Official Yaqin MC-10T Thread... - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 07-20-2015, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Official Yaqin MC-10T Thread...

Hi everyone, I haven't seen the Yaqin MC-10T Integrated Amp mentioned very often in this forum and would like to open some dialog about what I think is a fine sounding amp. I have had mine now for about 75 to 80 playing hours and it seems to be getting better all the time. I would luv some input about your experiences with this amp and any tube rolling that you have done. I have read somewhere that the Golden Lion KT-77s sound awesome.

Hope to hear your experiences,

The music is the answer,

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-24-2015, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Aguilar
Bill,

I have the Yaqin MS-20 integrated amp. I also have tried the Golden Lion KT-77s, they do sound very good in that amp. I did run into a problem using those tubes in my amp though. They caused the fuse to blow on start up and shut down at times. I must have gone through 10 fuses over a several month stretch. I ended up going a different route with tubes. I did love the sound they produced, it was just frustrating to continually have the fuse blow.

I really am enjoying my amp. I have had it, I think 4 years now. Love the sound.

Jeff
post #3 of 8 Old 07-24-2015, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Aguilar View Post
Bill,

I have the Yaqin MS-20 integrated amp. I also have tried the Golden Lion KT-77s, they do sound very good in that amp. I did run into a problem using those tubes in my amp though. They caused the fuse to blow on start up and shut down at times. I must have gone through 10 fuses over a several month stretch. I ended up going a different route with tubes. I did love the sound they produced, it was just frustrating to continually have the fuse blow.

I really am enjoying my amp. I have had it, I think 4 years now. Love the sound.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff, I knew that somebody here had to be using a Yaqin integrated.

Wonder why the fuses kept blowing.

Keep enjoying the amp and the music.

Bill
post #4 of 8 Old 07-26-2015, 10:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpauge View Post
Thanks Jeff, I knew that somebody here had to be using a Yaqin integrated.

Wonder why the fuses kept blowing.

Keep enjoying the amp and the music.

Bill
I can't believe that not a single person in the AVS forum doesn't own or hasn't owned a Yaqin integrated.
post #5 of 8 Old Yesterday, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I have the 10T but haven't used it much yet. Its on the list of items to modded. There are 3 other items before it. http://www.cathedralspeakers.com/yaqin
post #6 of 8 Old Today, 07:28 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have a MC-100B . I've had it for about three months now. It has 90-100 hours on the stock tubes. The sound keeps getting better as it breaks in, voices and acoustic instruments, to me, sound the best, although i tend to listen to all types of music, bass is also getting better and tighter.

I bought an APC LE 1200 voltage regulator. Read somewhere that the transformers that come with it like 110V. Never had a problem with blown fuses or circuit breakers.

Have not done any tube rolling, but from what I've read, the pre-amp tubes are the ones that will make the most change in sound and that is what i plan to change first.
post #7 of 8 Old Today, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Aguilar
Bill, there is quite a long thread here on AVS for the Yaqin MS-20. I tried different tubes after reading what other people have tried.

Jeff
post #8 of 8 Old Today, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought a Yaqin MS-534 (aka Grant Fidelity A534) in 2012, second-hand and it's wonderful. It's made my speakers musical, where solid state was failing, miserably (not that I have tons of experience). I even enjoy country music with it, which I am deeply ashamed of. I can't shake the neighbouring houses, like before, though. And it's too warm for summers in my house, which is why I'm considering a solid-state back-up.

6 months into ownership, I ran out of the included N. American fuses because the rectifier tube had gone bright pink/purple, dying. I got (Chinese) replacement fuses, along with a brand name rectifier from eBay. The pre-tested brand name rectifier wouldn't work and the seller sent me a bottom of the barrel RCA, so that I could determine the route of my problems. The RCA worked, but sounded horribly (scratchy/flat). The previous owner urged me to give it a week and just like he suggested, the RCA rectifier totally opened up and I got my details back! I haven't had a problem, since, but I often wonder if the cheap fuse is a bottleneck, even though I think I read somewhere that the fuses don't contribute, sonically. I think I read the same of the rectifier tube (not contributing sonically), but as I mentioned, during the break-in, it played a HUGE role on sound! And there's even a $10 SOLID-STATE rectifier that I am considering, which is designed to maximize bass:
https://tubedepot.com/products/solid-state-rectifier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 2-Channel Audio