Rotel RA-12 v/s Marantz PM6005 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-14-2014, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Rotel RA-12 v/s Marantz PM6005

If anyone could please share any comments, feedback about these two integrated amps it will greatly help me in making a decision. These are what I have narrowed it down to replace my HK 3490.
Please feel free to suggest any others that you'd like me to consider for this purpose.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-15-2014, 09:31 AM
FMW
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 709
I would choose whichever costs less. You should probably choose whichever looks best you you. Personally I would use an AV receiver. It would cost less and do more.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-16-2014, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anode View Post
If anyone could please share any comments, feedback about these two integrated amps it will greatly help me in making a decision. These are what I have narrowed it down to replace my HK 3490.
Please feel free to suggest any others that you'd like me to consider for this purpose.

Thanks.
IMO the Rotel is a much better unit; better designed and has more capability to drive a wide range of speakers well.

Marantz is not bad, but the Rotel is very good.

The Rotel will probably give you a noticeable improvement in sound quality over the HK.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-16-2014, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman View Post
IMO the Rotel is a much better unit; better designed and has more capability to drive a wide range of speakers well.

Marantz is not bad, but the Rotel is very good.

The Rotel will probably give you a noticeable improvement in sound quality over the HK.
Thanks for your reply. The one thing that could tip the balance in favor of the Rotel is that it seems like it has a true digital(not analog line out) ipod/iphone input.
You said it is a better unit and better designed. Can you say anything more about that ? In what ways is it different in this regard from the Marantz ?
post #5 of 5 Old 09-12-2014, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

I had a chance to listen to both these integrated amps yesterday. Both were driven via their digital inputs so the dac could be tested also and both were driving the same speakers which were a higher end (~$4k) Focal floor standing speakers (I forget the exact model# now).
Both were very close but the Rotel sounded a bit more open. And the Marantz had a slight emphasis in the low mid-range that gives it a slightly different signature than the Rotel. So right now the I leaning more towards the Rotel.
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page