I have about $1000 dollars to spend, and i am looking for a 2 channel set up in my tv room. My room floorplan is not set up properly for me to get a surround system, therefore i am stuck with a 2 channel setup. Amplifier and bookshelf speakers. this would be mostly used for tv movies about 70 percent of the time and the other 30 percent on music. Can i get a decent 2 channel setup with $1000? also, this setup would be without a sub, so i will need some speakers with good low end. i know i cant get subwoofer levels, but i can live with that.what are some recommendations. my room size is about 14 ft by 20 feet. and my sitting distance from the speakers will be about 16-18 feet away. i will need something that can get kind of loud, and not put strain on the system.
thanks ahead of time