help me decide which amp? down to a few... - AVS Forum
2-Channel Audio > help me decide which amp? down to a few...
madskaman's Avatar madskaman 10:17 AM 09-03-2013
This is strictly a 2 channel use, mostly vinyl setup using a Jolida JD9 phono stage. The speakers are Ported Statements (4 ohms). I'm looking at either Parasound or Mucisal Fidelity at this point and trying to keep it in the $500 and under neighborhood. The models I'm looking at are the Parasound HCA1500A and the new classic 2250. The MF amplifiers I'm looking at are the M1PWR and the A3CR. The only new amp would be the M1PWR, the others are used. Anyone have experience with these amplifiers or have any sugestions?

FMW's Avatar FMW 03:17 PM 09-03-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by madskaman View Post

This is strictly a 2 channel use, mostly vinyl setup using a Jolida JD9 phono stage. The speakers are Ported Statements (4 ohms). I'm looking at either Parasound or Mucisal Fidelity at this point and trying to keep it in the $500 and under neighborhood. The models I'm looking at are the Parasound HCA1500A and the new classic 2250. The MF amplifiers I'm looking at are the M1PWR and the A3CR. The only new amp would be the M1PWR, the others are used. Anyone have experience with these amplifiers or have any sugestions?

I would go with the new one, whichever that is. That would give you a warranty and that's more valuable than the name on the front of the chassis.
WarHorse's Avatar WarHorse 04:37 PM 09-03-2013
Get the one that looks the coolest !
lulimet's Avatar lulimet 08:22 PM 09-03-2013
Where are you getting the Parasound 2250 for $500? I don't think you can get any of those amps for $500 new.
Are you looking in the used market?
madskaman's Avatar madskaman 08:27 PM 09-03-2013
The only new amplifier would be the m1pwr. They're $500 new, and $430 refurbished. The parasound 2250 would be on the high end of my budget closer to the $600 mark, but still justifiable, and used.
arnyk's Avatar arnyk 10:00 AM 09-04-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by madskaman View Post

The M1PWR looks to me like one half of a Behringer A500 for only about 8 times the price before a close out discount, 3 times the price after.

For about half your budget you could get a good refurb AVR with almost twice the power in 2 channel mode, and features that can make a positive difference like Bass management and automated system optimization.

Most dyed-in-the-wool 2 channel people get emotional when I say things like that, but they are true. ;-)
Up
Mobile  Desktop