Behringer deq2496 - help needed - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-07-2013, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I use a Behringer DEQ2496 in my two channel audio system, for digital domain equalization only. It works fine if I manually equalize with an sPL meter. But I have never been able to get the pink noise generator to work. I follow instructions exactly and no noise ever comes out of the speakers for the microphone to hear.

Does anyone know if the pink noise only outputs through the analog outputs? Is that my problem? Or should it work through the digital XLR output but I have some setting wrong?

Thanks for any advice. I am really frustrated with it. The DEQ2496 does amazing things but it is the most difficult to operate component I've ever owned.

System: CEC transport to Behringer to Monarchy Jitter box to Entec DAC to Conrad Johnson pre and amp, to Quad ESL63s and a Vandersteen 2wq sub.

Stu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-08-2013, 06:40 AM

Liked: 12
I know for a fact that it does generate pink noise while running all digital because that is how I used to use it. I have taken it out of my system since, but iirc, you have 2 options. Either you can go to the I/o page and select it (left side of screen), or you can do it through the room correction- it is a button on the left side of the screen on the measurement page that you must hit to run the pink noise and the room correction. YouTube had a few helpful videos as well, and if you search "deq2496 in hifi" on google, there are many advanced guides to using it correctly.

Good luck
post #3 of 4 Old 06-12-2013, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I still can't get it to put out any pink noise. Maybe there is something wrong with it. Thank you for the information!
Stuart
post #4 of 4 Old 06-13-2013, 10:22 AM

Liked: 12
I have copied links to some of the sources I read when initially setting mine up---although take each with a grain of salt, they get excessive and contradict each other at times.

It is a good product and I would still be using it if I'd not moved to the mini DSP (10x10) to run REW for room correction, have the digital crossover, and a few other nice settings. (REW is admittedly much more difficult and time consuming to use, but having the graphs and flexibility is very important to me) Once you get the hang of the DEQ, it should be quite easy to use it effectively; you can get it sounding pretty good after only a few minutes and tweaks (until you spend days deciding between .5 db increments, but that's part of the fun. Youtube also had some useful videos worth your time.
Good luck.

http://forums.audioreview.com/general-audio/thoughts-using-behringer-deq2496-room-correction-16568.html
http://www.nu9n.com/deq2496.html
http://www.decdun.me.uk/deq2496.html
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page