LIST YOUR VINTAGE GEAR HERE - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 340 Old 07-07-2013, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 407
Hi guys, I thought this would be an interesting topic and a good way to meet new members. I know some of you still have your first or second setup and I'd really like to see it and others would too so please post pics of your treasured gear. Did you hear that one setup when you were young and it blew you away and you had to have it, even if it was thirty years later? I heard a Yamaha receiver and a pair of Cannon speakers thirty plus years ago when Pink Floyd's The Wall just came out and it totally blew me away and when the plane was diving on the song In The Flesh I swore that plane was in the room. I knew that part of the song was coming and took the big knob on the right and cranked it up. If you've had similar experiences or ones that have been forever logged into your memory I'd love to hear about them smile.gif

I"m also looking for advice on a vintage two channel setup that I would like to do eventually. My criteria is I would like it to be pretty high powered, and probably from the 70's or 80's, also I would like to use vinyl as my media, so I'm really open to suggestions. So please feel free to make recommendations to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 340 Old 07-09-2013, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Since you asked, I have been in the Vintage Audio thing for a couple of years now. Here is what I currently have:

Receivers (all 1970s):

Sansui 8080
Kenwood KR9600
Pioneer SX-1000TW (first Pioneer solid state)
Sherwood S9910
Marantz 2220
Sony STR V7

Integrated Amp:

McIntosh MA 230 (early 60s, SS/Tube Hybrid)

Amp:

Onkyo M-504 (mid 80s, I think)

PreAmp:

Yamaha C2a

Tuners:

Yamaha T-1
McIntosh MR-65 (early 60s, Tube, Mono)

Turntables:

Rega Planar 3 (1977?, but upgraded)
Dual 1229Q
Dual 701

Accesory:

Knight KG-12 Multiplex Adapter (Tube, 1960s)

Speakers:

Acoustic Research AR-2ax (1971?)
ADS L810
JBL L100
Klipsch Heresy (1981)
Klipsch Cornwall (1981)

Recently Owned but Since Sold:

Marantz 2270
Marantz 2385

Dynaco A25XL
Marantz HD880
Klipsch Forte
Klipsch Heresy (1979)
Pioneer HPM-100

All above average to excellent condition, all 100% functional.

Do you have a budget in mind for a vintage 2CH set-up? Music preference Pink Floyd and other 70's rock?
comfynumb likes this.
post #3 of 340 Old 07-09-2013, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 778
Vintage gear (bought new, never let go and in different systems)

Yamaha CA 1010
Yamaha CT 1010

McIntosh C28
McIntosh MC 2205

JVC QL 7
B&O Beogram 4002

Marantz CD 67 SE

Norman Laboratories Model 10

Yamaha HP-1
comfynumb likes this.

¿lɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ

post #4 of 340 Old 07-10-2013, 05:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensctt View Post

Since you asked, I have been in the Vintage Audio thing for a couple of years now. Here is what I currently have:

Receivers (all 1970s):

Sansui 8080
Kenwood KR9600
Pioneer SX-1000TW (first Pioneer solid state)
Sherwood S9910
Marantz 2220
Sony STR V7

Integrated Amp:

McIntosh MA 230 (early 60s, SS/Tube Hybrid)

Amp:

Onkyo M-504 (mid 80s, I think)

PreAmp:

Yamaha C2a

Tuners:

Yamaha T-1
McIntosh MR-65 (early 60s, Tube, Mono)

Turntables:

Rega Planar 3 (1977?, but upgraded)
Dual 1229Q
Dual 701

Accesory:

Knight KG-12 Multiplex Adapter (Tube, 1960s)

Speakers:

Acoustic Research AR-2ax (1971?)
ADS L810
JBL L100
Klipsch Heresy (1981)
Klipsch Cornwall (1981)

Recently Owned but Since Sold:

Marantz 2270
Marantz 2385

Dynaco A25XL
Marantz HD880
Klipsch Forte
Klipsch Heresy (1979)
Pioneer HPM-100

All above average to excellent condition, all 100% functional.

Do you have a budget in mind for a vintage 2CH set-up? Music preference Pink Floyd and other 70's rock?

