Bridge 2 Adcoms to Adcom pre to MLogansArius - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-18-2013, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, Opinion needed and have 2 Adcom gfa -555 power amps. Actually 4 of them but using one and want to go to two. I want to use amps in bridged mode going to Adcom gtp-500 preamp and from there go to my Polk powered sub and then to my Magnaplanars Ribbons. So, it is a 2.1 system obviously. I'm currently using one as said but do want to use the both and use 1 amp per side. The sub connect allows the speaker wires to connect to itself and then goes out separatelty from there. I want to use one amp per side giving me according to Adcoms spec's 800w per channel. My question is, first of all yes I am going to use M. Logan Arius spkrs instead of the spks I'm using now which are the Mags. Anyway, Adcom says to hook up coming from the power amp ( use right channel only ) while hitting the bridge switch to bridged. Ok, got it, now lets hook up the left channel, do I again go to the right power but obviously go to the left side on preamp? Sounds like a no brainer but with all this power I don't want to take a chance and pop a skpr here as these are not cheap. Anybody follow this???? Please come back!! Thx, bobadcmlogn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-19-2013, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob800adcmlogn View Post

Ok, got it, now lets hook up the left channel, do I again go to the right power but obviously go to the left side on preamp?

Yup.

Just because there is a knob doesn't mean you should turn it.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-21-2013, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Hey, Thanks for the responses and replies.. Today ( this afternoon ) is the time I am going to find out whats what by going for it!! Any last words from anyone?????? I will post a picture soon of system once I know this is working ( bridging ) of my system and will help contribute to this forum when I can. I will probably have a few more questions as well. Funny,, I used to know without hesitation what I asked and to my delight, it's nice to know real people read these and chime in!! BRAVO !! Anyone know where or how I can get a rack or 2 from SAE or similiar? Thanks a bunch,, Bobby::
post #4 of 6 Old 01-22-2013, 05:01 PM

Hi Bob;
I know it is a couple of days late. But did you consider vertical bi-amping the Arius speakers, instead of using the amps bridged?

Joe

"Alcohol may be man’s worst enemy, but the Bible says love your enemy." Frank Sinatra
post #5 of 6 Old 01-22-2013, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

joe, Thx and no its not too late as I decided to dicomboble my whole system, slim it down, sell some as I have a ton and a half of great equipment in super shape that I'm not going to try for a home run in selling,passing this stuff to another. I have thought about your submission but not too much as I became tired of living in disaray !! Tell me your thoughts please and connection suggestions if you don't mind. I really thought briefly on this and maybe YOU can help me with the connects and benefits!! I'M ALL EARS !!!! Don't you know? Thanks my friend, Bobby.. PS. My equipment that I'm selling will start to appear on E-BAY I'm rwg365 as listed seller.!! Thanks Again!!
post #6 of 6 Old 01-22-2013, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

joe, Thx and no its not too late as I decided to dicomboble my whole system, slim it down, sell some as I have a ton and a half of great equipment in super shape that I'm not going to try for a home run in selling,passing this stuff to another. I have thought about your submission but not too much as I became tired of living in disaray !! Tell me your thoughts please and connection suggestions if you don't mind. I really thought briefly on this and maybe YOU can help me with the connects and benefits!! I'M ALL EARS !!!! Don't you know? Thanks my friend, Bobby.. PS. My equipment that I'm selling will start to appear on E-BAY I'm rwg365 as listed seller.!! Thanks Again!!
Reply 2-Channel Audio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page