My new DAC - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-10-2012, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Since I don't have the money to get a PURE Ipod dock yet or a Squeeze box touch, I thought I'd be creative. I had a Presonus USB AudioBox sitting on my desk going unused, so I decided to hook it up to one of the inputs on my stereo. This allows me to take stream my Apple Lossless files to my laptop via my wireless network and then use the Presonus Audiobox to convert it to analog and send it to my stereo. Here's the Audiobox. What do you guys think of this configuration?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-11-2012, 01:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 674 Post(s)
Liked: 1142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaked05 View Post

Since I don't have the money to get a PURE Ipod dock yet or a Squeeze box touch, I thought I'd be creative. I had a Presonus USB AudioBox sitting on my desk going unused, so I decided to hook it up to one of the inputs on my stereo. This allows me to take stream my Apple Lossless files to my laptop via my wireless network and then use the Presonus Audiobox to convert it to analog and send it to my stereo. Here's the Audiobox. What do you guys think of this configuration?

Not too much seems to be known about the technical performance of the Presonus USB AudioBox, but what little sketchy information I can put together from independent sources seems OK. The path seems a little convoluted and ties up the laptop, but if you can live with that and there are no clicks and pops, then enjoy!
post #3 of 4 Old 08-12-2012, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 25
I am very pleased with the sound of this set up. It definitely is a little inconvenient and I'll be saving up for the Logitech Squeezebox Touch. But until then, I am very happy with this.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-13-2012, 07:11 PM
ap1
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaked05 View Post

I am very pleased with the sound of this set up. It definitely is a little inconvenient and I'll be saving up for the Logitech Squeezebox Touch. But until then, I am very happy with this.

The best combination is Squezeebox and a tablet (either Android based or iPad). I love to choose what I want to listen from my media library without living a sofa.
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page