Hi Steven, that is one long list of impressive vintage gear, thanks for sharing this. I remember the Sansui receivers because I almost bought one in the early 80's. You have all the big names from the era I'm interested in the most. I actually just read an article on your Heresey's, I think those are timeless and will sound good no matter what year it is. It looks like 2 or 3 different setups you have going on?

I am just in the early stages of getting some ideas for a vintage 2 channel setup. I'm thinking about a pair of 70's or early 80's JBL's or Klipsch speakers, both made some great speakers during this period. I wouldn't mind doing separates instead of a receiver, but I have to admit I know very little about 70's tuners and amps. I think the turntable is the easy part as long as it's in good shape with a good cartridge I'll be fine. I have a 5.1 system now and I've had two separate pre and amp setups within the last 9 years, my second pre is new. So I'm kind of used to separates but will consider a receiver. My music preferences include classic 60's to 80's rock as well as alternative from mostly the 90's but I do listen to a little newer rock mainly because some of it is recorded well and sounds good on my system. The key word is "some" smile.gif

John.
post #5 of 340 Old 07-10-2013, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen arcane View Post

Vintage gear (bought new, never let go and in different systems)

Yamaha CA 1010
Yamaha CT 1010

McIntosh C28
McIntosh MC 2205

JVC QL 7
B&O Beogram 4002

Marantz CD 67 SE

Yamaha HP-1

Hi citizen arcane, so far we all own some Marantz gear although mine isn't vintage. But that's a name which was huge while I was growing up and I remember my friend had the big receiver with the gyro tuning wheel. Do you mix your vintage gear with some newer gear or is it strictly vintage
setup? Thanks for posting smile.gif

John.
post #6 of 340 Old 07-10-2013, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I've owned vintage when it wasn't vintage - it was new! My first was a Sansui 500A tube driven receiver bought in 1966 in Japan. But enough of that.

I currently own one pair of vintage speakers - Harman Kardon HK-20 two way speakers manufactured in 1967. They are acoustic suspension and sound great after I recapped them. They play down to about 45hz very nicely. I drive them with various receivers and integrated amps - my favorite integrated is a Technics SU-7700 with some pretty meters on the front. I also have a Kenwood KA-4006 integrated amp - a Phillips Electronic 312 turntable with a Bang and Ollie 10E cart - very smooth sounding. I sent my son a Kenwood KR-3130 receiver a while back just because I had no time to put it into the rotation - and my daughter finally talked me out of a very stout Pioneer VSX-9900 TOTL receiver (well in 1998 or so) she's been wanting for some time. They both got speakers with the receivers.

Since my son is into vinyl I gave him an old BSR turntable that 'works'. It has the dreaded TT rumble that BSR is so famous for. One of his receivers has an anti-rumble circuitry in it so it isn't an issue for him.

I recently sold a Marantz 2225 receiver that sounded very sweet - it was between the SU-7700 and it to sell and since the SU-7700 recently got recapped I think made the right choice. This is an incomplete list of what I've owned just in the last few years. I've had so many pieces of gear over the years it is difficult to remember them all - some of the better ones do stand out.

I've also owned many tuners over the years. Most recently was a Yamaha T-85 that is as good as tuners get IMO. Since I live in an FM 'desert' an Onkyo T-3120 works just fine for the stations I can listen to. A Technics ST-8600 I sold last year is probably right up there with the Yamaha for tuning and clarity. And the Denon TU-1500RDS was no slouch either.
comfynumb likes this.

When all else fails - RTFM!

♫♫♫ Two Channel Rules! ♫♫♫

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
post #7 of 340 Old 07-10-2013, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfynumb View Post

Did you hear that one setup when you were young and it blew you away and you had to have it, even if it was thirty years later?

Tube amp forever. smile.gif

Modified Stereo 70 with a pair of either Rogers LS3/5a or original (fragile) Quad electrostat; nod going to the Quad electrostat.
comfynumb likes this.

