in-wall speaker suggestion - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-07-2012, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I've been browsing this forum on and off for years and finally joined now that I'm finally trying to sort out some sort of system for my house.

I have a set of NHT speakers for home theater/surround sound, but need to select a pair of in-walls for a separate zone, in the kitchen. The floor plan of our house is basically open, and about 1300 square feet. The house is about 25'x50' with the kitchen at the center of the 50' long wall. I planned for the zone 2 stereo speakers to be placed in the wall at the kitchen, where they would be facing and directed towards the 25' shorter distance.

Budget is a concern (I still need to find an amp for this entire system), and I was looking at either the Klipsch KL-6502-THX or Klipsch R-5502-W II. I haven't heard either though, so I'm open to suggestions. One thing I like about them is their relatively narrow width. I also seem to recall reading somewhere that Klipsch makes nice sounding speakers, but it seems that they might not be able to handle higher volumes as well.

Anyway......looking for some recommendations on in-wall speakers for good stereo sound. This will likely be the main music source for the entire house.

Thanks. Now off to find an amplifier.......... This stuff can be mind boggling for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-07-2012, 07:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked: 543
Look at the Boston VSi speakers here - Boston higher-end is good with music
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/BOSVSI555W2/BOSTON-ACOUSTICS-VSI-555W2-2-Way-Dual-5-1/2-Inch-In-Wall-LCR-Speaker/1.html

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/BOSVSI5835/BOSTON-ACOUSTICS-VSi-5835-3-Way-8-LCR-In-Wall-Speaker-Each/1.html

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
post #3 of 3 Old 12-26-2012, 10:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by arg617 View Post

Hello,
I've been browsing this forum on and off for years and finally joined now that I'm finally trying to sort out some sort of system for my house.
I have a set of NHT speakers for home theater/surround sound, but need to select a pair of in-walls for a separate zone, in the kitchen. The floor plan of our house is basically open, and about 1300 square feet. The house is about 25'x50' with the kitchen at the center of the 50' long wall. I planned for the zone 2 stereo speakers to be placed in the wall at the kitchen, where they would be facing and directed towards the 25' shorter distance.
Budget is a concern (I still need to find an amp for this entire system), and I was looking at either the Klipsch KL-6502-THX or Klipsch R-5502-W II. I haven't heard either though, so I'm open to suggestions. One thing I like about them is their relatively narrow width. I also seem to recall reading somewhere that Klipsch makes nice sounding speakers, but it seems that they might not be able to handle higher volumes as well.
Anyway......looking for some recommendations on in-wall speakers for good stereo sound. This will likely be the main music source for the entire house.
Thanks. Now off to find an amplifier.......... This stuff can be mind boggling for me.

Do you have a computer with iTunes installed? If so you may consider using an Apple Airport Express plugged into your existing home theater pre/pro-receiver. You'd then use zone 2 on your receiver for the kitchen speakers. You must have iTunes and a second zone on your receiver and a way of pulling speaker wire from your receiver to the future kitchen speaker location.
Reply 2-Channel Audio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page