Headphone Question - Skullcandy Aviators - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 09-12-2013, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone have experience with the Skullcandy Aviators? I know Skullcandys (Skullcandies?) generally get a bad wrap in terms of audio quality, but I've been reading some positive reviews from around the web. I thought it would be a good idea to check in with the folks here and get some trusted opinions.

I know the Aviators won't provide a flat response, but that's fine with me. I also own a pair of Sony MDR7506 cans and some Shure SRH440s. The Aviators would be for in-home, "less serious" listening. Something with a bit of flavor to them that won't break the bank.

Any and all opinions welcome. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-12-2013, 10:40 AM
FMW
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked: 813
Since you don't care about sound quality or serious listening, I would think they would be fine.
post #3 of 8 Old 09-12-2013, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMW View Post

Since you don't care about sound quality or serious listening, I would think they would be fine.
Wow, that was a bit harsh. Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum...

It's not that I don't care about sound quality, I'm simply not interested in another set of flat-response headphones. Maybe I should have fleshed out the original post with specific questions such as...
- How do they sound?
- How does their sound compare to that of other headphones in the price range?
- Are they comfortable to use for longer periods of time (1 hour or more)?
- Have you experienced any issues/problems with these headphones? What were they?
- Overall, are you happy with your purchase?
post #4 of 8 Old 09-12-2013, 11:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxgotsthafia View Post

Does anyone have experience with the Skullcandy Aviators? I know Skullcandys (Skullcandies?) generally get a bad wrap in terms of audio quality, but I've been reading some positive reviews from around the web. I thought it would be a good idea to check in with the folks here and get some trusted opinions.

I know the Aviators won't provide a flat response, but that's fine with me. I also own a pair of Sony MDR7506 cans and some Shure SRH440s. The Aviators would be for in-home, "less serious" listening. Something with a bit of flavor to them that won't break the bank.

If you like them regardless, then you don't need permission from me to enjoy them! ;-)
post #5 of 8 Old 09-12-2013, 11:28 AM
FMW
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked: 813
It was a warm welcome. Ignoring you with a cold shoulder would be the opposite. What you got was a straightforward, honest answer without any sugar coating. I have no personal experience with those headphones. I can tell you that the brand is not known for good sound quality. You said you didn't want headphones with a flat frequency response. Since a fairly flat frequency response is a requirement for high fidelity sound reproduction, then you are saying, in effect, that you don't want good sound quality. So I suggested that the product, which I view as being poor in sound quality, would suit your requirements. Is that better? My purpose wasn't to injure your sensibilities. It was simply to answer your question.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-12-2013, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxgotsthafia View Post

What flavor are you looking for? Muted highs? Boosted lows?
Perhaps an EQ will be better suited as you can tailor the flavor for the source material and use your existing cans.
post #7 of 8 Old 09-12-2013, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Look at Sol Republic. They are pretty comfortable and mildly fashionable. Colored sound and emphasized bass for a reasonable price.

Just my $.02
Proxgotsthafia likes this.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-19-2014, 01:13 PM

Well I just bought them and they are awesome I usually hate Skullcandy but Aviators are an exception I think they just did a new START to headphones world

Reply 2-Channel Audio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page