Need a 2.1 system for my dorm - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 38 Old 02-15-2013, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
grasshoppers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: aridzona
Posts: 1,418
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher50 View Post

accessories4less is a authorized denon dealer and it comes with a one year warranty. i bought a denon avr 791 over two years ago and it has had no problems

That is good to know. I can't think of anything else to add.
Let us know what you decide to do.

Best of luck!
grasshoppers is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 38 Old 02-15-2013, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
sjv7883's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher50 View Post

accessories4less is a authorized denon dealer and it comes with a one year warranty. i bought a denon avr 791 over two years ago and it has had no problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post

That is good to know. I can't think of anything else to add.
Let us know what you decide to do.

Best of luck!

I will let you know. Probably wont be for a while though. I just got back from a party. It was supposed to be a twerking party, no drink, no smoke. It would probably have been a lot better if they had speakers that actually worked. They were playing music from a laptop through an aux cable that went to a receiver, but the reciever's aux input was faulty, so it was crackly and someone had to be holding it all the time. Not to mention the speakers were distorting like crazy and had probably 40 watts going to them. Oh yeah, and they only had any sound out of one speaker. haha. There was probably 65 people in this living room though. I saw a couple people I knew unexpectedly haha. Also, the people were super ratchety. Probably 70% blacks. I saw the two guys in the middle (one had dreads and the other a sideways snapback) that were going HAM and they were dripping sweat. Saw a bit of hot action against the wall too. If this was all because of one distorting speaker, I can only imaging how awesome a party at my house would be.

In the TV room, where we'd probably have most of the dancing there is:
B&W CM7s
JL Fathom 112
Rotel RMB-1075
Onkyo something

Kitchen:
A pair of BG PD-8i

Living Room:
Pair of BG PD-8i

Basement:
Pair of Klipsch forte (circa 1987)
Denon something

Everything is hooked up to Sonos, so I could put it in party mode, and have all the zones playing the same thing. Would be a bangin house party. I'd keep the same thing the people tonight did -- no drink, no smoke so nothing (or not as much) will get broken.

I get excited just thinking about this going down. Maybe after sprig break I'll be able to put something together. We'll see.

Thanks for the help guys!
sjv7883 is offline  
post #33 of 38 Old 03-01-2013, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
sjv7883's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone know what the cheapest Denon is that is able to bi-amp speakers?
sjv7883 is offline  
post #34 of 38 Old 03-01-2013, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
sjv7883's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ok. We'll try a different question. What kind of price could I get the Atom v7's for? I'm debating between them and the Ascend Acoustics CBM-170SE's.
sjv7883 is offline  
post #35 of 38 Old 03-02-2013, 12:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
arnyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 13,913
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 1068
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjv7883 View Post

Anyone know what the cheapest Denon is that is able to bi-amp speakers?

Passive Bi-amping is a waste.
arnyk is offline  
post #36 of 38 Old 03-02-2013, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
sjv7883's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnyk View Post

Passive Bi-amping is a waste.

Yup. Already got an answer that explained it to me. Thanks though!
sjv7883 is offline  
post #37 of 38 Old 03-04-2013, 04:49 AM
Member
 
our martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
www.whathifi.com/ Have a look on this website you can buy the b&w a7 and if you want to add a dac later on you could go for something like the arcam r link or dac 100.. i gave a cafe in new york city the b&w a7 with a ipad and a cambridge audio dac100 and cambridge audio ipad doc the id100..very good sound for the money..perfect for a dorm and late night parties and sounds good with movies and tv and it also has airplay so you can use it with an iphone.p.s when you get shot off campus for having your music too loud you can just pick it up and be off with it..http://www.avforums.com/forums/hi-fi-systems-separates/1705993-b-w-a7-separates.html
our martin is offline  
post #38 of 38 Old 03-04-2013, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
sjv7883's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by our martin View Post

www.whathifi.com/ Have a look on this website you can buy the b&w a7 and if you want to add a dac later on you could go for something like the arcam r link or dac 100.. i gave a cafe in new york city the b&w a7 with a ipad and a cambridge audio dac100 and cambridge audio ipad doc the id100..very good sound for the money..perfect for a dorm and late night parties and sounds good with movies and tv and it also has airplay so you can use it with an iphone.p.s when you get shot off campus for having your music too loud you can just pick it up and be off with it..http://www.avforums.com/forums/hi-fi-systems-separates/1705993-b-w-a7-separates.html

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'll stick to my other plan though smile.gif
sjv7883 is offline  
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off