2 Channel DRC - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-14-2016, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 11
2 Channel DRC

I apologize in advance if I may be beating a dead horse, as I dont frequent the 2-channel forum often, but is digital room correction common in 2 channel setups? I see minidsp has a few pieces hosting the dirac live software, but I don't understand why I havent seen a 2 channel integrated amp with some sort of eq built in (xt32, accueq, ypao). I understand it shouldn't get in the way of proper room treatments, but it really seems like the home theater world is getting the goodies for people wanting a more plug 'n play satisfactory setup without breaking the bank. Are there individuals that purchased an AVR with xt32 or the like, just to take advantage of the eq features for a 2 channel setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-14-2016, 11:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 334
The easiest way to get room correction in a 2 channel setup is an AVR. It's what I use now but I let my speakers run full range. I use direct audio mode for music and occasional for a movie. I've owned one integrated amp with room correction. That was a Harman Kardon HK990. Quite the beast too. It used the same room correction as in the higher end of AVR's by HK. In my case room correction makes very little difference. I have acoustic tiled ceilings and lots of soft furniture and heavy carpet. Someone mentioned another brand that had room correction in a dedicated 2 channel integrated but I can't remember offhand what that was. Anthem comes to mind but I could be wrong.

Yamaha CX-A5000 - Acurus A100x3 & Outlaw 7075 - Salk Song Towers - Custom Selah Audio Center - Oppo 103 - Marantz TT42
***GO SEAHAWKS ***
Twas a woman who drove me to drink. I never had the decency to write and thank her ~ WC Fields
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 2-Channel Audio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page