Stand alone DAC vs OPPO 105 - Page 8 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes
post #211 of 211 Unread Today, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wink A few additions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblewy View Post
Now long retired I have worked for IBM, GE and Philips Electronics and have designed and repaired equipment for many years. I certainly know how to read specs and schematics and how to find my way through the BS they often slant you to believing.

I use specs as a starting point and loose reference only. I have often redesigned/modified my own already good audio equipment for years in order to improve the sound.

Much of the concept for the first Fluke ScopeMeter was mine.

I know that the only true test is in the real world with anything and that the engineering credo KISS (keep it simple stupid) is the best starting approach. IMHO

Like most engineers I don't always agree with others, especially when they start hawking products that make them money but this link to an excellent old site predates this MSEE's own product flow. Tubes and very efficient speakers can be great if done properly. I went the other way myself because I fell in love with the Ken Kantor designed NHT 3.3's and they need lots of power. There are several approaches to great audio and each has its benefits and problems.
http://lampizator.eu/UPGRADE/triodes...rometheus.html

I also love reading the sincere and experienced advice on the site too. I don't always agree with him either but I sure wish I could afford his highest recommendation's.
http://www.high-endaudio.com/

Oh yea, Ross Martin Audio has discontinued the Super Beast I and has a Gen II model with a four layer board and word clock out etc but no dsd. It should be one of the best dacs made though and cost around $450 delivered. I own the old beast, love it, and have no ties otherwise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 2-Channel Audio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page