The best is the enemy of the good. Voltaire (1694-1778)

post #8 of 340 Old 07-10-2013, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 778
Quote:

Hi citizen arcane, so far we all own some Marantz gear although mine isn't vintage. But that's a name which was huge while I was growing up and I remember my friend had the big receiver with the gyro tuning wheel. Do you mix your vintage gear with some newer gear or is it strictly vintage
setup? Thanks for posting smile.gif

John.

Not sure if the 20 y.o. Marantz CD player is vintage (prolly in the digital world...yes.)

The Yamaha is driving a pair of Wharfedale 70th Anniv. bookshelves (don't use the tuner tho' it's stacked for aesthetics) the B&O is in the same rack and play the occasional LP. The Mc amp is paired up w/ Magnepan MMGs so I can drive them without effort cool.gif The Norman speakers are being under utilized now w/ an Audiosource amp and the QL7 for the odd LP playback.

¿lɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ

post #9 of 340 Old 07-11-2013, 04:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead90 View Post

I've owned vintage when it wasn't vintage - it was new! My first was a Sansui 500A tube driven receiver bought in 1966 in Japan. But enough of that.

I currently own one pair of vintage speakers - Harman Kardon HK-20 two way speakers manufactured in 1967. They are acoustic suspension and sound great after I recapped them. They play down to about 45hz very nicely. I drive them with various receivers and integrated amps - my favorite integrated is a Technics SU-7700 with some pretty meters on the front. I also have a Kenwood KA-4006 integrated amp - a Phillips Electronic 312 turntable with a Bang and Ollie 10E cart - very smooth sounding. I sent my son a Kenwood KR-3130 receiver a while back just because I had no time to put it into the rotation - and my daughter finally talked me out of a very stout Pioneer VSX-9900 TOTL receiver (well in 1998 or so) she's been wanting for some time. They both got speakers with the receivers.

Since my son is into vinyl I gave him an old BSR turntable that 'works'. It has the dreaded TT rumble that BSR is so famous for. One of his receivers has an anti-rumble circuitry in it so it isn't an issue for him.

I recently sold a Marantz 2225 receiver that sounded very sweet - it was between the SU-7700 and it to sell and since the SU-7700 recently got recapped I think made the right choice. This is an incomplete list of what I've owned just in the last few years. I've had so many pieces of gear over the years it is difficult to remember them all - some of the better ones do stand out.

I've also owned many tuners over the years. Most recently was a Yamaha T-85 that is as good as tuners get IMO. Since I live in an FM 'desert' an Onkyo T-3120 works just fine for the stations I can listen to. A Technics ST-8600 I sold last year is probably right up there with the Yamaha for tuning and clarity. And the Denon TU-1500RDS was no slouch either.

I'm Impressed you and others have owned your gear when it was state of the art and continue to use it today. Although I've had decent setups for some time now I didn't get serious until about ten years ago and my oldest piece is my original PSB golds, they are approaching twenty years old so not really vintage. You also can't mention vintage without bringing Harman Kardon into the mix, they did and still do make some great gear. I have to admit I haven't heard the BSR rumble in over 30 years and how interesting that someone made a receiver with "anti rumble circuitry". You know that was high tech in the day when the choice was vinyl or vinyl smile.gif
I'm thinking about a 70's Marantz receiver if I can find the right one but I'm in no hurry. Thanks for posting.
post #10 of 340 Old 07-11-2013, 04:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherSongs View Post

Tube amp forever. smile.gif

Modified Stereo 70 with a pair of either Rogers LS3/5a or original (fragile) Quad electrostat; nod going to the Quad electrostat.

Nice smile.gif I have also contemplated a two channel driven by a tube setup. I'm leaving my options open plus my HT setup isn't quite done yet.
post #11 of 340 Old 07-11-2013, 04:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Not sure if the 20 y.o. Marantz CD player is vintage (prolly in the digital world...yes.)

The Yamaha is driving a pair of Wharfedale 70th Anniv. bookshelves (don't use the tuner tho' it's stacked for aesthetics) the B&O is in the same rack and play the occasional LP. The Mc amp is paired up w/ Magnepan MMGs so I can drive them without effort cool.gif The Norman speakers are being under utilized now w/ an Audiosource amp and the QL7 for the odd LP playback.

