Looking for Recomendations - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-02-2012, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It is time to upgrade. For the last 30 or so years I have been listening to my vinyl via: Sony Turntable, unknown cartridge, Hafler Pre-amp, Hafler Amp, to Roger Soundlabs Studio Monitor speakers. The best I could afford at 20 and lots of fun wiring the Hafler equipment that I bought as a kit.

Anyway, I am looking to upgrade because I have wanted to for a while.

If you had $10K to spend, what would you get? I am just starting my search. I am only looking to play vinyl (so turntable to speakers). I play my digital through my HT system.

Also I need recommendations for stores in or near Orange County, CA to demo equipment. I am planning to make a trip to Upscale Audio in Upland next week as a start. I am hoping to find a store that will allow in home demo once I have narrowed my choices at the store (Do stores still do that?).

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-02-2012, 11:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Being your looking for strictly a TT system you may want to investigate a classic tube setup. I would check out the Primaluna Prologue Premium integrated. A VPI Classic 1 TT w/a Benz Micro Ace S MC cart. Add a Manley Chinook phono and Nola Contender speakers. The Nolas are very efficient 90db at 8 ohms w/means the Primaluna will have no trouble handling the speakers. Kevin Deal at Upscale Audio is the national distributor for Primaluna so he can give you a pretty detailed description of the product. I checked out the Upscale sight and all the above products are available there.smile.gif
Reply 2-Channel Audio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page