Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-28-2013, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey All,

I bought a CD Pink Floyds Momentary Lapse of Reason and when I put in the disk it shows as Blank 0 bytes on the disk.. it also shows fhe File System of the disk is CDFS??

When I goto find "Open With" it is not there and I have to go a roundabout way to get the disk to play.. I am concerned the disk is not Official..I was wondering how could I determine if this disk is an Official Disk and not some pro copy??

On the Package it said it was from Mexico and it is the 2011 Remastered version of this album.. Please help and have I been a victim of a counterfeit??

If this is NOT offical they did a really good job about making it look real .. wink.gif

EDIT: Well Upon trying to Play this disk or all my disks I got an error saying no default program associated.. Well I since fixed that and now it says "Windows cannot access the specified device,path or file.. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them??"

what is going on before I used to be able to put in the disk then click the drive to play the disk now this error comes up???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-01-2013, 10:17 AM

i am going to guess that something on your computer got screwed up, can you try to restore the computer from a previously saved restore point, if you make do make sure you back up anything you have on the computer that was put on after that date. i am crazy, i have 3 external hard drives that i save all of my stuff on lol

the other thing could be that your optical drive on the computer has developed a issue, mine has, it will not read a burnt CD of any kind. it will still burn stuff onto a CD but it will not read it after it burns it, other computers will, my burnt CD's that i have had for ever wont play on my computer but will play on other

i don't know if it could be a fake or not but you never know. i have got a few shady disks in the past that were rare imports

one thing you can try is go to my computer, right click on the disk and see if it gives you the option to choose what program you want to open the disk with
post #3 of 6 Old 03-01-2013, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 112
The disc is probably fine. Unless your computer is set up to auto play audio CDs it'll tell you it can't recognize the disc. Looking at the disc in Windows Explorer you'll get the exact information you did. CDFS stands for Compact Disc File System. Its a file system that Windows cannot read on its own and since its ones and zeros it'd be kinda boring if it could read it unless it came out as music. Set up Windows Media Player to recognize audio CDs and you should get great music. I use FooBar 2000. You might also look into VLC Media Player. Each of these programs can play audio CDs. For auto play you'll need to do some putzing around with your computer.

When all else fails - RTFM!

♫♫♫ Two Channel Rules! ♫♫♫

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
post #4 of 6 Old 03-02-2013, 12:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
Actually on my XP Pro it says Unknown rather than CDFS for a genuine Audio CD and burned CD-R. Both indicate 0 bytes and only Open but not Open With is seen in the R click menu.

I'd have thought the info (number, logo and barcode) on the inner rim on the play side might give a clue, when info of a known genuine disc is available to compare with.

Audiosceptics accept audio trials using 25 people. A recent Oxford study with over 353,000 patient records from 639 separate clinical trials shows for every 1,000 people taking diclofenac or ibuprofen there would be 3 additional heart attacks, 4 more cases of heart failure and 1 death every year.

post #5 of 6 Old 03-02-2013, 03:07 AM

you know windows media player, foobar, i tunes and all of those players i have used, when i put a CD in they automatically detect the CD and will play it. are you using a program like that to try and play your CD on your computer. maybe you dont have a media player on your computer at the moment.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-02-2013, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Yes I have Autoplay on but when I leave my PC Running sometime and come back to play the disk again I usually would just double click the CD ROm drive icon to play the CD but now it does not work..

I can get Autoplay to work but I guess I just like my PC running like it always has and this is troubling me as too why it will not work now..

Reply 2-Channel Audio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page