Old 06-23-2014, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by db cookster View Post
when discover that you have to convince yourself that a) your hearing something different and b) your not completely sure that what your hearing is better, then i'd recommend that you keep your wife happy, by not adding more hardware and interconnection cables to your system. She will probably also like that fact you haven't spent anymore money on audio, either.
ftfy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2014, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi folks,

My separate DAC sounds much better than the Oppo 105, that is the reason why I have 2 sources connected to the AVR. Oppo for movies via bitstream and the streamer/dac for music via analog cinch.

I originally wanted to have only one source, but the oppo unfortunately wasnt good enough.

The only possible solution could be an tuning for the oppo called G-Oppo, making it sounding as good as the best Linn players accoring to the scientist/developer, but I had no possibility to proof this up to now...

BR
Flo
Old 11-26-2014, 11:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 183
^So does this mystery DAC have a name and a price?

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
Old 11-26-2014, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post
^So does this mystery DAC have a name and a price?
I bet it's a Linn...

I'll be back later...

links::: 1.5RQ > digits > 1177a > OpenDRC-DI > DEQ2496 > DAC2 > KCT > FPB 350mcx > reQuest > Sweetspot
Old 11-28-2014, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
No but its a very special one called LeAudiophil. It is a tuned airport express and was developed by Hartmut Alt from the german open end forum. This DAC/Streamer is comparable to the big LaRosita from France (probably you will find more information concerning that one in the internet) but costs less. It plays in the league up to 10.000€ but costs only 10% of its rivals. I dont want to make advertisement but it really beats a lot of linn streamers, high end cd players and highest end dacs. If you need further infos I could send you the contact data or more info via pn.

So although it is no fair play comparing with the oppo but I wanted to highlight, that the oppo is not the highest possible end nor an all in one equipment for serious stereo enthusiasts! Unfortunately...

Anyone tested the Arcam UDP411 or the Electrocompaniet EMP 3?

BR
Flo