Wireless Headphones sub 300$? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-02-2012, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not sure if this is the right section, but I need some wireless headphones and although I've done some research by myself, I am still very unsure. As a buyer I need to know that what I'm getting is the best bang for my buck. Some headphones I've come across were Sennheiser RS 180's, Sony MDR-DS6500's, and AKG K 840 KL's. I'm sure there are others, feel free to recommend anything under 300$. I will be using them mostly for music/movies, and casual gaming. I'm really no expert when it comes to buying high-end audio equipment, help me out guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-02-2012, 01:24 PM

Liked: 11
I am no expert, but I do know that the experts might want to know how you are powering the headphones... on-board sound? External Amp? etc.

I personally own the Sennheiser HD 558's and I love them, however I have no technical facts for you... just that they sound great! smile.gif
post #3 of 4 Old 08-02-2012, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I would get a wired pair if I could, but my situation requires something wireless. The HD 558's are wired frown.gif . And I was planning on just hooking them up to my computer/TV, can I not do that?
post #4 of 4 Old 08-03-2012, 02:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuyler View Post

Not sure if this is the right section, but I need some wireless headphones and although I've done some research by myself, I am still very unsure. As a buyer I need to know that what I'm getting is the best bang for my buck. Some headphones I've come across were Sennheiser RS 180's, Sony MDR-DS6500's, and AKG K 840 KL's. I'm sure there are others, feel free to recommend anything under 300$. I will be using them mostly for music/movies, and casual gaming. I'm really no expert when it comes to buying high-end audio equipment, help me out guys!

I am very pleased with my RS-160s. Their most noticable shortcomings are their limited distance capability which is more than enough for a large listening room, but not the whole house.

I'm not totally pleased with their tone (HD 600s or even 280s they are not), but I have an 1/3 octave equalizer to throw in stream with them. They have their own signal path including DAC.
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page