AVS Forum banner

Axpona 2017

2K views 48 replies 14 participants last post by  Scotth3886 
#1 · (Edited)
http://www.axpona.com/

Axpona 2017 is April 21-23 at the Westin O'Hare in Rosemont, IL.

Still a ways away given that it's only February 6th.

I'm going for the entire time. I'm wondering if anyone is interested in doing a Get Together? Maybe Saturday night since that would be the night that most of us who stay there would be there.

#4 ·
I know this thread was just a wee bit ahead of time.

I booked hotel through 'booking.com' thinking I was making only reservations, but they charged me already non-cancelable so I'm going for sure. I'll be there from Friday through Sunday.

And definitely, I would like to meet you.

#5 ·
I will be there staying at the Marriott Suites across the street.

#8 · (Edited)
Saturday late afternoon or early evening would probably make the most sense as that should be when the most folks are there.

The last seminar of the day ends at 4:30 and a live concert begins at 6:30 - 9:30. I don't have any details on who its going to be yet. Maybe between those times? Probably best to pick someplace around there as it's $35 every time you move your car, plus I'm sure there are folks (maybe most of them) who flew in and don't have a car with them. Lots of folks stay across the street at the Marriot (including me). Possibly meet for drinks and those who then want to go to dinner together can then go. Editor, Mark Henninger, always goes so maybe he'd want to join us? I just emailed him to make sure he saw this thread.

#10 ·
I'm tempting myself to take some of my vacation time to go. I've never been to a big audio show, and it seems like it could be cool, and it would be a chance to hear a bunch of stuff that I wouldn't have the opportunity to otherwise. Plus, it looks like the 'L' trains have stops in the area, so I could extend my stay a couple of days and do Chicago-y stuff.

How does AXPONA compare to other events like Rocky Mountain Audio Fest or Capital Audio Fest?

#12 ·
I'm starting to consider attending more seriously, and thinking the O'Hare Comfort Inn from the Axpona site looks like a nice option since they have a free shuttle to and from Axpona. Does anyone from the area or who has attended in the past know how easy it is to get too/from downtown Chicago using the L trains and/or buses from the area?

From the site it looks like the demo rooms are open until 6pm Friday and Saturday, and 4pm on Sunday, so heading into Chicago-proper afterwards to see the sites could be fun. What's the best way to do that without spending a ton on taxis? I'd also be open to a meet-up if other AVSers are going.

#13 ·
Taxi would provably be cheaper than parking. During the week $35 just about every time you move your car. I haven't tried to go downtown. At my advanced age, after everything is over at the show, it's time for a good fart and then bedtime so I can be alert the next day. .

" I'd also be open to a meet-up if other AVSers are going. "

It's getting close enough that it should be about time to get this figured out. I'm at the Marriot across the street from the show.

#14 ·
http://www.axpona.com/live.asp

Above is the live music schedule for the show. Maybe we'd want to meet at a local watering hole after the performances? I figure that after the show everyone will be in their room taking a nap or powdering their nose. And then the live stuff from 6:30 to 8:30 so maybe after on Saturday night? Figured the majority will be here on Saturday so could this make sense? Or late afternoon on Saturday at 4:30 or 5:00?

#15 ·
We're getting closer to the show so remember that it's much cheaper to but tickets in advance versus at the door. $55 for a three day pass instead of $90 at the door.

http://www.axpona.com/

If we want to do a get together, maybe the Benchmark Bar in the hotel would be best as it's not horribly crowded.

As many know, it's quite expensive at the hotel restaurant with the average entre $40 and up. Maybe if we wanted to get something to eat together the restaurant named Giordano's would be a better idea as it's much cheaper and about a 500' walk to the north.

https://giordanos.com/locations/rosemont-ohare/

#24 ·
I just received the below concerning parking:

Dear Scott,

We look forward to seeing you at AXPONA this week, April 21 – 23, 2017 at the Westin O’Hare. I would like to provide you with some last minute details to make your visit to AXPONA as easy as possible.

Check-In:When you arrive at the Westin O’Hare, please visit AXPONA Registration on the lobby level to check-in and pick up your badge. Please bring a printed copy of your ticket(s) emailed to you or have access to a digital version upon your arrival. It will make your check-in process very quick!

Your pass gives you access to the Listening Rooms, The Marketplace, Ear Gear Expo, Seminars, and Concerts.

Show Hours Badge pick up/Registration hours

April 21, 2017 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM 9:00 AM- 6:00 PM

April 22, 2017 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM 9:00 AM- 6:00 PM

April 23, 2017 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM 9:00 AM- 4:00 PM

Location:AXPONA takes place at the Westin O’Hare, 6100 North River Road, Rosemont, IL.

Parking:

We will have self-parking (discounted @ $10 a day) at the Westin O’Hare and complimentary overflow lots during AXPONA. Please drive to the Westin O’Hare and our parking attendants will direct you to the lot with available parking at the time of your arrival.

Friday

Westin O’Hare: There is self-parking at the Westin O’Hare at a discounted rate of $10/day. A discount ticket is needed in order to receive the discounted rate. Discount tickets can be picked up at AXPONA registration during AXPONA event hours.

Overflow Lot: There will be additional complimentary parking at Point O’Hare. Please go to the Westin O’Hare and our parking attendants will direct you to Point O’Hare and provide you with identification for your car. A shuttle service will be provided and there is no charge for the overflow lot.

Saturday and Sunday

Westin O’Hare: There is self-parking at the Westin O’Hare at a discounted rate of $10/day. A discount ticket is needed in order to receive the discounted rate. Discount tickets can be picked up at AXPONA registration during AXPONA event hours.

Overflow Lot: There will be additional complimentary parking at MB Financial across the street. A shuttle service will be provided and there is no charge for the overflow lot.

Food & Beverage
Starbucks is open throughout the show and offers a variety of food and beverage options. Benchmark Restaurant is available for sit-down services for breakfast, lunch and dinner plus drinks. For quick service at lunch stop by the AXPONA Café in LaSalle B, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 am – 2:00 pm with an assortment of hot and cold options. * Friday and Saturday Only: Grab & Go Lunch will be open in near the Marketplace from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm. Stop here for a selection of sandwiches and salads and a quick break!

Frequently Asked QuestionsWe have answers to many more frequently asked questions at www.axpona.com/faq.asp.

I look forward to seeing you at the show!

#26 ·
Here's a copy of the Axpona map and exhibitor directory PDF:

Code:
mega.nz/#!9rgTBSIT!3sQJYpaU_Jb3OAhKFkeJOtivk_ixnhhjPkZ_ixjm9h0
I extracted those pages from the full show directory because it was a bit hard to navigate, especially on mobile. You can find the full show directory PDF here:

Code:
axpona.com/exhibitors.asp
(I haven't posted before so the forum won't let me make those links clickable.)

#40 ·
I spent a full Friday at APEC this year.
A full day of enjoyment, including the analog master tapes listening sessions on the lover level.

I am not sure if this is only me, but I noticed that this year it was a bit fewer exhibitors. Especially with the nice sounding expensive speakers. Also the first floor and the lower level appeared as a scaled down vs. last year.

#43 ·
So Scott and others that attended AXPONA, please tell us what you saw and your highlights. I really wanted to go but family and business obligations took precedent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.