sierra 1s finish is even more impressive.
post #7 of 25 Old 01-30-2012, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid-State View Post

indianguyinny24 You have a decent enough $1000 bookself in those Haydn Grands though they don't offer a flat response but have that British sound/FR.

www.audio-gd.com

Looks interesting will take a look...reason i took peachtree after reading review i was pleasent surprised...

Quote:

I've never heard the Marantz ma500 but considering they retailed for a grand a channel at one point and many many people are selling them off used for as little as $120 bucks a channel it seriously suggests it's not a very good amp.

If that price point is to high then take a look at NFB-5 and Emotiva mini-X a-100.

Right now i am using sr6005 zone 2 to run my speaker thats why i had to get out the zone 2 ..want to keep 6005 only for home theater...about ma500 i will see how it looks around...i got it for like less then 100$ each so i can flip it if not like them..rest will look for ATI...

Quote:

If you seriously are considering upgrading I'd also take a look at the Sierra 1 or even the CBM-170s and both are IMHO a better loudspeaker than the Haydns.

To be brutally honest IMHO you'd be better off keeping your amp and transport and selling off the Haydns for Sierra 1s. You will achieve better fidelity increases than the other route.

If you purchased the grands due to the finish I can tell you the Sierra 1s finish is even more impressive.

This part i looked around and if i am not wrong ...and if i may question you...all the both speaker cost way less then Haydn(BTW i got the haydn for less then 500$)..and you think it has better response then Haydn...i will see if i can demo these pairs somewhere before i change my current setup...

Thanks for the input though..

V
post #8 of 25 Old 01-30-2012, 08:22 AM

Hi Solid-State,

Having a flat frequency response is not the design goal. Making a product that people actually enjoy listening to is. Designing a flat response is not particularly difficult and is of value if you listen in an anechoic chamber. Put that same speaker in a real room and the ball game changes entirely.

Best,

Patrick Butler

Quote:

www.audio-gd.com

post #9 of 25 Old 01-30-2012, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Hi Solid-State,

Having a flat frequency response is not the design goal. Making a product that people actually enjoy listening to is. Designing a flat response is not particularly difficult and is of value if you listen in an anechoic chamber. Put that same speaker in a real room and the ball game changes entirely.

Best,

Patrick Butler

Point well noted...

Thanks
V
post #10 of 25 Old 01-30-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:

Hi Solid-State,

Best,

Patrick Butler

Thanks for the response Patrick regarding Vienna's design principles. If that is your loudspeaker design logic I have nothing to say other than I respectfully disagree with it as does Dr. Toole and many MANY others. This is not to say it's right or wrong or that your loudspeaker design is poor.

I'm curious if that also means you Patrick and Vienna don't believe in room correction VIA DSP EQing as it's goal is to create a flat in-room response.

Is Trinov, Audyssey and TacT's Dr. Radomir Bozovic wrong or nuts putting so much effort into RC !?!

Considering room response varies based on well... THE ROOM how can you be certain you loudspeaker "colouring" isn't going to push the response in the wrong direction detrimental to that particular room's response?

Also is it not also possible to add this "colouring" to taste via EQing?

Please expand Patrick the design principles and reasoning behind Vienna Acoustics designs and purposeful uneven response and how this better serves the listener. Those design principles were very common in .EU in the late 70s and 80s but I thought everyone involved in loudspeaker design had read Dr. Tooles most famous white papers.

http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Reproduc...tt_at_ep_dpt_1

Is well worth a read and is a summary of many years of Dr. Tooles extensive research into acoustics, psychoacoustics and loudspeaker design.
post #11 of 25 Old 01-30-2012, 03:16 PM

Hi Solid State,

There are two camps in the transducer world. Those who believe that only certain measurements matter (objectivist), and those who believe that the objectivist camp is the point of disembarkation.

The first group would be companies like YG Acoustics. They pour awesome resources into designing their products. And if all they hold dear in loudspeaker design were all that was relevant, everyone with the means would buy their designs. This is not the case.

The later group says yes, science is a great starting point. However, our ears do not necessarily have the same priorities as test instrumentation, and at some time one has to listen and ask "is this of value." We are in this camp.

