Yamaha AX 596 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-20-2013, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello,
I have a Yamaha AX 596 hooked to a pair of Athena AS F2 towers,I listen to all my music from my computer, I realize this is far from audiophile equipment but it sounds pretty good to me,I read a forum where another dude had the same AX 596 hooked to his computer but he had it hooked in at the main inn on there Yamaha,.I tried this and OMG! the difference in sound blew me away.I could not believe what I have been missing all these years.the only thing i don't like is i have no control of the volume,treble,or bass I can control the volume with my computer but it's not to my liking,and there's no going back to the way it was.Can i buy a Pre amp and get the same results? the Yamaha has a Pure Direct switch that bypasses the bass and treble and what not but it sounds nothing like what im hearing now.Any suggestions on what i can do to get treble,bass and volume control without having to use the computer to do so.Someone told me i need a DAC but i have no clue what that even is,I'm not really up with all the modern audio stuff so any help would be very much appreciated. I also have a Yamaha 10 band EQ-70 graphic eq.but after hearing it the other way i disconnected it.it was kinda sketchy anyway.
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page