AVS Forum banner

Yamaha Soavo NS-F901 Speakers...Giant Killers !

21K views 86 replies 16 participants last post by  RayDunzl 
#1 ·
:eeksurprise: Have you all seen this video?

They start out by playing some music on the $100,000 TAD R-1's and around 21 minutes into the video a guy comes on stage and puts his hand on top of the Yamaha speakers, letting you know that they are going to be switching to the Yamaha speakers.

At about 20 minutes into the video they start by playing the first part of a song on the TAD speakers and when they play that same song on the Yamaha speakers, the Yamaha speakers clearly...s:eeksurprise:und better !...

#8 ·
:eeksurprise: Have you all seen this video?

At about 20 minutes into the video they start by playing the first part of a song on the TAD speakers and when they play that same song on the Yamaha speakers, the Yamaha speakers clearly...s:eeksurprise:und better !...
Do you really think you/we can tell how a speaker sounds from an internet video played back though computer speakers? :rolleyes:

#21 ·
Bud... I know you are not "happy" that I disagree. Can you provide some technical data to reinforce your claim that headphones can accurately reproduce sound "exactly" like a standalone speaker?

I don't care which make/model $2000 headphones or earbuds one uses, it ain't the same. Especially using a YouTube video. :)

#26 · (Edited)
wow! Now that my modified Yamaha a-s2000 Integrated amp has broke-in some more after 30 days with the QuickSilver GOLD contact enhancer on those connector pins inside, I can now really tell the difference between the TAD and Yamaha speakers with my Audeze LCD-3 headphones!

I think I may be on to something here with this tweak!... :D

I was listening to some Joni Mitchell music today and I nearly fell out of my chair!.. she sounded like she was right there in front of me in my room!.. it sounded SO REAL!!

With Home Theater the sound was like I was at a Theater But I only have two speakers!..

#42 ·
OK..I know its not a good way to listen to speakers but you can still tell the difference using these headphones anyway.:D

Ratman, do they have these Yamaha Soavo speakers in any stores where you live?...nobody has them here where I live.

If they do, I was wondering if you could give us some feedback on their sound. THANK YOU

#46 ·
They will wait for Ratman a very long time.

Have you heard those speakers somewhere other than your $2000 headphones (that you didn't pay full price for) watching a YouTube video? :)

#48 ·
No... I'm saying that I will not drive two hours to NYC for anything.
Also, I would not consider driving to NYC to audition/review speakers for someone's benefit based on a YouTube video. :)

You can go there and provide your review for the benefit of other if you desire.

#56 ·
what a terrible thread....from all sides

god bless

#66 ·
It takes a pretty good dose of science to optimize the magic part...

Some here may have a little too much "good enough for me is good enough for everyone" in their genes.

#69 ·
Someone over on the {Audiogon Forum} heard these Yamaha speakers and bought them after hearing them. He was raving about them saying he really didn't need speakers but after hearing them he had to have them!.. Go over there on the {Speaker Forum} and look what he said about these Yamaha speakers...Roguemodel was the one that bought these speakers over there.

I thought they sounded pretty d*mn good through my head:eek:phones:D:eek::)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.