You have the best of all worlds going on and I like the choice part. That is what I'm looking for, something different than my new setup. You have some great combinations of receiver/amp and speakers, I wouldn't know what to listen to first smile.gif
post #12 of 340 Old 07-11-2013, 06:07 AM

Liked: 11
Wow, there are some really great vintage pieces in use around here!
Quote:

Citizen Arcane, how do you like the Norman speakers? I heard a pair once that I liked and have seem some for sale recently but have very little experience. How do compare with the Wharfedales and Maggies you are running off your other amps?

Cheers!
post #13 of 340 Old 07-11-2013, 06:15 AM

Liked: 11
My own vintage gear is mixed in with newer gear around the house. I wish I had a dedicated vintage setup, but just don't have the budget to find everything I want right now.

source:
Meridian 506 CDP
Marantz 2270
Sony PS-1 biggrin.gif

amp:
Soundcraftsmen MA 5002
Fisher X-100
Mistubishi DA-A30
Mitsubishi DA-A600
Forte Audio Model 1a
and a few old tube amps that I am trying to rebuild (new at this)

integrated/preamp:
Sony TA-8650
Forte Audio Model 2

other:
SAE 2800 equalizer
Soundcraftsmen TG 2245 equalizer

speakers:
Kevek ES.8

headphones:
Beyer DT-48
AKG Sextett
Stax SR-Lambda

Cheers!

Frank
comfynumb likes this.
post #14 of 340 Old 07-11-2013, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainetube View Post

My own vintage gear is mixed in with newer gear around the house. I wish I had a dedicated vintage setup, but just don't have the budget to find everything I want right now.

source:
Meridian 506 CDP
Marantz 2270
Sony PS-1 biggrin.gif

amp:
Soundcraftsmen MA 5002
Fisher X-100
Mistubishi DA-A30
Mitsubishi DA-A600
Forte Audio Model 1a
and a few old tube amps that I am trying to rebuild (new at this)

integrated/preamp:
Sony TA-8650
Forte Audio Model 2

other:
SAE 2800 equalizer
Soundcraftsmen TG 2245 equalizer

speakers:
Kevek ES.8

headphones:
Beyer DT-48
AKG Sextett
Stax SR-Lambda

Cheers!

Frank

You have some nice gear yourself and I was wondering when the Fisher name would be mentioned. My brothers friend had a pair of their speakers, I believe they had 15" woofers and they sounded great and no subwoofer necessary. I see you have the Marantz 2270, that is from the era I remember the most and has the "gyro wheel" tuning if I remember right, that's a handsome receiver smile.gif
post #15 of 340 Old 07-11-2013, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

Hi Steven, that is one long list of impressive vintage gear, thanks for sharing this. I remember the Sansui receivers because I almost bought one in the early 80's. You have all the big names from the era I'm interested in the most. I actually just read an article on your Heresey's, I think those are timeless and will sound good no matter what year it is. It looks like 2 or 3 different setups you have going on?

I am just in the early stages of getting some ideas for a vintage 2 channel setup. I'm thinking about a pair of 70's or early 80's JBL's or Klipsch speakers, both made some great speakers during this period. I wouldn't mind doing separates instead of a receiver, but I have to admit I know very little about 70's tuners and amps. I think the turntable is the easy part as long as it's in good shape with a good cartridge I'll be fine. I have a 5.1 system now and I've had two separate pre and amp setups within the last 9 years, my second pre is new. So I'm kind of used to separates but will consider a receiver. My music preferences include classic 60's to 80's rock as well as alternative from mostly the 90's but I do listen to a little newer rock mainly because some of it is recorded well and sounds good on my system. The key word is "some" smile.gif

John.

If I had to pick only three pieces of vintage gear (receiver, speakers, turntable) at a somewhat affordable level, these would be the ones:

Pioneer SX1250
JBL Century/L100
Sansui SR929

Pricing for vintage gear is all over the place and prices for the collectable/desirable gear is going up.

Marantz is always a great choice, start with a 2275 Receiver.

