The 2 channel question. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-03-2013, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Are there any home theatre receivers out there that will preamp output to an external system, all the sources connected to it such as Sonos or resident to it such as FM or AirPlay? My Denon 2313 will only preamp output from an external analog input. Useless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-04-2013, 05:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOSCUBA View Post

Are there any home theatre receivers out there that will preamp output to an external system, all the sources connected to it such as Sonos or resident to it such as FM or AirPlay? My Denon 2313 will only preamp output from an external analog input. Useless.

Yes, but you have to move up to far more expensive products. In my book the 2313 lacks preamp outputs in the classic sense that are used to power the main speakers with larger amps. All it seems to have is a L&R pair that are designed for a second pair of speakers, presumably in a different room.

This is the back panel of a Denon 3313:

Note that it has a complete set of preamp outs that have the same signals as are passed to the internal amps for the usual run of speakers that one uses in the same room as the AVR.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-04-2013, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think you missed the main point if my question. Sorry I was not clear. The 2313 has preamp outputs but sources internal to the reveiver ie airplay, fm, etc will not pass thru to zone 2. And this is also true for the 3313. You can play music from your iPhone thru airplay on the main speakers, but not on zone 2. If you notice on your 3313 pic submission directly above the preamp out is a series of external analog inputs for the preamp outs. You are restricted to these inputs for Zone 2.
Please comment.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-04-2013, 08:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOSCUBA View Post

I think you missed the main point if my question. Sorry I was not clear. The 2313 has preamp outputs but sources internal to the reveiver ie airplay, fm, etc will not pass thru to zone 2. And this is also true for the 3313. You can play music from your iPhone thru airplay on the main speakers, but not on zone 2. If you notice on your 3313 pic submission directly above the preamp out is a series of external analog inputs for the preamp outs. You are restricted to these inputs for Zone 2.
Please comment.

I think I read in another thread that zone 2 outputs do pick up internal digital sources in some of the new models that just came out.

All of the user current and recent past manuals are free downloads...
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page