2 Channel Setup for Mostly Music - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 34 Old 11-19-2012, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yea I have a couple of those cords. I'm going to try a bunch of different types of music on the setup once I get some better speakers in here. I already know I will just hate it on these speakers. I have some Focal test CDs that I'm itching to try out in here.

I went ahead and ordered the Polk M60s for 200 shipped from the egg since that deal ends today. I will probably call my dad up tomorrow and see if he's interested in new towers and order the BAs too and see which ones I prefer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 11-19-2012, 10:31 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post

below extreme head-banging levels.

truth because those tiny speakers are made to match with a mono output subwoofer that will fill the room as well as the midrange and tweeter will.
kinda like a flooded dance by a 12 inch woofer .. a twirly ribbon from a 6.25 inch midrange .. and a light emitting diode from the tweeter.
quite the rave to simply seperate the bass into seperate twirly ribbons in a flood without wanting to use the neck vertabra in your brains consciousness (if even only for LEFT and RIGHT ?? hi sad really).

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post

For me, the Boston CS speakers are on a higher level performace wise.

see..
this is good, it looks like the person said the speakers sound notched up higher with the voice coil wind.
that way people could get the ring of the room to match the speaker better.
and if they wanted to seperate from how most people want to match the two rings, then with the menu they could.

you want it one of two ways:
1. it fills up the entire room and you cant find the speaker
2. the whole room doesnt fill up with audio and it glows like a little candle,.. of the shape on the spatial image processor POURING out of the speaker like a blanket of water (not some ring of dust)

otherwise i need to 'four me' and pin you to why you said one thing without saying if the high or low is something you have at home.
i mean any person in hiding can open the closet and show a picture of the box.
post #33 of 34 Old 11-24-2012, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Figured I would upgrade this thread for anyone interested.

I went ahead and ordered both the Polk Monitor 60 set as well as The Boston Acoustics CS260 II set.

The reviews I had read online were spot on about the Polks being brighter, but I disagree when people say they are fatiguing. I actually prefer the brighter polk tweeters when it comes to movies and they don't really bother me on music.

As far as the Boston Acoustics towers, the tweeter is noticeably more subdued from low volume all the way up to full tilt. I also noticed the Boston Acoustics towers offered much more for a person who prefers a laidback type sound. They also seem to be a little less efficient than the Polks. This isn't really a blessing or a curse to me. All it means to me is that I can get the volume knob a little higher on the Boston speakers before I get audible distortion; but, at a lower volume setting the Polks are already just as loud. In my opinion, though, the Bostons really benefit from the amp while the Polks could maybe be used straight from a receiver.

At lower volumes, the Boston towers seem to have more low end to them; but its really hard to tell once you really crank it up. The Bostons seem to have a more smooth type bass while the Polks seem to be a little tighter and punchy in the lows. Neither speaker extends very low, but I wasn't expecting them to. Both, do, however at least play below 30hz just with no where near the same authority as about 50hz and up. You can tell the notes are there though. (Slightly more so with the Bostons) biggrin.gif

I really think that if I had to listen to the speakers right out of the box, with no type of EQ or anything, I would probably stick with the Polks, but given an EQ, I think the Bostons could surpass them with some slight tweaks. I almost feel like the more laidback Bostons belong in a bedroom while the brighter more "in-your-face" Polks belong in a den or living room. wink.gif
post #34 of 34 Old 11-24-2012, 01:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 461
^^^^Thanks for checking back in.

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List