Wiring 3 In-Ceiling Speakers to a 2x120 Watt Amplifier - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-03-2012, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I need some advice on wiring three in-ceiling speakers to a 2 channel amplifier in my small 1BR apartment. There is one speaker in the bathroom, 1 in the kitchen, and 1 in the bedroom, and all 3 have been pre-installed with separate volume controls in each room before I moved in. There is an iPod dock pre-installed on the wall in the kitchen as well, and now I need to figure out the best way to power the speakers and play music from the iPod dock.

I bought the Pyle Home PTAU45 Mini 2x120 Watt Stereo Power Amplifier with USB/CD/AUX Inputs, and I have tested each of the 3 pre-wired speakers separately with the amp and they all sound ok. I'm not exactly an electrical engineer, so I have no idea how I should go about wiring the 3 speakers to the amp to get the best results.

I tried browsing through the forums, but I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with threads about wiring in series vs. parallel, and a lot of talk about ohms and it's all going over my head. I don't need these speakers to be super loud, as they will only be used for casual music listening while making dinner or while taking a shower, etc. I have a 7 channel home theater setup for my normal everyday needs. Can someone help me out?

Thanks,
Tom
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page