TOTL receivers (for their periods) command high dollars and the next step down models will sell for 1/2 the price. The Pioneer SX1250 (160W/CH) sells for anywhere from $500 to $1500. The one step-down SX1050 (120W/CH), much less. Big powered Marantz and the proclaimed winner of the receiver wars (Technics SA100 at 330W/CH) sell for near $3000 in excellent condition.

For the most part, buy based on cosmetics first. Electronics should be easily repairable, cosmetic flaws not so.

Take a look at this site, if you have not already done so: thevintageknob.org
post #16 of 340 Old 07-12-2013, 04:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensctt View Post

If I had to pick only three pieces of vintage gear (receiver, speakers, turntable) at a somewhat affordable level, these would be the ones:

Pioneer SX1250
JBL Century/L100
Sansui SR929

Pricing for vintage gear is all over the place and prices for the collectable/desirable gear is going up.

Marantz is always a great choice, start with a 2275 Receiver.

TOTL receivers (for their periods) command high dollars and the next step down models will sell for 1/2 the price. The Pioneer SX1250 (160W/CH) sells for anywhere from $500 to $1500. The one step-down SX1050 (120W/CH), much less. Big powered Marantz and the proclaimed winner of the receiver wars (Technics SA100 at 330W/CH) sell for near $3000 in excellent condition.

For the most part, buy based on cosmetics first. Electronics should be easily repairable, cosmetic flaws not so.

Take a look at this site, if you have not already done so: thevintageknob.org

Good recommendations thanks, I especially like the JBL speakers. I think for the money I can't go wrong.
post #17 of 340 Old 07-12-2013, 10:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Thorens TD 125/SME 3 w. damper/ Denon DL 103
Thorens TD125/MG1 airbearing arm/Denon DL 103
Transcriptors Hydraulic Reference (Mitchell)/SME 2/Denon DL 160
Technics SL 10/Technics310MC

Quad 33
Quad 405
Quad FM3
Technics Mini system ST C01/SU C01/SE C01
Harman Kardon 330C
Rotel RX 202 MK 2
Hafler Pro 1200

Kef 104/2
Kef Calinda
Kef C15
Mission 700
Klipsch Heresy

Micromega stage 2
post #18 of 340 Old 07-13-2013, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraut View Post

Thorens TD 125/SME 3 w. damper/ Denon DL 103
Thorens TD125/MG1 airbearing arm/Denon DL 103
Transcriptors Hydraulic Reference (Mitchell)/SME 2/Denon DL 160
Technics SL 10/Technics310MC

Quad 33
Quad 405
Quad FM3
Technics Mini system ST C01/SU C01/SE C01
Harman Kardon 330C
Rotel RX 202 MK 2
Hafler Pro 1200

Kef 104/2
Kef Calinda
Kef C15
Mission 700
Klipsch Heresy

Micromega stage 2

Great list of gear, and the second set of Heresy's posted. I especially like the Harman Kardon reciever, also the Rotel. I remember the Mission speakers well at my local hifi dealer that also sold the Cannon speakers, in fact my brother still has a pair.
post #19 of 340 Old 07-13-2013, 06:49 AM

The Transcriptors I owned since I purchased on a visit to England in 1973, but replaced the Acos tonearm with a SME about six years ago.
I was always partial to the Quad equipment since I got interested in HIFI in the late sixties, and I finally saw some working set in a second hand store ten years ago and got the set for 50$.
I got the Heresies in another second Hand store three years ago (the cabinet is a bit rough, but I can live with that and do not plan to beautify them) for about 15$.

I am listening at present to the Heresies which I prefer to the Kefs 104/2, my previous main speakers. The other speakers do duty in various bedrooms, the technics mini system and the rotel included, the other stuff is standby. The quad sometimes replaces the hypex AS 2.100 amp that powers the Heresies fed from a musicserver via SPDIF. The Hersies are supported by a subwoofer (DIY compound loaded) crossed over at 80 Hz.

