D'Agostino 2-Channel Monument Amp - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-12-2012, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 36
This past Thursday I was at a local dealers shop checking out some used vinyl that they sell as a side business when Dan D'Agostino came in w/a new 2-Channel Monument amp. A salesman and Mr. D'Agostino set the amp up in the high end room. The amp was hooked up to a pair of $40,000 Zellaton speakers and the CD player was connected to a Briscasti DAC. The music was really fantastic. I've heard the Zellatons w/other amps they have in the shop but the bass always seemed to lack detail. W/this amp the speakers were detailed at the top and the bottom was tuneful and tight. I got to talk to him for about 10 minutes and he showed me a picture of his new preamp. It has 2 tone controls on the right, 6 inputs on the left w/2 outputs. The Volume control in the middle has the same look as the meters on the amp. He said it should be out in a couple of months. He also said a phon preamp and a digital music server are in the works sometime next year. Turned out to be an intresting visit and kind of fun to listen to some gear you only usually read about. Bought a Mgabucks ticket this weekend but no luck.smile.gif
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page