Garage system suggestions? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-30-2013, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Am replacing a system in a home garage following a flood. Former gear was a pair of Rotel RB-850 amps and a Rotel preamp/tuner, and the setup drove four tower speakers well enough that an outdoor audio system was unnecessary. I'd like to replace what was lost -- and rely only on one pair of speakers, Boston Acoustics T-830 (8 ohm 3ways). And still get ample sound loud but quality sound when not pushed hard. Budget is $200 to $400; used gear, not new, please. Beyond that, I'm open to suggestions. An outdated home theater receiver marked down huge because it's unwanted? More vintage gear like sansui? Something simple like NAD? Thank you in advance for any recommendations. C.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-04-2013, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
whenever I need gear I spend a saturday going to garage sales, estate sales, and pawn shops, thrift stores etc. spend five minutes on craigslist and get a few addresses and then go shopping. If what you are looking for will satisfy you in the long run an, old 2 channel set up for 10 bucks at a garage sale will suffice. But if you plan on mounting Satelite speakers on a opposite wall, or outdoor speakers then something with multi- zone and or 5 channel capablity would be what I'd look for. i hope that helps.
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page