Stand alone DAC vs OPPO 105 - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #241 of 241 Old 08-18-2015, 06:12 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Originally Posted by pablolie View Post
Never heard about it. To me the D7050 is superior to the D3020 in its ability to move speakers. Whether it justifies twice the cost is a different question. But it most definitely does not have less power. in fact it sounds much better driving LS50s than the 3020.
Interesting -
I had both in my house for a few days when I was evaluating the D7050 because I wanted direct digital amplification and a little more power.
Having observed the D3020 seemingly providing more power to my inefficient Harbeth p3esr monitors, I ask NAD which amp actually provided more power.
Here is what they had to say about it. Also remember that you will not see the “Dynamic Power” of the D7050 used as a marketing point by NAD anywhere. They simply state 50w into 4 ohms.

(NAD Electronics)

May 27, 09:45

Hello Jjkern,

Thank you for contacting the NAD Electronics Support Centre regarding the NAD D7050/D3020. Please be advised that the D3020 is recommended as it has much higher dynamic power particularly into 4 and 2 ohms 105W and 150W respectively.

We hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Last edited by JJK1; 08-18-2015 at 06:35 PM. Reason: remove NAD support tech name from post
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Reply 2-Channel Audio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page