Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-23-2014, 06:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Rotel optical input

Hey,

I've decided to buy the cm9 of B&W second hand.
I wanted to buy the rotel ra 1570 with it. This because it is one system and most of all has an optical input for my ps4.
The problem is that it will probably take a long time before I will find it second hand. Now I'm looking for other Rotel options.

My question:
For just a little more money, I can buy seperate amps. The problem is that the ones I can buy don't have an optical input. If I buy these and buy an optical to analoge converter for about 100 bucks, is this in any way bad for the stereo audio vs the build in optical input of the ra 1570?
And if I go for the seperates, is it really better to buy the newest versions? I can also buy the older Rotel RC 1070 / RB 1070 for a lot less. I couldn't care less if I get more option with the newer versions, I only care about the audio quality.

And last, is there a change that with the optical converter, I get a slight audio delay with the screen?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-23-2014, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
If you are looking for cost effective sound quality, why not get the older separates and a DAC to plug your optical connection into? Cambridge Audio, Peachtree Audio and NAD sell very well reviewed $200-500 DACs with optical inputs, and you would see both a big improvement from digital files and have a pretty cost effective solution (cost effective being relative).

I'm not sure how well the PS4 plays with DACs, but I would think you would see a pretty serious sound quality enhancement and solve your connection requirement.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-23-2014, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

So the older versions aren't significantly worse than the newer versions?
: Rotel ra 1570 VS Rotel RC 1070 / RB 1070
The older Rotel version and the B&W cm9 would be a good combo? If the newer ones are really a step up, I don't mind paying the few extra bucks.

If so, I'm going for them. I like the looks of them too.
post #4 of 5 Old 07-23-2014, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

I can buy the Rotel RC 1070 / RB 1070 second hand for 700 euro's. This is included with an interlink cabel, worth 90 euro's. The set is purchached in 2009. Should I go for it, or wait a little longer for another set? The original price of the set used to be 1500 euro's.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-23-2014, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone? Am I paying too much?
Reply 2-Channel Audio