Best room EQ? value? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-22-2012, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think I'd like to play with a good room EQ equipped receiver. I'll have 2 mains and 2 subs - so I suppose most of the work will be with smoothing the bass response. 99% of the usage will be music, of many styles. I like listening quite loud, but I am frequently forced to listen at lower volume as well.

I know nothing about current competing room EQ products. Audyssey and Yamaha seem popular, but different. There's also the Sherwood R972. So if I want something with decent power for 2 channels (subs will be powered), outputs for subs, and good options/processing/management for bass, what would folks recommend?

Full disclosure - I am firmly in the Richard Clark 'properly engineered amps are indistinguishable' camp. But I also favor products that last, so reliability is important to me.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-22-2012, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There are many options, start your search with Harman Kardon hk-990 and NAD C390 DD
post #3 of 4 Old 03-22-2012, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Audyssey has never worked well for me, whereas Anthem's ARC has, so I would look there. The Trinnov in the Sherwood is also supposed to be very good, but the units themselves may be a bit buggy.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-22-2012, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
The Denon 4311 seems a rounded choice as a first shot, you get MultiEQ XT32, good power output, and it isn't absurdly expensive (some stand-alone processors, like the Trinnov machines or the McIntosh/Lyngdorf processor cost more by themselves); if you're unhappy with the results it shouldn't be impossible to resell or return. If you really want to play with DSP, I'd consider either setting up the DSX options on the Denon, or going with the top-tier Yamaha units and CinemaDSP.
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page