2.1 cinema - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-30-2013, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello I am a person that likes clean, precise, spread out sound but dose not want wires running from here to there. Is it possible to get the very best clarity from just 2 channel audio as if i was using a full 5.1 system when I am watching a Blu ray movie?

Would you recommend these audio components below ?

This is the receiver >> http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-8050-Network-Stereo-Receiver/dp/B004UR486G/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1359523198&sr=1-2&keywords=onkyo+stereo+receiver[/URL]

These are the speakers>>> http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-RF-52-Reference-Floorstanding-Loudspeaker/dp/B0041578BE/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1359583074&sr=1-4&keywords=klipsch+speakers

This is the sub woofer>>> http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-RW12D-12-inch-Reference-Subwoofer/dp/B000UVWIO0/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1359583196&sr=1-2&keywords=klipsch+subwoofer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-30-2013, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli16 View Post

Hello I am a person that likes clean, precise, spread out sound but dose not want wires running from here to there. Is it possible to get the very best clarity from just 2 channel audio as if i was using a full 5.1 system when I am watching a Blu ray movie?

Would you recommend these audio components below ?

This is the receiver >> http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-8050-Network-Stereo-Receiver/dp/B004UR486G/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1359523198&sr=1-2&keywords=onkyo+stereo+receiver[/URL]

These are the speakers>>> http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-RF-52-Reference-Floorstanding-Loudspeaker/dp/B0041578BE/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1359583074&sr=1-4&keywords=klipsch+speakers

This is the sub woofer>>> http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-RW12D-12-inch-Reference-Subwoofer/dp/B000UVWIO0/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1359583196&sr=1-2&keywords=klipsch+subwoofer

There was a thread in the 2 channel section talking about 2.0 systems for home movies. Many responded they are happy with it. I do it as well and don't feel I'm missing anything in movies. You need speakers that have good horizontal dispersion because you'll be in effect running a phantom center channel mixed through your left and right mains. I wonder about klipsch and horn tweeters if they have good horizontal disperson? I would shop around. What is your budget?

I'd also consider an AVR instead of a stereo reciever. It has several advantages even for 2.1. The first of which is doing a better job of blending the sub and your mains. Room calibration. And I like audyssey dynamic volume for movies. That way at night you can not wake up the house with sound effects but have the volume loud enough for the dialogue. Hookup would be easier as well, One hdmi cable and one sub cable

Clarity has nothing to do with 2.1 vs 5.1. That's all in how much you want to spend in speakers. With the same towers and matching center and surrounds 5.1 and 2.0 will be of equal clarity and can both only be as clear as the quality of the speakers.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-30-2013, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 101
+1 for using an AVR vs stereo receiver. Bass management and room correction are found on nearly all AVRs regardless of price. For 2 channel bass management and room correction you'll need to spend sever thousand $'s.

When all else fails - RTFM!

♫♫♫ Two Channel Rules! ♫♫♫

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
post #4 of 6 Old 01-31-2013, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 256
I suggest that you consider setting up a 2.1 system using the Harmon-Kardon 3490 stereo receiver. It HAS a lot of the features that are typically not found in a stereo receiver.

It has an HONEST 120 watts per channel, subwoofer outputs, a phono preamp, and a whole list of features you can look at on their website or Amazon.

As for speakers, while the RF-52 is not bad if you can get a pair for say $500-600, there are much better sounding speakers for a bit more.

The Monitor Audio Bronze BX-5 is around $700 per pair, and far better-sounding IMO.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I have a 2.0 Audio Setup and started watching movies on it, sometimes the voices are a bit low and difficult to hear, Go with the AVR, addign a Center Channel does not involved a lot of wires, plus you can add rears if you decide to add more wires to the room:D
post #6 of 6 Old 02-04-2013, 04:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by qguy View Post

I have a 2.0 Audio Setup and started watching movies on it, sometimes the voices are a bit low and difficult to hear, Go with the AVR, addign a Center Channel does not involved a lot of wires, plus you can add rears if you decide to add more wires to the room:D

If you are using an AVR use audyssey dynamic volume evening. The dialoge will be easier to hear.
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page