help me decide which amp? down to a few... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-03-2013, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is strictly a 2 channel use, mostly vinyl setup using a Jolida JD9 phono stage. The speakers are Ported Statements (4 ohms). I'm looking at either Parasound or Mucisal Fidelity at this point and trying to keep it in the $500 and under neighborhood. The models I'm looking at are the Parasound HCA1500A and the new classic 2250. The MF amplifiers I'm looking at are the M1PWR and the A3CR. The only new amp would be the M1PWR, the others are used. Anyone have experience with these amplifiers or have any sugestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-03-2013, 02:17 PM
FMW
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by madskaman View Post

This is strictly a 2 channel use, mostly vinyl setup using a Jolida JD9 phono stage. The speakers are Ported Statements (4 ohms). I'm looking at either Parasound or Mucisal Fidelity at this point and trying to keep it in the $500 and under neighborhood. The models I'm looking at are the Parasound HCA1500A and the new classic 2250. The MF amplifiers I'm looking at are the M1PWR and the A3CR. The only new amp would be the M1PWR, the others are used. Anyone have experience with these amplifiers or have any sugestions?

I would go with the new one, whichever that is. That would give you a warranty and that's more valuable than the name on the front of the chassis.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-03-2013, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Get the one that looks the coolest !
post #4 of 6 Old 09-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Where are you getting the Parasound 2250 for $500? I don't think you can get any of those amps for $500 new.
Are you looking in the used market?
post #5 of 6 Old 09-03-2013, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The only new amplifier would be the m1pwr. They're $500 new, and $430 refurbished. The parasound 2250 would be on the high end of my budget closer to the $600 mark, but still justifiable, and used.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-04-2013, 09:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked: 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by madskaman View Post

The M1PWR looks to me like one half of a Behringer A500 for only about 8 times the price before a close out discount, 3 times the price after.

For about half your budget you could get a good refurb AVR with almost twice the power in 2 channel mode, and features that can make a positive difference like Bass management and automated system optimization.

Most dyed-in-the-wool 2 channel people get emotional when I say things like that, but they are true. ;-)
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page