Stereo Receiver or All-In-One System with HD Radio, DLNA, Wi-Fi, USB and Airplay? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-09-2013, 05:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking to replace one or two of the Arcam Solo Neo's that we have--one's in the kitchen (the one we definitely want to replace) and one's in my den.

We really like the Solo and its sound but we are considering something more "modern." It appears Arcam won't be updating the Solo for a couple of years and any new features, if any, are not known.

So we are looking for a stereo receiver or all-in-one system that has the following:

Need to have:
  • AM-FM/HD Radio
  • DLNA
  • Airplay
  • Wi-Fi
  • USB input for playback or, if needed, to enable Wi-Fi
  • Good sound or better

An all-in-one system that had a CD player would be nice to have but not a CD player is not essential. A smaller footprint (something not too much bigger than the Arcam Solo Neo) is also desirable. Speakers are not needed but would consider if an all-in-one came with them.

So far, the closest I can find to meet this is an Integra DTM-40.4 stereo receiver with its optional HD radio tuner and optional USB Wi-Fi dongle.

Any one know of any other options?

TIA. smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-09-2013, 05:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 674 Post(s)
Liked: 1142
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryWaz View Post

I'm looking to replace one or two of the Arcam Solo Neo's that we have--one's in the kitchen (the one we definitely want to replace) and one's in my den.

We really like the Solo and its sound but we are considering something more "modern." It appears Arcam won't be updating the Solo for a couple of years and any new features, if any, are not known.

So we are looking for a stereo receiver or all-in-one system that has the following:

Need to have:
  • AM-FM/HD Radio
  • DLNA
  • Airplay
  • Wi-Fi
  • USB input for playback or, if needed, to enable Wi-Fi
  • Good sound or better

An all-in-one system that had a CD player would be nice to have but not a CD player is not essential. A smaller footprint (something not too much bigger than the Arcam Solo Neo) is also desirable. Speakers are not needed but would consider if an all-in-one came with them.

So far, the closest I can find to meet this is an Integra DTM-40.4 stereo receiver with its optional HD radio tuner and optional USB Wi-Fi dongle.

Any one know of any other options?

Just guessing but I'll bet that you can get a 5.1 or 7.1 receiver with the same or better features and specs for a fraction of the price. It is a poorly-kept secret that if you tell a multichannel AVR that there are only 2 speakers it reconfigures itself into a very credible stereo receiver. The extra hardware hurts nothing and actually improves the price/performance because of economies inherent in high volume production and a more competitive market.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-10-2013, 04:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I think Denon (RCD-N7), Yamaha, Teac, Onkyo, Cambridge Audio (One+) and NAD makes networked mini systems that include CD players. Many of the Japanese AVR companies have products that will meet your requirements too although I am not sure how prevalent HD radio is in either set of examples.

This link should give you a good sampling of the former type of systems.

http://www.whathifi.com/reviews/all-in-one-systems/micro-and-style-systems
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page