All my vintage stuff is in working condition, although the TT's do not see that much duty anymore, I am mostly listening to the server in shuffle mode. With almost 50 000 files to choose from it always is interesting what comes next.
post #20 of 340 Old 07-13-2013, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

You never know what your going to run into at those stores. By quad do you mean quadraphonic?
post #21 of 340 Old 07-13-2013, 07:18 PM

No, I mean the stuff made by Quad:

with that typical english understated (someone else would call it ugly) design. I loved that ever since I saw those in the sixties.
post #22 of 340 Old 07-14-2013, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraut View Post

No, I mean the stuff made by Quad:

with that typical english understated (someone else would call it ugly) design. I loved that ever since I saw those in the sixties.

Ok I see what you mean now. Definitely a no frills approach.
post #23 of 340 Old 07-14-2013, 01:13 PM

Liked: 19
Marantz 2230
Marantz 2385
Hitachi Sr-804
Dual 510 turntable

Still using my relatively modern Paradigm Monitor 7 V4 speakers with my vintage 2 channel setup. I've been rotating the receivers as I do recaps/restoration work.
Looking for some vintage JBL's to add to it. Just noticed a pair of C51 Apollo's on Kijiji I might check out if I can get them for a reaonable amount! wink.gif
post #24 of 340 Old 07-14-2013, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
My 2 channel set up:

Conrad Johnson MF-2200 Amp
Conrad Johnson PV8 pre-amp

Teac A3300SR Reel to Reel (Yes it still works)
DBX 128

Sonograph SG3 turntable.

All are still working well the Teac was refurbished about 6 years ago.

I don't use this set up often but when I do!!
post #25 of 340 Old 07-14-2013, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 42
A Kenwood KR-7600 receiver. Only thing that needed replacement was the on/off switch. A pair of Winslow Burhoe Blue speakers. Re-foamed about 8 years ago and still sounds quite good. I bought these new back in the late 70's.smile.gif
post #26 of 340 Old 07-15-2013, 04:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rntlee View Post

Marantz 2230
Marantz 2385
Hitachi Sr-804
Dual 510 turntable

Still using my relatively modern Paradigm Monitor 7 V4 speakers with my vintage 2 channel setup. I've been rotating the receivers as I do recaps/restoration work.
Looking for some vintage JBL's to add to it. Just noticed a pair of C51 Apollo's on Kijiji I might check out if I can get them for a reaonable amount! wink.gif

Nice list of gear, and quite a few Marantz pieces listed already from the 70's. I also like your thinking on the rotating pieces in as you restore them. Let us know how you make out with your speaker choice(s). The Apollo's would be very cool, something you don't see everyday.
post #27 of 340 Old 07-15-2013, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCbridge View Post

My 2 channel set up:

Conrad Johnson MF-2200 Amp
Conrad Johnson PV8 pre-amp

Teac A3300SR Reel to Reel (Yes it still works)
DBX 128

Sonograph SG3 turntable.

All are still working well the Teac was refurbished about 6 years ago.

I don't use this set up often but when I do!!

In high school my friend had a reel to reel, I believe a teac. I was amazed because you could load up a reel and listen for half the day smile.gif
post #28 of 340 Old 07-15-2013, 04:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post

A Kenwood KR-7600 receiver. Only thing that needed replacement was the on/off switch. A pair of Winslow Burhoe Blue speakers. Re-foamed about 8 years ago and still sounds quite good. I bought these new back in the late 70's.smile.gif

Great looking receiver and although I haven't heard of the speakers they look really nice and a very interesting design.
post #29 of 340 Old 07-15-2013, 06:20 AM
ap1
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
I have a mix of old and new stuff. Here is what can be called vintage:

Pioneer PL-L1000 turntable
Yamaha CX-1000 and C-2x preamps
Yamaha MX-1000 power amp

TT and C-2x are in active use in my 2 channel system.

Actually exposure to vintage gear triggered my interest in stereo only and vinyl playback after actively pursuing a surround audio.
post #30 of 340 Old 07-15-2013, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post

I have a mix of old and new stuff. Here is what can be called vintage:
Pioneer PL-L1000 turntable
Yamaha CX-1000 and C-2x preamps
Yamaha MX-1000 power amp

TT and C-2x are in active use in my 2 channel system.

Actually exposure to vintage gear triggered my interest in stereo only and vinyl playback after actively pursuing a surround audio.

It's great to see guys using separates also. Nice gear.
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page