Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #91 of 98 Old 07-28-2014, 09:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 130
^ That brings up a good point though, about Oppo and how they have a 30 day return policy.
You can buy and then if you don't like them, just return for a full refund within 30 days and you are only out the shipping charges.
I don't know of any other OEM of these types of products that offers such a generous return policy.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 98 Old 07-29-2014, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post
I think the unbalanced headphone outputs will be very close to the same, but the balanced will sound quite a bit better.
It also of course depends on what headphones you are using. You will need some very high quality cans like the PM-1 or PM-2 to hear the difference.
I think the balanced output are superior to the unbalanced on the Oppo HA-1; even at matching audio level. The balanced just sounds better.

HT: CLASSE CA-5300 DELTA - BRYSTON 4B SST2 - DENON 4520CI - B&W 803D2, 2*DB1, HTM2D2, 804D2, Nautilus SCM1, 805D2, SA Talent - VAN DEN HUL - GIK ACOUSTICS - AUDYSSEY Pro Kit - SAMSUNG ES8005 46" - MAC Mini Late 2012 i7/16GB/SSD - SYNOLOGY NAS 50TB
HP: Oppo HA-1 - Audeze LCD-3(Fazor), LCD-XC - Cambridge DacMagic Plus - Beyerdynamic T5p, T70p
post #93 of 98 Old 07-30-2014, 10:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 78
This is what Oppo says about the HA-1 ".... All single-ended outputs are derived from the balanced signal as well...."

This means the SE output is derived from the positive leg of the balanced output, so how can the SE output sound inferior to the balanced output since its the same signal? Just curious...

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #94 of 98 Old 07-31-2014, 12:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post
This is what Oppo says about the HA-1 ".... All single-ended outputs are derived from the balanced signal as well...."

This means the SE output is derived from the positive leg of the balanced output, so how can the SE output sound inferior to the balanced output since its the same signal? Just curious...

It's magic.

I'll be back later...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
> digits >
>
>
>
and
>
post #95 of 98 Old 07-31-2014, 03:59 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post

It is the same signal; but only half of it By switching between balanced and unbalanced output (with same headphones; I could with ease hear which output is being used). Just tested by having another person selecting output and setting matching volume level. (pausing the music during switch and volume adjustment).

Edit:
Keep in mind that balanced is not only lower noise levels; also increased dynamic range.

HT: CLASSE CA-5300 DELTA - BRYSTON 4B SST2 - DENON 4520CI - B&W 803D2, 2*DB1, HTM2D2, 804D2, Nautilus SCM1, 805D2, SA Talent - VAN DEN HUL - GIK ACOUSTICS - AUDYSSEY Pro Kit - SAMSUNG ES8005 46" - MAC Mini Late 2012 i7/16GB/SSD - SYNOLOGY NAS 50TB
HP: Oppo HA-1 - Audeze LCD-3(Fazor), LCD-XC - Cambridge DacMagic Plus - Beyerdynamic T5p, T70p

Last edited by Berland; 07-31-2014 at 04:03 AM.
post #96 of 98 Old 08-22-2014, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 357
anyone try the alternative Lambskin Leather Earpads?
post #97 of 98 Old 08-22-2014, 06:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post
Here's some info from using all of the PM-1 pads on the PM-2.
More info from Tyll on using them with the PM-1 soon.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content...d-measurements

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
post #98 of 98 Old 08-22-2014, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post

I have. I prefer them. The sound is more open on the high end and seems a bit more defined in the lows.

There is a good comparison with measurement in Innerfidelity:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content...d-measurements

The difference sounded more pronounced than the measurements might look, but then again the scale is pretty large.
If you have PM-1s, I recommend signing up for them.

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page