YAQIN King 2A3 MS-2A3 or YAQIN MS-300C confused - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-04-2012, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am interested to buy one of these amplifiers either the YAQIN King 2A3 MS-2A3 or YAQIN MS-300C .
I am new to valve amps and do not really understand the difference I am not concerned to much about
power but just good sound quality, so would either be much the same in this respect ? I have no speakers
as yet but understand that I would need a different speaker type for each unit.

Thanks Mark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-04-2012, 05:05 PM

Liked: 19
The MS-300C is a single-ended triode amp. The MS-2A3 is a push-pull amp, also using DHT's (direct heated triodes). Which type you prefer is rather subjective.
A couple of entertaining reads on the subject:
Read this first!
Then This.

Not a lot of tube love in this forum bro, so be prepared....
post #3 of 3 Old 12-06-2012, 01:01 PM

Liked: 35
Before you spend money on a tube amp that acts as a processor, try an actual processor. I would suggest a BBE Sonic Maximizer. These gizmos alter how your system reproduces transients (via phase shifts and and relatively simple dynamic eq- it acts somewhat like an aural exciter), differently than a clipping SET amp for sure, but subjectively it's rather similar, surprisingly enough. It can also boost the lows and highs, similarly to how a high output impedance amp will interact with speakers. Pick up one of those for <$30 used or about $80 new at your local Guitar Center and throw it in a tape loop. Turn the 'lo contour' and 'process' knobs to about 11 o'clock, put on some music, and enjoy the resulting phat, punchy bass, sparkly highs, and image that seems to jump from your speakers. It's a striking facsimile of single-ended tube sound, without the limitations and expense. And you can turn it off whenever you wish.
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page