what do you guys think about this. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-07-2013, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i am trying to rearrange things since i got a new larger sub. i have my stuff in a small room right now. either the TV or the Receiver need to set on top of the sub to make room for it all, setting the TV on top of the sub looks ridiculous so i would like to set the receiver on top of the sub but i am worried that the vibes over time could possibly damage the receiver. i have a cheep ass LCD TV so if anything happens to it i wont really be to upset about it. and no i cant hang the TV on the wall, maybe i can talk the owners of the home into letting me do that but as of now they don't want me drilling into the walls of this room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-07-2013, 05:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked: 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning View Post

i am trying to rearrange things since i got a new larger sub. i have my stuff in a small room right now. either the TV or the Receiver need to set on top of the sub to make room for it all, setting the TV on top of the sub looks ridiculous so i would like to set the receiver on top of the sub but i am worried that the vibes over time could possibly damage the receiver. i have a cheep ass LCD TV so if anything happens to it i wont really be to upset about it. and no i cant hang the TV on the wall, maybe i can talk the owners of the home into letting me do that but as of now they don't want me drilling into the walls of this room.

I've put active audio gear on top of my subs for decades without any harm. Of course it was all solid state.

I wouldn't put tubed gear on top of a sub. I note that my SA DVR is sitting on top of the sub, and I did have a twinge while thinking about its hard drive. It has been there for months, without any problems. I have seen things moving towards the edge, but not lately.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-07-2013, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i have the sub volume turned up just far enough that the sub plays if i turn it down just a pinch the speaker quits playing, that way the bass is not over powering the main speakers and blends in with the music as it should. the volume knob on the amp rarely gets turned up past 9 0-clock so i dont often play music really loud,. so i am not sure it would vibrate any thing off. i dont really feel any vibes in the sub cabinet. how ever when i decide to watch a movie i will probably crank the sub up a bit.

i just want to make sure i wont make my new amp die early by my hand. i really like this thing and i hope it will last for years to come. i know it seems like a dumb question but you never know, strange things can screw stuff up some times so better safe than sorry.
post #4 of 5 Old 03-07-2013, 06:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked: 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning View Post

i have the sub volume turned up just far enough that the sub plays if i turn it down just a pinch the speaker quits playing, that way the bass is not over powering the main speakers and blends in with the music as it should. the volume knob on the amp rarely gets turned up past 9 0-clock so i dont often play music really loud,. so i am not sure it would vibrate any thing off. i dont really feel any vibes in the sub cabinet. how ever when i decide to watch a movie i will probably crank the sub up a bit.

i just want to make sure i wont make my new amp die early by my hand. i really like this thing and i hope it will last for years to come. i know it seems like a dumb question but you never know, strange things can screw stuff up some times so better safe than sorry.

If there was a problem with amps sitting on top of subs, don't you think there would be a problem with amps that are inside subs?

Never heard of any outcry from people who have subs with built in amps, and mine have worked great for years!
post #5 of 5 Old 03-07-2013, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
i know it seems like a dumb question but you never know,

YOU never know...some of us do.
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version