SIRIUS radio on Integra DTM 5.9? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-12-2012, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone,

The reason why I believe my questions belong in this section because if it could be done then we might be dealing with setup as in the programming as for XM stations, and the DTM 5.9 is 2 channel. Please correct me if I'm in the wrong section.

Anyway, on-topic: I just received my new stereo yesterday, and the guy hooked it up for me. It's the Integra DTM 5.9 with a pair of B&W 686 speakers. I was too exciting too ask him, and plus I would feel to call because he drove about an hour away which was nice of him to come out here. I noticed my receiver has the XM, or SIRIUS, or whatever it's called. Do I need to pay to get those stations to listen too? Or do I need some additional equipment? Or is it a matter where it's there and it needs programming? Or how does it work? I was hoping I don't need to pay, and I could program it.

Thank you everyone,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2012, 04:55 PM

Liked: 11
Hello php111, looks like your receiver is satellite ready which means you will have to purchase an additional piece of equipment to allow you to listen to that service. Once that is done you will have to have a subscription to listen to the XM/Sirius programming. here is a link to the site which will help you in your search. https://care.siriusxm.com/login_view.action
Old 06-12-2012, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Hi HiDef Lover,

Thank you for your help. I don't think I can purchase that, so I probably won't be able to listen to it. Sorry about that. Would there be other free options to the XM, but maybe it would need some sort of programming?
Old 06-14-2012, 03:45 PM

Liked: 11
To my knowledge no. The only free service I know of is either thru your home service like Cox/DirectV or Dish Network they have music channels that you can listen to routed thru your receiver. Another way to do it maybe is to have some sort of media device like a home theater PC that can go online and you can use a service like Pandora to listen to music or talk radio.