Audiophile 2 channel AMP - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-24-2013, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Looking for so some recommendations for a really decent 2 channel amplifier for playing FLAC files out of an PC.

I have an "High-End" Asus soundcard. http://www.asus.com/Sound_Cards_and_DigitaltoAnalog_Converters/Xonar_Essence_STX/

These are hooked up to Focal Cubs http://www.focal.com/en/20-sib-co

All in a room 12x14. Not interested in upgrading the speakers as there are speakers that I used in my home theater. Also trying to upgrade the soundcard as the sound card was to complement some AudioTech headphones.

Looking to spend about $500.. Would be nice if the AMP had USB DAC integrated.

Before the audiophile heads start in... I don't want real audiophile equipment as it is out of my range. I wont even listen to audiophile equipment because I would go broke trying to get that level of f quality.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-24-2013, 01:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsform1 View Post

Looking for so some recommendations for a really decent 2 channel amplifier for playing FLAC files out of an PC.

I have an "High-End" Asus soundcard. http://www.asus.com/Sound_Cards_and_DigitaltoAnalog_Converters/Xonar_Essence_STX/

These are hooked up to Focal Cubs http://www.focal.com/en/20-sib-co

All in a room 12x14. Not interested in upgrading the speakers as there are speakers that I used in my home theater. Also trying to upgrade the soundcard as the sound card was to complement some AudioTech headphones.

Looking to spend about $500.. Would be nice if the AMP had USB DAC integrated.

Before the audiophile heads start in... I don't want real audiophile equipment as it is out of my range. I wont even listen to audiophile equipment because I would go broke trying to get that level of f quality.

Thanks

Teac stereo integrated amplifier with built in Usb Dac asynch.

This unit fits your budget and requirements and when I searched for the unit for this post I found that Amazon has a used unit for under $400 if you're interested in purchasing used.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 95
post #3 of 6 Old 02-24-2013, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
No need to get an external dac as you already have a nice on built into the Asus card. If you're looking to improve your sound you'll need to get better speakers or headphones.

post #4 of 6 Old 03-22-2013, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by weez82 View Post

No need to get an external dac as you already have a nice on built into the Asus card. If you're looking to improve your sound you'll need to get better speakers or headphones.

I've came to the that conclusion as well... I have a great pair of Audio Technicas for the headphones. So I've decide on getting a decent set of speakers. I am think on the line of AudioEngine 5+. Any other suggestions for speakers along the same line as the A5+?
post #5 of 6 Old 03-23-2013, 12:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 51
You may want to demo the Paradigm A2 active speakers.smile.gif
post #6 of 6 Old 03-24-2013, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 257
I suggest the Audioengine 2 speakers, which I think sound better than the 5. I use them with my PC and love them. You will really need some kind of sub with either of them if you want any decent bass at all.

The Polk PSW 505 is usually under $200 and is not too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsform1 View Post

I've came to the that conclusion as well... I have a great pair of Audio Technicas for the headphones. So I've decide on getting a decent set of speakers. I am think on the line of AudioEngine 5+. Any other suggestions for speakers along the same line as the A5+?
Reply 2-Channel Audio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page