Once you throw a speaker in a room- all bets are off. The very linear design that you have created has met with the enemy (or partner)- the room. We all know how battle plans work at this point. Crumple. Toss. We have the luxury of the Musikverein in our backyard and are not limited to visiting once a year to reconnect to how music actually sounds.

Where do we come from? First we measure. Then we listen. When the ear calls b.s., we trust the ear and not the measurement. Millions of years of evolution got the species this far. We also have the

Room correction is a fabulous idea still in its infancy. I've heard great demonstrations as to what it is capable of doing, and it is indeed remarkable. Does it sound good? No.

As an aside, even Mr. Toole admitted to putting a small depression in the most recent iteration of his crossover for the Orion to get it to sound right. That still makes him a great engineer.

Best,

Patrick

Quote:

Thanks for the response Patrick regarding Vienna's design principles. If that is your loudspeaker design logic I have nothing to say other than I respectfully disagree with it as does Dr. Toole and many MANY others. This is not to say it's right or wrong or that your loudspeaker design is poor.

I'm curious if that also means you Patrick and Vienna don't believe in room correction VIA DSP EQing as it's goal is to create a flat in-room response.

Is Trinov, Audyssey and TacT's Dr. Radomir Bozovic wrong or nuts putting so much effort into RC !?!

Considering room response varies based on well... THE ROOM how can you be certain you loudspeaker "colouring" isn't going to push the response in the wrong direction detrimental to that particular room response?

Also is it not also possible to add this "colouring" to taste via EQing?

Please expand Patrick the design principles and reasoning behind Vienna Acoustics designs and purposeful uneven response and how this better serves the listener. Those design principles were very common in .EU in the late 70s and 80s but I thought everyone involved in loudspeaker design had read Dr. Tooles most famous white papers.

http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Reproduc...tt_at_ep_dpt_1

Is well worth a read and is a summary of many years of Dr. Tooles extensive research into acoustics and psychoacoustics.

post #12 of 25 Old 01-30-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:

Point well noted...

Thanks
V

indianguyinny24

http://www.stereomojo.com/REVIEWS.htm

Danie Ritchie of GR Research has also tested this speaker and came away with the same results/beliefs.
post #13 of 25 Old 01-30-2012, 03:21 PM

Who?

Quote:

indianguyinny24

http://www.stereomojo.com/REVIEWS.htm

Danie Ritchie of GR Research has also tested this speaker and came away with the same results/beliefs.

post #14 of 25 Old 01-30-2012, 03:50 PM

These plots are entirely engineered meaning done on PURPOSE !?!

Lets just face it this conversation is totally pointless. It's apart of your linecard so it's obvious your totally biased.

Thank's for taking the time to even comment in this thread. I wish to do no harm to Vienna Acoustics and I'm just responding with my beliefs and some facts.
post #15 of 25 Old 01-30-2012, 05:30 PM

Hi Solid State,

I'll do you one better. A review from a pair actually obtained from the distributor. Take a look at the anechoic measurements of our Mozart Grand SE at the NRC facility in Canada done by Doug Schneider at Soundstage.

Doug is a pro running a real operation. We have given him no money for advertising, nor have we promised any. Here is the link to the review:
http://www.soundstage.com/index.php?...e-loudspeakers

In light of the above comments, how do the anechoic measurements reconcile with what Doug heard both in his home and at the Montreal Show in 2011?

There are a couple of obvious conclusions.
1. Doug is on the take
2. Doug can't hear
3. The measurements tell part of the story.

The first is obviously false, especially in light of his strong objectivist credentials. The second only makes sense if he heard speakers that measure very well (his Revels) and did not like them (also false- he bought the Revels.) The third is the only explanation that makes any sense, as nobody listens in an anechoic or quasi-anechoic environment.

Believe what you want. I'll give you one nugget of truth gained from many customers, many systems and many years. If you believe that the measurements are all you need to know what you will hear (or what pleases you), you've just bought into the first of many heartbreaks.

