Karaoke Set up problems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-25-2013, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all
I'm newbie here and also very new to live audio. Please help me out with these situations.

I just purchased a set of QSC K10 to use with Phoenix 12 channels mixer with FX (bought 8 yrs ago) for home karaoke.

1. When I plug the music source (karaoke machine) into the stereo input of the mixer, although there is no signal of music from the machine (turned of the machine), there's still a hiss sound produce to the speakers whenever I have the fader control up. The only way to stop the hiss sound to the speaker is to turn down the fader. Please let me know if this is normal for all the mixer or is it something wrong with the mixer. I'm thinking it might be the RCA cable to produce noise. Should I try better quality RCA cable?

2. I also have a full band EQ unit and I would like to hook up into the mixer so it will sound better and easy adjust the feed back from microphone. However, I couldn't figure out how to do it. One way I can do is hooking up the karaoke machine to the EQ then from EQ to the stereo input of the mixer. However when doing that, I can only control the EQ on the music source, not the microphone from the mixer (Microphone XRL is hooked directly into mixer). Please let me know what is the best way to hook up the EQ so it will control both music input and microphone input?

Thanks all for the help
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page