in-ear headphone - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-20-2013, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi,

im looking for in ear headphones that have an excellent build quality. I'm trying to not spend even 100usd on these. The last pair I have are Yamaha EPH-50 (although I think I paid close to 50usd and not 75 to 100 usd). The odd thing with the EPH-50 is that they seem to not be broken even though the right ear does not play audio (and I have been fairly nice to them for their 3 yr lifespan).

I've been eying Jays a-Jay Three (a swedish company). Klipsch, Denon and Sennheiser are on my list of companies to look at.

Am I missing any specific model or company? Sony is out of the question, I dont care how much people rave about them (if anyone did).

Thanks

some lovely quotes:

"When I was in the military they gave me a medal for killing two men and a discharge for loving one."

"One of the mannequins committed suicide, I do not blame them."

"For pleasure! Why ELSE would you eat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-20-2013, 11:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked: 1162
Quote:
Originally Posted by john123ajf67 View Post

hi,

im looking for in ear headphones that have an excellent build quality. I'm trying to not spend even 100usd on these. The last pair I have are Yamaha EPH-50 (although I think I paid close to 50usd and not 75 to 100 usd). The odd thing with the EPH-50 is that they seem to not be broken even though the right ear does not play audio (and I have been fairly nice to them for their 3 yr lifespan).

I've been eying Jays a-Jay Three (a swedish company). Klipsch, Denon and Sennheiser are on my list of companies to look at.

Am I missing any specific model or company? Sony is out of the question, I dont care how much people rave about them (if anyone did).

Sennheiser makes in-ears. So do a lot of people. Here are some reviews to entertain yourself with:

http://en.goldenears.net/GR_Earphones
post #3 of 6 Old 09-26-2013, 09:44 AM

Liked: 17
I have used Shure in ear models over the years. They perform well in noisy environments like airplanes.
post #4 of 6 Old 09-28-2013, 10:04 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Seriously, check out the Apple deluxe buds. No, these are not the same as the ones that come with the iphones. They sell an in ear bud that has separate woofer and tweeter, cost around $80, very good sound.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-29-2013, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by john123ajf67 View Post

hi,

Thanks

HeadFi is a good place to go.

There is a large on going comparison of the in-ear headphones across multiple price ranges, they refer to these as In Ear Monitors (IEMs)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-297-iems-compared-steelseries-flux-in-ear-flux-in-ear-pro-added-09-25-13-p-772

Just go the first page of the long thread, it is updated often.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-30-2013, 06:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I have Brainwavz M1 and M2, the M1 is the "better" sounding one, but the M2 gets used more due to above average bass response
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page