Best wishes,

Patrick

Added bonus. Here is a review of the Haydn Grand by Stereo magazine out of Germany. These folks are hard-core objectivists. You'll notice that the measurements are not the same as Stero Mojo's. Why is that?
http://www.vienna-acoustics.com/revi..._Stereo_DE.pdf

Also a review of the same speaker in HiFi World. http://www.vienna-acoustics.com/revi...ANDHFW6-08.pdf

All different frequency response measurements. Will the real Haydn Grand please step forward.
Quote:

These plots are entirely engineered meaning done on PURPOSE !?!

Lets just face it this conversation is totally pointless. It's apart of your linecard so it's obvious your totally biased.

Thank's for taking the time to even comment in this thread. I wish to do no harm to Vienna Acoustics and I'm just responding with my beliefs and some facts.

post #16 of 25 Old 01-30-2012, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Hi Solid State,

I'll do you one better. A review from a pair actually obtained from the distributor. Take a look at the anechoic measurements of our Mozart Grand SE at the NRC facility in Canada done by Doug Schneider at Soundstage.

Doug is a pro running a real operation. We have given him no money for advertising, nor have we promised any. Here is the link to the review:
http://www.soundstage.com/index.php?...e-loudspeakers

In light of the above comments, how do the anechoic measurements reconcile with what Doug heard both in his home and at the Montreal Show in 2011?

There are a couple of obvious conclusions.
1. Doug is on the take
2. Doug can't hear
3. The measurements tell part of the story.

The first is obviously false, especially in light of his strong objectivist credentials. The second only makes sense if he heard speakers that measure very well (his Revels) and did not like them (also false- he bought the Revels.) The third is the only explanation that makes any sense, as nobody listens in an anechoic or quasi-anechoic environment.

Believe what you want. I'll give you one nugget of truth gained from many customers, many systems and many years. If you believe that the measurements are all you need to know what you will hear (or what pleases you), you've just bought into the first of many heartbreaks.

Best wishes,

Patrick

Added bonus. Here is a review of the Haydn Grand by Stereo magazine out of Germany. These folks are hard-core objectivists. You'll notice that the measurements are not the same as Stero Mojo's. Why is that?
http://www.vienna-acoustics.com/revi..._Stereo_DE.pdf

Thank you for input...

for what is worth i love my VA haydn...i moved from waltz grand to Haydn...so far i am here on that...

V
post #17 of 25 Old 01-30-2012, 05:50 PM

Hi V,

That's awesome. There is nothing better in audio than finding what you love.

Best wishes,

Patrick

Quote:

Thank you for input...

for what is worth i love my VA haydn...i moved from waltz grand to Haydn...so far i am here on that...

V

post #18 of 25 Old 01-30-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:

Thank you for input...

V

That's fantastic and all that matters!

The port/tweeter array is very ingenious though I don't understand what benefits it would bring. What material is the cone made of? Every design element is obviously done on purpose. The build quality and care in manufacture is very apparent. I will give the line a revisit when I'm in the city with a dealer. I'm not in the market for bookshelves and I know what loudspeakers I'm getting next but I'd still love to hear some of my fav tracks on them.
post #19 of 25 Old 01-31-2012, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Well, I would just take the analog output from the computer and feed it into an amplifier and hook the amplifier to the speakers. Just get a cable that has the 3.5mm stereo plug on one end and RCAs on the other.

Most computers have Realtek AC93 codecs, which are 16-bit, either on the motherboard or soundcard, and it works just fine. I feed mine to Audioengine A2 speakers, which are pretty good, and have also tried feeding it to my expensive electronics and speakers, and it is surprisingly good. It's not as good as my $6000 Ayre C5xe/mp SACD player, but then not much is.

It really depends more on how good the CD/DVD drive is in the computer, if that is your upload mechanism. Other sources obviously vary in quality also.

I have a Theta DS Pro Basic 3 DAC, which cost over $2000, and the sound using it is not really much different from what comes right out of that little 3.5 mm stereo jack on the computer. The Theta is a little better; not much.

I have a $25,000 high-end system in my living room at one house, so I am not someone who is easy to please.

To drive those speakers, I strongly recommend what I am using in my big system; the Bryston 3B-SST amplifier, which runs about $4000 now. I am using it in my big system with an Audio Research LS-26 preamp and Vandersteen 3A speakers and subs, and the sound is to die for. No compromises there whatsoever. Another great amplifier is the Musical Fidelity M3i for $1500; very very good for the price.

