Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-10-2014, 03:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
B&W 805d and Rotel Amp owners - stereo setup

Hello.

Wanted to gather opinions on the pairing of these two? Currently choosing between the 4 Rotel stereo amps below:

• RB-1562 - Class D = 100w x 2 @ 8ohms
  • RB-1572 - Class D = 255w x 2 @ 8ohms
  • RB-1552 Mk 2 - Class A/B = 2 x 120w @ 8ohms
  • RB-1582 Mk 2 - Class A/B = 2 x 200w @ 8ohms

Which Rotel amps are you guys using? Are you happy with the pairing? Thoughts and opinions?

Currently, can't audition all 4 amps... So I'm left with making educated guesses.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-11-2014, 11:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Is there a particular reason you're looking only at Rotel? Nothing wrong with that, just curious. Alot depends on the size of the room and how loud you like to listen. I have Nautilus 805s as my main HT speakers, but I listen to music with them, too. I'm using the RMB-1075 Rotel amp, which is 120 watts x 5. It does the job just fine in my 13 x 22 feet living room. We sit about 12 feet away from the TV console and usually listen at no more than -10db below reference.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-12-2014, 02:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccur View Post
Is there a particular reason you're looking only at Rotel? Nothing wrong with that, just curious. Alot depends on the size of the room and how loud you like to listen. I have Nautilus 805s as my main HT speakers, but I listen to music with them, too. I'm using the RMB-1075 Rotel amp, which is 120 watts x 5. It does the job just fine in my 13 x 22 feet living room. We sit about 12 feet away from the TV console and usually listen at no more than -10db below reference.
Hi Maccur,

Thanks for the reply.

Mainly going for Rotel since I have easy access to the units and post sales service would be easier compared to the more "exotic" brands. Considered NAD, but found the Rotel's to be better looking aesthetically plus I thought it would be a safe pairing since B&W and Rotel are technically under one company.

Ooops. I apologize for not pointing out my listening positions. I'll be around (1m - 2m/3ft - 7ft) away from the speakers.

"We sit about 12 feet away from the TV console"

This gives me a very good gauge... Thanks.
Reply 2-Channel Audio
Gear in this thread - 805d by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page