If you REALLY want a great DAC, you could do worse than a Theta DS Pro Basic 3 or 2, which cost $1500-2500 new, but can be found for under $700 used sometimes.

All this chat about the Vienna Haydn Grand is kind of dumb, since the OP likes them and is going to use them. If you ask me, they are very good-sounding; every bit the equal of the Sierra 1, which I have listened to a LOT (at a friend's house), and find reasonably good-sounding but IMO somewhat overpriced. at $900, they are only the equal of the PSB Image B6 and other speakers in the $500-600 range.

Audio Research makes an excellent tube integrated amplifier for $4500, if someone is into tube power amps.

Quote:

Hi all.

So after lot of runing around i found a nice pair of Vienna acoustics Haydn grand and so far for my listening it has beaten my old pair of Vienna acoustics waltz grand in good level...

Now i am running this with Nuforce Usb DAC2....i thought it deserve a better upgrade and it was time for me to upgrade the DAC..

So right now i am in middle of either buying Peachtree Decco2 or Music hall 25.3...

any recomendations..

Also what kinda amp you guys refer for this speakers...right now i am getting Marantz MA 500 Mono amp...

so this is the current setup...

PC->Nuforce Usb2 DAC->Marant sr6005 (as amp) -> Vienna acoustics Haydn

future

PC->peachtree decco2 or musica hall 25.3 ->Marantz ma500 (2X)-> Vienna acoustics Haydn

much more future i might be moving towards Yaqin Tube amplifier...(cheapest one to start the tube world in )..in that respect i was thinking to keep 25.3 and change the tubes and then i have preamp as tube and then add yaqin as amplifier later too..

Any recommendation or suggestion you guys suggest....

V

post #20 of 25 Old 01-31-2012, 06:54 PM

Hi Solid-State,

In a smaller speaker with higher frequency port tuning there is musical information coming out of the port. Launching that information off the front baffle gives you greater coherency because of integration between the port, tweeter and mid-bass driver. This particular port also cuts down turbulence by 12db over a conventional port, and does not necessitate offsetting the tweeter to make room for the port, which introduces its own set of headaches.

The cone material is called X3P, which is made of TPX, polypropylene and a 3rd polymer. This particular formulation gives us the ideal balance of low mass, rigidity and inner damping. The cones are cast in Austria and then sent to our driver partners in Norway or Germany depending on the design. We've been working on the formulation since the mid 90's.

There are lots of choices in materials- aluminum, polypropylene, ceramic, titanium, carbon fiber, aerogel, paper etc. All of them have strengths and weaknesses. The key is to have the proper balance of weight, rigidity and damping so that you do no have to resort to additional filters in the crossover to deal with inadequacies of the cone material. The more you learn- the more complicated it becomes.

Best wishes,

Patrick

Quote:

That's fantastic and all that matters!

The port/tweeter array is very ingenious though I don't understand what benefits it would bring. What material is the cone made of? Every design element is obviously done on purpose. The build quality and care in manufacture is very apparent. I will give the line a revisit when I'm in the city with a dealer. I'm not in the market for bookshelves and I know what loudspeakers I'm getting next but I'd still love to hear some of my fav tracks on them.

post #21 of 25 Old 02-02-2012, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman View Post

Well, I would just take the analog output from the computer and feed it into an amplifier and hook the amplifier to the speakers. Just get a cable that has the 3.5mm stereo plug on one end and RCAs on the other.

Most computers have Realtek AC93 codecs, which are 16-bit, either on the motherboard or soundcard, and it works just fine. I feed mine to Audioengine A2 speakers, which are pretty good, and have also tried feeding it to my expensive electronics and speakers, and it is surprisingly good. It's not as good as my $6000 Ayre C5xe/mp SACD player, but then not much is.

It really depends more on how good the CD/DVD drive is in the computer, if that is your upload mechanism. Other sources obviously vary in quality also.

I have a Theta DS Pro Basic 3 DAC, which cost over $2000, and the sound using it is not really much different from what comes right out of that little 3.5 mm stereo jack on the computer. The Theta is a little better; not much.

I have a $25,000 high-end system in my living room at one house, so I am not someone who is easy to please.

To drive those speakers, I strongly recommend what I am using in my big system; the Bryston 3B-SST amplifier, which runs about $4000 now. I am using it in my big system with an Audio Research LS-26 preamp and Vandersteen 3A speakers and subs, and the sound is to die for. No compromises there whatsoever. Another great amplifier is the Musical Fidelity M3i for $1500; very very good for the price.

If you REALLY want a great DAC, you could do worse than a Theta DS Pro Basic 3 or 2, which cost $1500-2500 new, but can be found for under $700 used sometimes.

All this chat about the Vienna Haydn Grand is kind of dumb, since the OP likes them and is going to use them. If you ask me, they are very good-sounding; every bit the equal of the Sierra 1, which I have listened to a LOT (at a friend's house), and find reasonably good-sounding but IMO somewhat overpriced. at $900, they are only the equal of the PSB Image B6 and other speakers in the $500-600 range.

Audio Research makes an excellent tube integrated amplifier for $4500, if someone is into tube power amps.

Thank you for the input...i am sure i gonna try your suggestion...so according to you the best bet is

PC->THeta DAC-> Bryston or musical fidelity AMp ->VA haydn...

Thanks that is good to know would love to hear from you more...

V
post #22 of 25 Old 02-20-2012, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Thank you for the input...i am sure i gonna try your suggestion...so according to you the best bet is

PC->THeta DAC-> Bryston or musical fidelity AMp ->VA haydn...

Thanks that is good to know would love to hear from you more...

V

So i have the current setup now

PC->Peachtree decco2(preamp)->Yaqin MS-34d(amp) ->VA haydn...

I am definately missing the lows...can anyone recomend a subwoofer....the Haydn goes to 42hz as most low...also where do i put wubwoofer..

PC->Peachtree decco2(preamp)->subwoofer ->Yaqin MS-34d(amp) ->VA haydn...

Thanks
V
post #23 of 25 Old 02-21-2012, 10:37 AM

Hi,

I'd recommend REL's subwoofers. They can integrate successfully with Haydn, and I would recommend a corner just as long as it is not too far away.

Cheers,

Patrick

Quote:

So i have the current setup now

PC->Peachtree decco2(preamp)->Yaqin MS-34d(amp) ->VA haydn...

I am definately missing the lows...can anyone recomend a subwoofer....the Haydn goes to 42hz as most low...also where do i put wubwoofer..

PC->Peachtree decco2(preamp)->subwoofer ->Yaqin MS-34d(amp) ->VA haydn...

Thanks
V

post #24 of 25 Old 02-21-2012, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Hi,

I'd recommend REL's subwoofers. They can integrate successfully with Haydn, and I would recommend a corner just as long as it is not too far away.

Cheers,

Patrick

any idea how much they go for..

V
post #25 of 25 Old 02-21-2012, 07:07 PM

Liked: 37
I second Patrick's opinion about REL. I have a REL T1 to support my Bach Grands and love it. Here is a very musical sub that does exactly what it is advertised to do - intergrate seamlessly with your 2 channel HI FI system to provide sub-bass support for your L/R mains via use of the unique Speakon cable they provide. Once properly dialed in, it will provide clean, tight bass hits to keep up with your favorite music.

Like most manufacturers, REL has different ranges of subwoofers (they actually call them sub-bass systems) and the T series is their entry level range. These are priced right to be used with the Vienna Concert Grand series and are also available in two colors, Cherry (a tad darker than VA cherry though) and Black.

Check out www.vanns.com for some very good pricing on the T series. Good luck.

Parasound 5125, Parasound 2100, Pro-ject RM 5.1SE, Dynavector 10x5, Pro-ject Phono Box S, Pro-ject Speed Box II, Arcam FMJ CD17, Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Pioneer Elite BDP-52FD, Vienna Acoustics Bach Grands, Vienna Acoustics Theatro Grand, Wharfedale Diamond 9.2s, REL T-1 & Panasonic TC-P54S1
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page